Signup for Drafted EPL Roto League

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, Jun 14, 2009.

1. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm in and currently, sneakily doing my wishlist with all the lights out in the room. It looked a bit bright so I have retreated to the toilet with the laptop.

2. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California

i've been unavailable the past few days. just tried to find the league, but couldn't. do i need an invite or was the name changed? and i don't have the password since i wasn't on the original list. if i can get it in time, i'm happy to join, even if i don't have much time to tinker with the list. PM me if it's not too late.

3. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    the post above may put our partnership on hold. but if i can't get in, i'm with you! it is tough to find good water boys these days :D

4. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Just checked and allocation has been completed. Wonder how it was for all of you - for me, despite ranking pretty carefully, I've come out with precisely the sort of unbalanced team that Cannon predicted. So first reaction is that this will never replace our traditional drafted league. As Cannon said - why not allow us to create a ranked list for def, mid, for, and gk? Oh well. My team:

Sorensen
    Hutton
    Yobo
    Alex
    Evra
    Figueroa
    Gomez
    N'Zogbia
    Gardner
    Carrick
    Agbonlahor
    Drogba
    Defoe
    Torres

5. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    This is what Anton Mor has surfaced with -

C. Gordon
    W. Gallas
    J. Lescott
    D. Agger
    P. Neville
    N. Kranjcar
    J. Mascherano
    M. Essien
    T. Walcott
    T. Cahill
    Jo
    E. Adebayor
    F. Lampard
    T. Vermaelen
    J. McFadden
    Anderson
    A. Jimenez
    W. Palacios
    S. Bassong
    F. Delph

I now leave it to blech to find us more depth in defense and a decent keeper. Things seem to have went a bit Pete Tong in those areas. :eek:

Still, midfield looks strong. :) Maybe a trade or two would be the way to go.

blech,

still the same team name and password.

6. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    got stuck with one bad GK to start last year may have overcompensated:rolleyes:

Open to offers for one of my GK's or two and Naughton, preferably for a MF

GK: Alumunia, Green, Kuszczak, Robimgson
    Def: Taylor M., Carv, Tomkins, O'Shea, Evans, Illunga, Naughton
    Mid: Arteta, Mkel Obi, Young, Joey Cole, Zhirkov
    Str: Van Persie, Yakuba, Cole, Bent

7. blech

blech Member+

Jun 24, 2002
    California
    i'm on it!

8. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Misread my roster first time, so here's an updated, complete one. Also picked up Riera "on waiver" and dispensed with the unwanted Elano, who probably won't score many prem league points from Turkey after all. One thing I like better in this setup so far is the fact that positions are more specific -- can't have a defense consisting of 5 right backs, for example.

GK: Sorensen
    Def: Evra, Alex, Yobo, Hutton, Bridge, Insua, Distin, Figueroa, Gardner, Kompany
    Mid: Agbonlahor(!), Carrick, Gomez, N'Zogbia, Fletcher, Elano
    For: Defoe, Torres, Drogba

Looks like there's a 48 hour blackout on any transfers - either that or this game is so true to life that Elano is even programmed to be a pain in the manager's arse!

9. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    Aviators team:

Don't remember all the positions each player is elligible for when I checked this morning. Just remember I had trouble trying to move Malbranque into one of the CM spots. It was OK to put Barry there, but not Steed. Can't get into that site from work.

GK: Given MC and Jaaskelainen BW

Def:
    CB: Cahill BW; Hughes FU; Turner HC; Toure MC
    RB: Boswinga CH
    LB: Shorey AV
    Halford WW

Mids:
    RM: Valencia MU;
    CM: Fabregas AR; Barry MC
    LM: Malbranque SU

Bentley TH; Gamst-Pedersen BR; Andrews BR; Cattermole was WI, SU now

Fwds: Berbatov MU; Johnson FU; Scotland WI

First blush, I'm not that unhappy with this drafted team. Looks like I need to give up a CB for another with LB capabilities. Might have to give up one of the RM/LM for another CM or another Fwd.

I'm not sure I understand the rhyme or reason of the draft and how my list really affected it. It might be interesting if some of us shared our draft lists for analysis to see if we can understand the draft algorithm better for next season, assuming there is a next season.

10. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Did something go wrong. I just went to the web site and it is if the allocatoin never happened?

I had a squad earlier.

11. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    same here:confused:

12. Hal

Hal Member+

Sep 9, 1999
    I can't review the draft order that my players were selected, but all 20 of my picks were from the Top 90 players on my prioritized list. If I remember right, Fabregas, although ranked 5th by me, was the second player allocated to the Aviators.

For GKs, I had Cech at priority 13 and Reina at priority 14, which went to others who may have ranked them higher and I got Jaaskelainen at my #17. For my 2nd keeper, the system passed over Howard, my # 22, and gave me Given, my 27th ranked player. I also had GKs at # 40 Friedel, 43 Schwarzer, 70 Almunia, 78 James, 79 Green that were allocated to other teams while filling out my squad.

For Defenders, I missed out on Lescott with a #9 priority, got my next highest rated def, Boswinga at 12, missed out on A. Cole at 19, Vidic at 20 and Terry at 21, and was allocated my next two highest rated defenders in Cahill at 27 and Hughes at 28. The allocation algorithm passed over Ferdinand MU at my 31, Glen Johnson at 33, Carragher at 35, Evra at 39, Baines at 44, then allocated me Turner, my #51 ranked player. The allocation algorithm passed me for my 52th ranked Zhirkov, 53 Vermaelen, 58 Hangeland, and allocated me my #62 ranked Toure. The defender allocations skpped over my 66 Nelsen, 67 Figueroa, 68 Clichy, 72 Melchiot, and 80 Warnock, to allocate me Shorey, ranked 81 by me. The allocation passed me for 82 Hutton, 83 Naughton to award me my last defender, Halford who I ranked at 84.

For mids, #1 Lampard, #2 Gerrard, #4 Arshavin were allocated to others before Aviators got my next two highest rated mids, #5 Fabregas and #10 Barry. Aviators missed out on #11 A. Young, # 16 T. Cahill, but was allocated #18 Valencia. Aviators were skipped on #24 Arteta (which I thought was a pretty high ranking for an injured player, duh!), and #28 Modric before allocated #29 Malbranque. Aviators lost out for # 34 Milijas, #35 D. Murphy, #38 Lennon, #41 Kuyt, #45 M. Taylor, #47 Milner, # 48 Pienaar to get allocated my 49th ranked player, Gamst-Pedersen. Aviators lost out on #54 Ireland, #56 Benayoun, #57 Carrick, #59 Dempsey, #60 Jenas, #63 Essien, #71 Fellaini, #73 Geovanni, and were allocated #74 Cattermole. Aviators lost out on # 76 Lawrence, # 77 Mascherano, and #87 Fletcher before being allocated # 88 Bentley. Aviators missed on #89 Kranjcar and were allocated Andrews, their last mid and worst rated player among those allocated at #90.

For forwards:
    Aviators lost out on #3 Torres, #6 Rooney to get #7 Berbatov. We lost out on #8 Anelka, #15 Robinho, #23 Van Persie, #30 C. Cole, #32 Drogba, #37 Adebayor, #42 Agbonlahor before being allocated #46 A. Johnson. Aviators missed out on #50 D. Bent, #55 Crouch, #61 Tevez, before being allocated my 64th ranked player, Scotland.

Priority/Player
    5 Fabregas
    7 Berbatov
    10 Barry
    12 Boswinga
    17 Jaaskelainen
    18 Valencia
    25 Cahill
    26 Hughes
    27 Given
    29 Malbranque
    46 A. Johnson
    49 Gamst-Pedersen
    51 Turner
    62 Toure
    64 Scotland
    74 Cattermole
    84 Halford
    88 Bentley
    90 Andrews

13. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Need to Think Again

Geez, looking at Hal's wishlist, no wonder the game blew a gasket.

As a previous League Champion, I only had about 32 players on my list and wasn't around to see which cards I was dealt.

In my (other) league, with the Hoi Polloi, I drafted most of my top wishlist picks; as I totally blew them away with my decision to go with lesser valued 'priorities'.

:D

14. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. It says no allocation has happened and I can edit my wish list. I never got to see this phantom allocation. Last time I checked last night, it said our allocation was today but when I checked in today it says the allocation is tomorrow. :confused:

Could it be because the league isn't full or has an odd number of teams? I've only had full leagues in PTG so maybe that is the issue. Did everyone switch to the right league?

15. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :confused::confused: now I got my team back but wth Sharner instead of Illunga, I want Illunga back:mad:

16. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I don't know what happened but I am stuck with Koumas again. Remember to save your squads for each match day.

17. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    I had Lampard and Gerrard first and second but got my third pick Rooney. I also have a bunch of injured Liverpool Defenders. I did not know when the allocation was and was making adjustments while it was actually happening. What is Koumas doing on any list.

Jose Manuel Reina GK
    Leighton Baines LB
    Paul Robinson CB
    Martin Skrtel CB
    Pablo Zabaleta RB
    Glen Johnson DEF/GK SUB
    Shaun Wright-Phillips LM
    Liam Lawrence CM
    Steve Sidwell RM
    Kieran Richardson MID SUB
    James Beattie FOR
    Carlos Tevez FOR
    Sylvain Ebanks-Blake FOR
    Benni McCarthy FOR SUB
    Bench Pos G A CS Min Pts SP Def G/A Pts
    Ryan Giggs Bench
    Park Ji Sung Bench
    Wayne Rooney Bench
    Fabio Aurelio Bench
    Aaron Lennon Bench
    Jason Koumas

18. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How it Works

I think the game lets me have my wishlist first and then moves on to the next.

:D

Ben Foster
    Luke Young
    John Terry
    Matthew Upson
    Jamie Carragher
    Ryan Nelsen
    Ryan Babel
    Luka Modric
    Danny Murphy
    Tomas Rosicky
    Michael Ballack
    Steven Gerrard
    Eduardo da Silva
    Michael Owen
    Alberto Aquilani
    Simon Davies
    Sean Davis
    Chris Eagles
    Emile Heskey
    Pascal Zuberbuhler

OK, I didn't get Anelka.... but I think I got most of the players I 'really' wanted and nothing that wasn't on my very small list.

19. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    Haha, Ilunga joined me! But my squad, while mostly the same, is considerably smaller. And with only one right back!
    Must be a glitch but I can't say I'm hugely impressed with the way this has started...

20. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    want to trade :D

Not liking this start either, but assuming I have the same line up this afternoon:rolleyes: will still consider offerr for one or two of my 3 starting gks

Almunia, Green, Robingson and Kuszciak

21. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Our team remains the same.

blech,

If you're around in the next few hours I'll be available shortly for the rest of the evening to talk team selection and possible trades.

22. ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee Member

Jul 27, 2004
    New York
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just saw my team and I'm pretty happy though I'd like to strengthen the defense. PM me any offers.

Four fantasy teams, four times I've got Robinho.

Andrei Arshavin FOR
    Nicklas Bendtner FOR
    Titus Bramble CB
    John Carew FOR
    Gael Clichy LB
    Ashley Cole LB
    Stewart Downing LM
    Marouane Fellaini CM
    Rio Ferdinand CB
    Geovanni RM
    David James GK
    Jermaine Jenas CM
    Nenad Milijas CM
    Mark Noble CM
    Robinho FOR
    Bacary Sagna RB
    Jlloyd Samuel LB
    Gretar Rafn Steinsson CB
    Jonathan Woodgate
    Edwin van der Sar GK

23. frasermc

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland

I don't suppose you fancy an A.Cole or G.Clichy swap do you?

24. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    :eek: people must believe what Wiiiiigggguuummm says about me:eek:

In my other League I had this proposed to me as deal for my Young and Lampard:

Proposed No Comments Marching On United
    Send Ashley Young
    Receive Aaron Ramsey
    Receive Savio Nsereko
    Accept
    Reject

Proposed No Comments Marching On United
    Send Frank Lampard
    Receive Phil Neville
    Receive Aaron Ramsey
    Receive Savio Nsereko

25. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for the record I never made a wish list... and I think it shows by the roster I was given.
    I wonder if it went through people's wish lists first if they had them--allocated all of those players, and then for anyone who did not create a wish list (I though the list they had on there would be used as a default wish list) then went and allocated whomever was left over.

oh well--all fun and games