Sign of the Apocalypse? (spoilers)

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by tigersoccer2005, Nov 6, 2016.

1. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 tigersoccer2005, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    Watching the NYCFC game--they are losing hard and the way things looks right now it seems both NY area teams will be eliminated from the MLS playoffs on the same night!! :cry::(

I was thinking--- it looks like the Eastern Final will be an all-Canadian affair!! :eek::eek:
    Montreal vs Toronto! Think about what that means--one Canadian team is guaranteed a place in MLS Cup! :eek:
    How can this be? What happened to the MLS Canada teams that were lovable losers? I mean i knew these teams had a good season obviously, but somehow i always believed deep inside they would fall in the playoffs. Wasn't that always an unwritten rule?
    It will take some time to adjust to the new reality....:coffee:

2. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I imagine they will get so many red cards in the second game that either team will have to forfeit MLS cup. Last minute bench clearing brawl or something awesome like that!

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I, for one, welcome our new Canadian overlords, and look forward to their socialized medicine.

Gamecock14, bbsbt, Stan Collins and 18 others repped this.
  4. morrissey

morrissey Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 18, 2000
    West Los Angeles, Calif
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anything that goes against the wishes and machinations of the soccer Don is fine by me.

El Naranja, jason1551 and song219 repped this.
  5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be Montreal vs Colorado, in Colorado. Dogs and Cats, living together. For Real.

harrylee773 and Geneva repped this.
  6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You'll love it show up to the doctor and get xrays and ultra sounds for fun.

7. gblfxt

gblfxt Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yah, i don't think anyone will really care, pretty much all fans will be doped up on weed!

8. Tom Ado

Tom Ado Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Would have been intrigued to see a NYCFC-Seattle final for: a) the spectacle of a snow-covered Yankee stadium hosting a December sporting event, b) electric atmosphere with traveling Sounders fans, c) salvageable ratings since the league is hoping to make a big impression on main FOX and d) that embarrassment of a field getting so much attention in the league's marquee match that there'd be no choice but to address NYCFC's stadium situation. But it is what it is. MTL-TOR should be a fun environment if they can pack Olympic Stadium for the first leg. Blessing in disguise for the league's TV deal in Canada, with the TSN contract set to expire.

Fevernova99 repped this.
  9. BrianLBI

BrianLBI BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 7, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If MLS Cup is Toronto vs. Seattle, Toronto hosts, no?

10. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colorado would host vs. either opponent
    Toronto would host vs. Seattle
    Seattle would host vs. Montreal
    Montreal can't host. They had fewer points than every Western Conference playoff team.

All four teams are in areas that could get snow in December.

whiteonrice04 and JasonMa repped this.
  11. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle getting substantial snow is rather rare in December, but a few flakes can happen with a cold front. It's easy to imagine Denver or Toronto being a white-out. The only remaining game in Montreal is sooner, so a good snowstorm is less likely.

JasonMa repped this.
  12. Initial B

Initial B Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Olympic Stadium has a roof. Getting my tickets today. With the historical team hatred in any sport between Toronto and Montreal (not to mention the underlying 250 years of English Canada vs French Canada cultural subtext - 1759 Plains of Abraham and all that), it's gonna be epic. They'll pack 60000 into the Big Owe and 40000 into BMO field (they've installed additional temporary seats for the CFL's Grey Cup that is happening 3 days before the Toronto Leg), I'm envisioning a possible first-time 100,000 combined attendance for an MLS playoff series. :eek::thumbsup:

Never mind Cascadia - you Americans will have to tune in just to see what a *real* rivalry grudge match looks like.

whiteonrice04 and don gagliardi repped this.
  13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd think that but it appears that Denver will likely set a record for latest measurable snowfall this year. Of course, that will happen if we don't get snow by Thanksgiving week, there's still two weeks after that where we could get dumped on.

We will be tuning it to see a real rivalry...on Friday in Columbus. Dos a cero!

sitruc repped this.
  14. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    there may be more fans in the stadiums over two legs than people watching this game on tv in the us on a Tuesday and then a Wednesday night!

Step Over repped this.
  15. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah yes. The Western Conference finals are a renewal of the Weed Bowl.

16. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    How about a big hairy orange goddamn meteor crashing into earth.

jeffclimbs repped this.
  17. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So you mean the present lineup of the Houston Dynamo winning MLS Cup? :p