Signings over. Best STARTING 11

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Madrid_1902, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    OK will presumably we won't be bringing any more signings in until the summer were a hosts of candidates are being linked to us. However, for now we have to work with what we have got so what will be the best formation and players for Real Madrid.

------------------------------Casillas(of course)--------------------------

Salgado(away games?)-----Woodgate------Ramos------------------Carlos
    Cicinho(home games?)

-------------------------Gravesen/Garcia(rotation policy)-------------------

----------------------------Guti-----------------------------------------

Beckham-------------------------------------------------Cassano/Robinho

----------------------------Zidane/Baptista---------------------------------

---------------------Raul------------------Ronaldo(soldado)-------------

The first names I have mentioned are generally the players of preference although right now I am unsure on Robinho and Cassano. I wouldn't mind moving Ramos into the centre of midfield instead of Grav/Garcia because his talent is arguablly wasted there. We all know he is very versatile although he has looked best in the midfield. I think Gravesen will go soon and I would like to get Raul Garcia from Osasuna who is 10 years younger. Cicinho is another versatile player and looks solid at right back or wing. The only criticism I have is that he leaves us exposed on the counter particualry on away games. Salgado is naturally a better defender and I think we should rotate these 2.
    Raul won't be back for a while but when he does I think he must go back into the team. Ronaldo is so injury prone and Soldado is the one to replace him. Raul is a different type of striker to these 2 who likes to come deep and work from the midfield. Madrid are doing a clever thing in only using Zidane once a week instead of burning him out so he can be swap with Baptista in accordance to the fixture wether it be Champions, league or Copa Del Rey.

Obviously formation will change throughout the season due to injuries or the team we are palying. However, this is my preference when we go out on to the pitch.

2. parshva

parshva New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Mumbai,India
    ur team has got 12 players. i know we hv too many quality players too bench but ... :D

3. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

lol your right. I would put Guti up where I have Zidane and Baptista although Bap would be the last choice.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope our fcking management doesnt play Cassano out of position, check out what happened to baptista and beckham for example he was played DM MC and different position and he still hasnt recovered totally.
    So if we play Cassano let him play as second Striker not as LM or AM

5. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He's not a natural striker. He likes to get wide and come in as opposed to being put through like a Ronaldo or Soldado. It's a very attacking position.

6. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I don't think they'll let us play with 12 players:p
    Raul will play most games where you have Zizou/Julio though even he will have to get used to rotations, I think our first choice line up will be:
    ........................................casillas................................
    cicinho.............ramos........................woody........carlos
    .......................gravesen....................guti.....................
    ...........beckham..................raul..................robinho
    ......................................ronaldo.................................
    BUT I also think there will be a lot of rotation and substitutions so that zizou, cassano, baptista,salgado and helguera will get a lot of playing time.
    This is the team I think we'll put out... not necessarily the one I think we should play!

7. Maki Navaja

Maki Navaja New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Japan
    I'd like to see Robinho get some more time out on the right, where he has looked most dangerous this year (though the last couple games he's looked good on the left, as well, I must admit). Maybe have him and Beckham alternate, with the Brazilian getting a bit more time than golden balls (I can dream anyway). Now that Cassano is here, he can play on the left, alternating with Zidane, who probably won't be able to keep playing virtually every match.

Here are my preferences, with rotations:

.....................................................Casillas........................................
    Salgado/Cicinho..................Helguera + Ramos/Woodgate..............RC/Bravo

.................................Guti/Ramos + Gravesen/Garcia/Helguera...............

Robinho/Beckham/Cicinho...........Raul/Zidane/Baptista.........Zidane/Cassano

....................................Ronaldo/Raul/Soldado/Baptista..........................

8. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    ------------------Casillas------------------
    -------------------------------------------
    -----------Woodgate----Ramos------------
    Cicinho----------------------------------RC
    ------------------García-------------------
    ----------Zidane-----------GutiH-----------
    Beckham----------------------------Robinho
    -------------------Raúl(c)------------------

Subs: Diego López, Pavón, Helguera, Diogo, Gravesen, Baptista, Cassano.

9. ronaldinhobr10

Jan 9, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

ronaldo doesnt even make your bench? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

10. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it for the most part. Garcia out for Gravesen and Becks out for Cassano or Ronaldo. If Ronaldo plays, Robinho on the right and Raul on the left. Becks would be a sucky winger, and Ronaldo not even making your bench :rolleyes:

11. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    tricky, since Madrid are still in the running for three titles, but I'll give it a shot. Taking current form into consideration, and I'm not considering injured players either.

-------------- Casillas --------------
    Cicinho - Helguera - Ramos - R. Carlos
    -------- Gravesen - Guti ------------
    Beckham ------------------- Robinho
    -------------- Zidane ---------------
    ------------- Soldado --------------

Defense: Salgado alternates with Cicinho at RB. Woodgate and Mejia deputise for the CB spots, and Raul Bravo plays Copa del Rey games

Midfield: I prefer two CM's rather than a single DM. Helguera can be moved up here. Balboa can play on the right wing in a true 4-2-3-1. Robinho can play either wide spot.

Attack: Soldado barely edges out Cassano based on current form. However, Soldado and Cassano can play together in a 4-4-2 if need be.

12. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    Wow. I thought you were complimenting Soldado until I read that. :)

I think the best thing is that this is a great discussion for a noticeboard because there is no obvious right answer. We have a lot of quality players, especially in attack, (though not strikers). Maybe we're a little short in the centre of midfield too.

13. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    Well, I was. I'm a fan of Soldado (have been since I saw him on the Asian tour). I think he's a great box player / targetman. He's tenacious, has a decent first touch, and has that killer instinct that a striker should have -- i.e. from the limited service he gets, he's able to convert them into goals. As for Cassano, he's a HUGE talent, probably more so than Soldado, has more experience with first team football, and is a more creative striker. If Cassano plays for Madrid like he did for Roma, he would be my preferred starter. But as it is, until he regains his form, Soldado is it for me.