Showcasing our talent to the world: this season's best goals from the A-League (2008-2009)

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by cmedina1983, Dec 24, 2008.

1. cmedina1983

cmedina1983 New Member

Nov 14, 2008
    California
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hopefully this thread will remain here instead of being shipped off to the Australian section. I'd like to show the world the talent we possess in Australia, in our top flight; talent that's brimming, even though football isn't the premier sporting code (yet)...

[youtube]UQN3rPs2OAw[/youtube]

2. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Meh. It's a decent video, I suppose. To be honest though, you could do the same with the most obscure league in the world, such is the random nature of long range strikes.

3. Leeds92

Leeds92 New Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    As a fan of the A-leauge and an attendee of Melbourne Victory games (season ticket holder from day one) whilst I think that the league is a massive step up from the past, partly due to the requirements of younger players being involved as well as the incentive for some older experienced players being brought back (Muscat, Moore, Aloisi) I still think we have a long way to go.

As I have said in other posts the crowds, atmosphere and enjoyment would compete with many other of the top leagues. Victory attendance alone is better than some Championship league teams.

From a skilll perspective I find that too many players try to hold the ball far to long (eg: Thompson) rather than take a shot or pass it off. Once teams start to move the ball faster around the ground I think things will pick up.

As an example of where I think we are Melbourne played a Juventus "C" grade team full of younger players against the best Melbourne line up. This "C" grade team played them off the park to win 4-1. Might have only been a friendly but how would we have gone against an "A" Juventus team in a match the counted???