Shrek DVD marathon [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Nov 29, 2004.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This past weekend I had watched the following in order (all in Widescreen, of course ;) ):

• Shrek
    • Shrek 3D (yes, 3D glasses are included)
    • Shrek 2

(The [R] in the title is for those who still may not have seen some or all of the Shrek movies... after all, before this marathon, I'd only seen the first Shrek)

If you like the Shrek movies but haven't seen them back-to-back, you should. :D

The "Far Far Away Idol" segment on the Shrek 2 DVD (which takes place right after the movie ends) that has Shrek, Fiona and Simon Cowell judging the other characters singing (though you ultimately get to choose who wins) is also pretty funny. :)

-G

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I though Shrek 2 was average and never got it on DVD. the first one is classic, though.

3. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shrek > Shrek 2, most definitely.

4. DoctorD

DoctorD Member+

Sep 29, 2002
    MidAtlantic
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Shrek 2 > Shrek at my family. And lots of little details that you can only see by rewatching the DVD (i.e. - color of the King's bedroom)

5. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I saw this set at Sam's Club and would have bought it had I not already owned 1 and 2. 3D is hilarious. But much better when seen at its theater at Universal Studios.

6. ProfZodiac

ProfZodiac Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 17, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Soundtrack to one is far and away better than two. I'd probably say the movies were about even in comedy, one was better in plot.