Signup for Drafted EPL Roto League

Discussion in 'Games & Fantasy' started by DoctorJones24, Jun 14, 2009.

1. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Re: League

Let's see if we can get this set up. I did it last year. Each manager makes a priority list for drafted players and then there is a draft date that is done automatically. So we need all the managers up and running.

2. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to give this a try as well... I haven't been talllying up the number of managers already saying they're in, though.

3. Captain Orange

Captain Orange New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    That's disappointing about Guardian.

I assumed the draft would be live. I really don't like the list-making format, did it a bunch of times for baseball. subbuteo can have my spot. I promise not to change my mind again! :eek: (based on the draft definitely not being live)

4. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    It is not set up yet. I visited it today to set up a league. As soon as it is set up anyone can start the league and post it here.

It can be called Roto-Rocks

If a better name is out there, please post.

5. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Footy Magoo, did you post here to signal a desire to play, or just chiming in with the FYI re: The Guardian game? Just wanted to make sure before counting you.

Here's the managers who have expressed interest, in order:

1) DrJ24
    2) 1-800WC
    3) Ingrom
    4) Hal
    5) vegas
    6) frasermc
    7) tarvindos
    8) ibreak
    9) Eddie
    10) lobo
    11) subb

*Capt Orange will play if needed to make up numbers.

Btw, just noticed that we'll all have squads of 20 players. Could be some seriously slim pickings by the end of the draft!

6. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville

I'm not interested Doctor. I was just wandering around and thought I'd let the Capt know about the Guardian. ;)

7. Captain Orange

Captain Orange New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Per my last post, I am definitely not in if the draft is list-based.

8. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    You rank all or as many players as you want on a ranked list, then it spits out all the teams at once at a certain date/time, according to the rules set forth there for going through the lists; and then after has a waiver like system for a certain time period on new and dropped players, and an open free agent pool for undrafted players and players whose time on the waiver list has gone bye

9. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    I noted in the OP that we'd be doing a live offline draft, and that I'd enter the rosters once complete.

10. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    nevermind then:eek:

you should send us a pm that one of your posts should actually be read:p:D

11. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    The site is now up and I created a league. However it looks like the only way to get us all into the same private league is to invite you via email. So everyone PM me your email address, and I'll send out the invites.

12. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    I should have mentioned that it looks like I'll need to wait till I get ALL the emails before sending out the invites. From what I can see so far, the only time the league creator can send out invites is during league creation. So currently there's a league where Hal and I are the only invitees--if I can't figure out how to add out more invites, I guess I'll just create a second private league with all the new emails.

13. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    Sent the PM to you. Whenever it starts, it starts.

14. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Same as tarv for me.

15. Ingromius

Ingromius Member

Feb 3, 2000
    NW London
    And ditto for me, only seconds ago... not too quick on the draw today

16. vegas2u

vegas2u Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
  17. 1800-WorldCup

1800-WorldCup Read Nomadic Gatherings - TravelNotes.org/magun

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Aug 5, 2001
    Europe
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  18. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    If this is going to work it better start. I am gone Thursday through Tuesday.

19. frasermc

frasermc Take your flunky and dangle

Celtic
    Scotland
    Jul 28, 2006
    Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Good point. I'll possibly be missing for a lot of next week. Starting from Monday onwards.

20. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sent the PM.

I'm fine with any start date.

21. tarvinodos

tarvinodos Member+

Jul 17, 2008
    Long Beach, CA
    The list of teams was

1) DrJ24
    2) 1-800WC
    3) Ingrom
    4) Hal
    5) vegas
    6) frasermc
    7) tarvindos
    8) ibreak
    9) Eddie
    10) lobo
    11) subb
    12)Cannon

Cannon makes 12. I sent Doctor Jones a pm to do a randomizer. Shall we start 7am PST tomorrow?

22. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    I PM'd both ibreak and Eddie back on 7/31 for their emails so I can set up a league. Haven't heard back yet, so that gives me ten managers with confirmed emails. We can continue to wait for them, or go with a 10 man league.

23. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Here's a reminder of how scoring works for folks to start prepping for the draft.

GOALKEEPERS & DEFENDERS ONLY
    Clean Sheets
    Goals and Assists
    Defence (Total of: Interceptions/Tackles/Blocks)
    Minutes Played
    Points (as per club results).

MIDFIELD PLAYERS & FORWARDS ONLY
    Goals
    Assists
    Successful Passes
    Minutes Played
    Points (as per club results)

There doesn't seem to be any interactive stats page on the league site, so I guess we're all on our own to find how these stats played out last year. That "Defence" category seems like it could be tough to research--time consuming at least.

24. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Ok, since I'm with Hal, he just gave me ibreak and Eddie's email addresses from his All Rocks master contact list, so we're good to go.

I can set up the league and the draft randomizer right now. You should all get invites and a notice of your draft position in the next few minutes.

One thing I wanted to throw out there--Capt. Orange was dead against the auto draft based on a list. Generally I prefer a live one as well, which is why I mentioned in the OP that we'd do a live offline draft.

But with time crunches and with all/most of us also doing live Rocks leagues drafts, might we want to consider the auto one. Give everyone a few days to rank all their players, and then just let the computer sort it out? I've done it with baseball plenty of times and it works fine. Just an idea.

25. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the list draft for the same reason. How long will we have to adjust the list from when the email goes out? Just asking because I think the default is 24 hours which might be tough for some.