Sids Poll. Or, What? Us? Bitter?

Discussion in 'Reading FC' started by mschofield, Aug 10, 2007.

1. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Where does he rate at Chels, esp given the comments noted in the thread I tried to attach this to.
    My guess, very, very low. IMO, he's left an everyday role to become Sam Sodje, or, if he's very, very lucky, John Oster.

But what do you all think.

2. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wanted to vote, but couldn't find the, "I hope he rots in the Russian's benchwarming hell and comes crawling back on his hands and knees begging Copps to take him back mid-season, but I'm not bitter" poll option. :D

3. rms5555

rms5555 Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Eastpointe, MI
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I voted 8-12, but if the question was how many Prem/CL starts he would get. I would have voted 0-2. The best thing for Sid's right now is Essien. Essien will be out of the lineup for about a month with the African Cup, but also Jose likes to use him back in Terry's spot when he's hurt.

4. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went with 3-7. I'd probably have gone with 0-2 if Ballack leaving wasn't still a possibility.

5. Katsbox

Katsbox New Member

Jan 17, 2005
    LBC
    Yeah, 3-7 in all competitions. I wonder if that's what he thought to himself when he left Reading: "1 start every other month, I can live with that." Even with getting his paycheck every week, I don't know how he deals with that.

I don't how it works... could he get loaned out? And does he still get is regular salary if he does?

6. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, he gets his salary if loaned out. Chels has to pay him the 40k a week, no matter where they park him.
    I think if he gets loaned, it's soon. Clearly, he's there as cover for the month of the AfCoN. It's during that period I'd expect him to have a chance of getting on the field in an actual prem match. A chance, not a good bet. He gets a run out in the Carling Cup, and that's it, IMO. His problem now, as far as i can see, is that he's not the sort of player who impresses during a short spell on the field, his worth is more cumulative. He is a steadying influence. But not sure that comes out in late sub appearances. and his starts...well, that's why i went with zero -2.:mad:

I mean, he's a nice player, but not on a SWP level. And how often does SWP play? I guess if Robben was actually sold (haven't checked) more often, but he's still not a regular starter.

7. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sidwell gets his first appearance. Comes on for the last 10 minutes or so against Birmingham.

8. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

:eek: Okay, so I am mostly just bitter...

9. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah, but given the vast improvement after he was taken off, it might be a while before number two.

11. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. mschofield

mschofield Member+

May 16, 2000
    Berlin
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can anyone see this happening? From a Reading perspective, I'm fine with it. and hell, he will be healthy (certainly not injured from playing too much). But from Sids perspective, it was a big deal of heading off to bigger and better things. I can see him agreeing to head out on loan to a lot of places, but it would seem that agreeing to Reading would be an admission that he's not up to bigger and better.
    I would love to have him back, though.:(

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would be like moving back home with your parents after graduating college.

14. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States