Shout out to the Cauldron ...

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by NorthbankHighbury, May 23, 2009.

1. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    .... you guys sounded great from the Berm tonight!

2. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks, I thought the Cauldron was in very good form tonight. Still a lot of folks in there not participating, but they were more than made up for by all the rest. I had a blast.

Props to everyone for the effort put in!

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was pleasantly surprised by the section tonight, considering last time without Ben leading we struggled, and this time without Ben and Justice I thought would be worse, but Jeff stepped up tonight very well to lead the section, major props to you Jeff.

4. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Thank you sir, I thought we were pretty darn good tonight. I had a lot of help from Stephen on the drums and the other Stephen down in front, Brian too. Fantastic goal from Claudio, with us singing pretty loudly right before - nothing better. I think the team got pumped up playing towards our end.

I can't complain too much about people not singing. We pretty much had something going for about 89 of 90 minutes tonight, and more people jumping with certain songs. My voice is going to be a bit sore tomorrow, and I'm sure it's not just me.

5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kudos to Jeff -- great effort.

My only minor constructive criticism was the drum solo/instrumentals early in the first half -- led by the argentinians??? -- It killed a number of chants that were trying to start up.

Lucinda got to start her first chant ever and it caught on, that was my highlight :D

6. turkas

turkas New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Lawrence
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Overall I think it was probably out best effort this season. Like everyone has already stated it never really died down during the game and it was electric for most of the match. Jeff you did a fantastic job leading the section last night.

7. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    The nice thing about the drums is that they can give our voices a break for a bit. It can make it harder to hear each other though. There's still a lot of regulars that we need to get more involved. Met a guy named Sindin? I think - looks a lot like Chris Brown. He was helping on the left side, and it looked like the front left were rocking as usual. I think if we can get to know a few more of the people who stand higher up - we'll get more help in what we're trying to do.

8. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Honeslty it helped that the stadium was jammed full last night, I have been in the Cauldron a few times and from up there it sounds silent when folk are not singing. From the Berm we get the Cauldron and the peripheral noise from the sides and the Berm itself -- the place had a bit of a buzz to it and you could hear the fans in the seats reacting to the game for once. Also thought just keeping it simple really helped -- oooooh kc wiz, kc wiz, kc wiz, kc wiz ringing out for minutes at a time and frequently and fans around the sound join in a bit -- get in your head :)

Without the density of fans you probably wont ever hear those voices from the cauldron but if you can keep on the same path it will build and pay dividends in the new stadium.

9. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guy's.
    Although I didn't watch your match against Chivas last
    night because I was watching DC vs RSL.
    I did see the highlites and was impressed with the crowd
    and the Cauldron. The Cauldron looks great when one
    of the Wizard's scores a goal. You guy's all seem to wear
    Wizard's jersey's and have a fair amount of flag's and
    banners.

Keep up the good work.

10. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the kudos, G Enriquez. We've been working hard over the last few seasons to improve our footprint, and it seems to working.

Nice work everyone in the Cauldron!!

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    BTW, funny drive home after the game on Saturday. My 13 year old daughter and her two friends asked me to explain the "going down like a Tijuana whore chant"

Thanks guys. Thanks a lot! ;) :D

12. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Cauldron: It's not just fun, it's educational. :)

13. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    well you see the whores from Tijuana drink a whole bunch so they lose their balance and fall down a lot. You know kinda like when 3 different guys are spinning you on the merry-go-round.:):eek:

14. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We got there late - my Mom's 89th Birthday dinner, so the 4 of us stood in the back of the Cauldron. The Cauldron had the only available "seats." We stood in a place for 3 - cozy, but my son and his girl friend didn't seem to mind.

Great game atmosphere!

15. NorthbankHighbury

Jan 25, 2009
    Liberty, MO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In the face of a superior amount of fans who can make more noise volume wise ......... or if you just fancy being balls out partisans ...

Pick a staple song, NEVER stop singing it and you will take over sooner or later. West Ham United were complete and utter masters at this. Singing the same damned song on the road for over an hour and eventually they would take over any stadium with the noise they wanted. You don't stop for goals conceded, you don't stop for fouls, you JUST DO NOT STOP. Unconditional support.

I'd love to see the Cauldron try this with the “Oooooooo KC Wiz” song sometime, that just rings out across CAB nicely – its simple and catchy and it kind gets stuck in your head.

It can work magic at bringing in the casuals as well, they just wind up taking part....

16. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Yeah we were kind of mediocre in the face of 10-1 against at home. I don't know if we'll ever be able to do one song for an hour, but we should try and get our staples to go longer. I'll try to be conscious of it next week.