Silverbacks Alliance Council?

Discussion in 'Atlanta NASL' started by TerminusFooty, Nov 10, 2013.

1. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 TerminusFooty, Nov 10, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2013
    Anyone know if Boris has ever considered anything along the lines of the Sounders fans Alliance?

http://www.soundersfc.com/alliance/about.aspx

If the Silverbacks decide to stick around, this could give the fans a formal voice in the affairs of the club, increase their emotional investment (and increase season ticket sales if that's the requirement for membership). Also may be a nice PR contrast to what could be a more impersonal top-down approach from the MLS club.

2. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You want to help fund the Silverbacks? Buy season tickets. (I know you do, I'm saying in general.)

You buy an ownership stake, it's a one-time infusion of capital and you become - depending on the agreement - liable for losses and potential legal ramifications of decisions made by the corporate entity.

Buy season tickets every year and you continue to fund the club's operations on an ongoing basis.

I know there's this romantic notion of fans owning a club (or even a part of a club). But the romance is outweighed by the financial reality. A one-time investment (especially when losses are inevitable) doesn't help nearly as much as an annual one. And there are a host of issues that come along with a corporation being publicly traded.

This is not likely to be a growing trend. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

penske repped this.
  4. TerminusFooty

TerminusFooty Member+

Feb 4, 2012
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #4 TerminusFooty, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    Not surprised you disagree. I still think it's a good idea.