Siena-Milan [R] 15/09/2007

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by jpick, Sep 13, 2007.

1. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Vs.

[​IMG]

(damn it, the bigger milan logo won't embed, so I had to go with the wimpy one. :()

anyways, thoughts on the match?

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Siena have a decent midfield but their strikers are poor and the defense is leaky. Manninger is a solid keeper but without a good defense he will get scored on.

As long as we neutralize their strikers we should be in control. Let's just hope a striker gets a goal. (Gila?)

3. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, also we get an up close look at grimi, as I felt he did pretty good last game

4. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Roma didn't have it too easy though, admittedly that's what I thought from the highlights, and they only made sure of the result late on. Not too sure how attacking they'll be at home as oppossed to the game away to Roma. On the Grimi side of things though, I thought he was steady but I'm not too sure he takes the right position off the LCB(again going off the highlights so I can't be certain but look out for it).

5. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    fsc is showing the game, but not live... which is kind of a downer since they are showing crappy ass lazio 4 some reason...

6. Spartak

Spartak Member

Nov 6, 1999
    Philly
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The 12pm EST Serie A match will never be shown live this season. The EPL has a 12pm game at the same time and FSC will always choose EPL over Serie A. However, if you don't wanna wait until 4:30pm to watch the match Fox Sports en Espanol will be showing the game at 1pm EST(1 hour delay).

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i read that kaka won't be back until today from his intercontinental trip to the us, so he might not be available for the siena match, or at least might not start. also, gourcuff picked up a knock in the u21 match, does anyone know how serious it is?

If those two both can't play, with no ronaldo, and the fact that gila-inzaghi is a dreadful combo, then I have no clue what formation will be employed and who will be in it.

8. BobanFan

BobanFan Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's not been called up according to the official website and there's no Pirlo as well, but Gourcuff is in there. Guess we're just going to have to wait and see what they decide to do.

http://www.acmilan.com/index.aspx

9. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah, i was just coming to post that actually.
    also no oddo.

so i guess something like

dida

cafu/bonera---nesta----kaladze----janks

gattuso---emerson----ambrosini/brocchi

-----seedorf-----gourcuff

----------gila

or something along those lines, depending on how ambrosini feels given he played both azzurri matches and expended a lot of energy, so he might not be fully ready to go 90, and neither might emerson, as he might no be ready. could look to play bonera or simic in the center, kaladze out left, and move janks forward to midfield late in the game if need be, but definitely handcuffed for this one, which considering they will be hungry and it is on the road does not add up all that greatly in our favor.

10. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep14g.html

this line-up i don't like at all. a 4-4-2 with no pace to stretch the defense vertically, bonera who doesn't go forward as much or as well as oddo, hence less width, no deep playmaker to pull the strings, only one forward-lying playmaker with no creative strikers, and then 2 strikers who run into each other and don't play well together. If siena is organized and comes out with a lot of energy from their fans, this game will be tough to win. i still don't know if gourcuff is fully fit, but if he is i would much rather he go in and we play the 4-5-1. if he isn't fit, then i guess we have no choice given the other players, but to play 4-4-2 with the duo of gila-inzaghi which was amazingly unproductive when fielded together last year.

11. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Yep, no Kaka or Pirlo - it's almost difficult to see how we will create anything decent without those two. I guees Seedorf and Jankulowski will have to step up as we as...drum rolls please...

Gilardino.

I mean if not now when else? It will be a tough match and if we get a 1-0 win, I would be very pleased.

12. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im hoping gourcuff will recover and be able to play...

this is a perfect chance for him to show his worth and work his way into ancelotti's plans..

agree with ya on the gila bit, odessit19... if not now then when...

13. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Or you can get a little creative and sub to Bell Express Vu. Fox Sports World Canada is showing the game live as well as RAI. Very good option to have this satellite as Milan's CL game this week will not be on ESPN TV but TLN in Canada more than likely will be showing this game live. This channel always caters to Milan in the CL.

14. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Yeah, RAI will be showing it live for anyone in Canada.

Overall.. this is shaping up to be a pretty difficult match for us considering that we have quite a few key players out.

15. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    does anyone have a good stream for the game ?

16. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no, there seem to be tv rights problems or something according to myp2p.eu and the links from livefooty.org aren't working for me.
    here, see if you can have luck with this

http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com/sat15.9/Siena_Milan2.html

just install pcast where it says to do so, and use IE, as this site doesn't run on firefox. It is loading for me, but hopefully in the next minute or so it loads, or else i will have to watch on delay at 4:30

edit: it works, even though it is in chinese, just takes like 4 minutes to buffer, but is clear.

17. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Wow!
    Great start by Milan, two very close chances in the first minute.

18. IOwnBuffon@Keeping

IOwnBuffon@Keeping New Member

May 27, 2006
    melbourne
    dam i wanna watch the game but theres no stream!!!

:mad:

19. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    same here... let me know if anything works.. ill do the same

20. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    The lineup seems to be:

Dida
    Cafu - Nesta - Kaladze - Favalli
    Brocchi - Gattuso - Emerson
    Gourcuff - Seedorf
    Gilardino

21. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i like that gourcuff is playing..

22. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    if you go to the site above, it works well for me, and is a clear picture and smooth.

23. IOwnBuffon@Keeping

IOwnBuffon@Keeping New Member

May 27, 2006
    melbourne
    thx jpick! buffering now!

:)

rept :D

24. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    we're playing some good football, and siena is dropping deep, but the end product is not there right now. nesta is pushing far forward, as siena is really deep and trying to hit on the counter it seems.

25. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    Siena just scored.
    Dida flubs the ball and Maccarone scores.