Siena - AC Milan [R] 5/19/13 - 38a Giornata

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Kqql, May 12, 2013.

1. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    that referee was absolutely horrible. it was 3 more points though... just like they have come all season. ugly wins count the same as 5-1 wins right?

gcstorm9 and Rossonero23 repped this.
  2. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too close. Good thing I was half in the bag. I will entertain all bets on Milan winning Serie A and/or CL. Send them my way.

3. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    the ref was terrible. if i were a fiorentina fan, i would be absolutely pissed. we didn't deserve this win in my opinion. the penalty we received was soft and their red card was also very soft. the team didn't come out with the right attitude this game

Kqql repped this.
  4. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The benching of Pazzini and SES in a game we needed to win for Robinho and Niang had to be have been the worst Allegri decision I've ever seen. In a game where we needed goals, to leave our 2/3rd best options for a guy whos leavin and a kid is ridiculous. That and the fact we had no backup midfielders except Traore scared me. Ambro is old and bound to get burned or hurt or tired at the end while Montolivo just came back from the injury. Why do you need 2 DMs vs Siena is beyond me. Adapt to the game and change tactics/formation. Allegri should already be gone and if not, than today sealed his fate.

The game sucked. We got unlucky on our chances. Our passes sucked. We started off too lackluster ed and no intensity. Their goalie did awesome and they capitalized on attack. BTW, wtf is wrong with out defense? Why can't they defend set pieces. The red for Ambro was dumb. The red for the Siena guy was dumb. The ref was bad. The PK for Milan was debatable. Soft sure, but the guy came over Balo and he went down and the ref saw that. Replays show both are fighting but whatever, we got lucky. Mexes goal was just awesome. I celebrated with fam like we just won the WC. This team with a few additions can be a force in the CL/Serie A. IF we lost today and didn't qualify I could see selling a few "stars". However, with the 3 pts, I imagine a quality team next year.

3rd place was our goal. Balance the books, Qualify for CL and set the team up with experience for the new cycle. Today wasn't pretty by a long shot, but it was nothing less than a roller coaster. Just like our season. Many highs, many lows, but at least we ended on a high note. Forza Milan!

Kqql, kickball21, Rossonero23 and 2 others repped this.
  5. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    During the half time show the pundits were speculating, or at least suggesting, that perhaps Allegri was certainly moving on and lined up a weak squad to piss of Berlusconi.

I don't get it either, you go out for blood early, not late.

Especially Robinho, who couldn't make one, not even an easy one. Please, if any team offers even close to $10M for this guy, take it and run!

Galliani looked like he almost had a heart attack when Mexes scored. I bet the lost revenues from CL would be coming out of his pocket if Milan didn't get third, lol.

6. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I thought all sending offs were soft, and the ref had his whistle to mouth far too often. Balo went down easily, no doubt, there was the jersey tug which was stupid from the defender tho.

7. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We made it to the bar in time for both reds. Watched a little that we missed when we got home. Long day. Don't remember much from it, but two terrible reds, Mario staying 100%, and Mexes saving the day. I'll take it.

8. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i agree with gstorm though, allegri needs to move on. in a must-win situation against already relegated siena he needed all the luck in the world. this should have been a relatively easy 3 points. the team played aweful and allegri's decisions were part of the reason. i'm glad this season is over and hopefully the next will be better, and i think it will be

gcstorm9 repped this.
  9. canzano55

canzano55 Member+

Jun 23, 2003
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Good writeup gcstorm.

I was golfing all weekend and I missed this one but I had a feeling it was a game I wasn't going to enjoy with some predictable added controvery to boot.

Fiorentina was an enjoyable team to watch this season and I feel for their fanbase and understand if they despise us now as a result. However, with that said, not to lump Fiorentina in the Europa League "underachiever group" - but if Serie A teams actually performed in Europe's second tier league then Fiorentina would be slotted to play in a Champions League qualifier.

As a Milan fan I'm just happy the season is over and looking forward to never seeing a start to the season like we had this year ever again.

gcstorm9, Rossonero23 and stphnsn repped this.
  10. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Milan got robbed in the last game vs them, so I don't feel so bad.

Rossonero23 repped this.
  11. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan

12. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I heard such as Allegri benched SES because Berlusconi said SES should play and Allegri benched him in spite. That makes 0 sense tbh tho. Why piss off the owner by defying him on purpose. That's signing your own pink slip. AND why how could he answer that question to other potential owners/GMs who tried to hire him. IF we lost, how can he legitimately defend his actions of benching SES/Pazzini and starting Robinho/Niang?

That being said, we SHOULD have won vs Siena with this team easily. We had all the motivation in the world to secure a CL spot while their fates were already set in relegation zone. The fact that we didn't was disappointing to see. While I enjoy the players on this team, some of them it looks as if they are complacent and lack the "drive" of the greats of previous Milan or other teams. They are young, and they are good, but they haven't won anything...yet. Other teams would bury their opponents into the ground. Bayern,Barcelona,Man Utd and even Juve all showed excellence. They didn't lose or tie the lower tier teams, but went out every week and destroyed opponents. We lack that killer instinct. I think it starts at the top with the coach who infuses the team with motivation and tactics. When you come out slow and defensive, the game is difficult. Sure we didn't lose a league game in this calendar year, but we didn't exactly look great all the time. We showed glimpses of brilliance throughout the year and grew as a team yet didn't have that killer instinct. Maybe I'm gonna sound weird, but I think Mourinho can bring us back to being one of the greats of Europe. We have quality players now and with a few more reinforcements we can be a top team. Hire Mourinho, bring the old veterans back to Milan and let them coach Primavera/youth teams and learn from Mourinho. He is a master tactical technician and great motivator. If he can teach those traits to that of Inzaghi/Seedorf/Gattuso/MVB than we can have his heir so in 2-3 years can take over. Just my $.02 tho

13. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Mmmhmm...

14. GMangs

GMangs Red Card

Apr 21, 2012
    NJ
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Should have been a five game suspension. Vicious. You borrow Dante's Juve Vision?

15. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    The ref gave you two penalties, dry your tears.

16. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    You guys were the ones crying about that match. Not I.

17. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    That was what they were talking about during the half on Rai. Then they extrapolated that to mean that Allegri was going.

What it proved is that the bench is not that deep and we'll need more depth to do better next season.

Those teams all have better benches, which is necessary to go deep in two competitions. Milan needs a deeper bench, but we're in the middle of a rebuilding phase, so it may take a few years.

Mourinho can only do that with a team full of money and depth players in all positions. None of those guys (Mourinho, Ancelotti, Pep etc) are going to risk it by going to a team that is rebuilding and on a budget. There's no way. They built their reputation up and will demand resources (da monies as GC was famous for saying) to get the players they need.

Mourinho is good tactician, not a master. He buys players, mostly, to fit his system, not really any longer adapting a system to the players he has been given. It's obviously because he goes to team with resources to buy buy buy, which allows him to do that. He's a great motivator, and he develops good relationships with his players such that he can be their friends and still maintain authority. That's his best asset.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  18. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    38a Giornata
    RECAP -> Siena 1 - AC Milan 2

Goals:
    1-0 Terzi @ 26" (Assist Rosina)
    1-1 Balotelli @ 84" (P.K)
    1-2 Mexes @ 87"
    1st half highlights

2nd half highlights

kickball21 and Rossonero23 repped this.
  19. Kqql

Kqql Member

Sep 22, 2003
    2012/2013 Serie A @ 38a Giornata (3rd place)
    -> GF = 67 / GA = 39

@ Home: 13W/2D/4L + @ Away: 8W/7D/4L -> 72 pts
    1a - 19a Giornata ________ 20a - 38a Giornata

AC Milan 0 - Sampdoria 1 ____ Sampdoria 0 - AC Milan 0
    Bologna 1 - AC Milan 3 ______ AC Milan 2 - Bologna 1
    AC Milan 0 - Atalanta 1 _____ Atalanta 0 - AC Milan 1
    Udinese 2 - AC Milan 1 ______ AC Milan 2 - Udinese 1
    AC Milan 2 - Cagliari 0 _____ Cagliari 1 - AC Milan 1
    Parma 1 - AC Milan 1 ________ AC Milan 2 - Parma 1
    AC Milan 0 - Inter 1 ________ Inter 1 - AC Milan 1
    Lazio 3 - AC Milan 2 ________ AC Milan 3 - Lazio 0
    AC Milan 1 - Genoa 0 ________ Genoa 0 - AC Milan 2
    Palermo 2 - AC Milan 2 ______ AC Milan 2 - Palermo 0
    AC Milan 5 - Chievo 1 _______ Chievo 0 - AC Milan 1
    AC Milan 1 - Fiorentina 3 ___ Fiorentina 2 - AC Milan 2
    Napoli 2 - AC Milan 2 _______ AC Milan 1 - Napoli 1
    AC Milan 1 - Juventus 0 _____ Juventus 1 - AC Milan 0
    Catania 1 - AC Milan 3 ______ AC Milan 4 - Catania 2
    Torino 2 - AC Milan 4 _______ AC Milan 1 - Torino 0
    AC Milan 4 - Pescara 1 ______ Pescara 0 - AC Milan 4
    Roma 4 - AC Milan 2 _________ AC Milan 0 - Roma 0
    AC Milan 2 - Siena 1 ________ Siena 1 - AC Milan 2​
    Player - Goals
    El Shaarawy 16
    Pazzini 15(3P.K)
    Balotelli 12(6P.K)
    Montolivo 4, Flamini 4
    Bojan 3
    Robinho 2(1P.K), Boateng 2, Nocerino 2
    Emanuelson 1, Muntari 1, De Jong 1, Mexes 1
    Jonathas (o.g), Abbruscato (o.g), Paletta (o.g)
    Player - Assists
    Robinho 5
    El Shaarawy 4, Boateng 4
    Pazzini 3, Emanuelson 3
    Bojan 2, Montolivo 2, Abate 2, De Sciglio 2, Mexes 2
    Pato 1, Niang 1, Ambrosini 1, Nocerino 1, Constant 1, Zapata 1, Flamini 1​

.​

Rossonero23 repped this.