Should the "rich" pay their fair share? Let's start with Teresa first...

Discussion in 'Elections' started by Karl K, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    I don't begrudge anyone paying as little as possible even Tuhraysuh. I just wish I could get away with paying that percentage. For all you undecideds out there: Support the Kerry tax rate!

2. heybeerman

heybeerman Member

Aug 2, 2001
    Chicago Burbs
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    You show no respect for other posters and thats wrong. If you want any respect than you have to show some.

You're completely entitled to your views, but you repeatidly act in a vile and condescending manner, like your viewpoint is the only one that matters and that the rest of us are idiots for not agreeing with you.

3. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can. Incorporate yourself and make your money on investments.

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: No, its not. All Kerry says is "roll back the tax cuts". And we should. Those tax cuts have no effect on the marginal willingness of people to work for an extra dollar. 35% to 39.6% makes no difference to someone slaving away at the office. This would be a way to tax the richer people in the country. Its not demagogy.

5. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    All is this is just rhetoric. If the shoe was on the other foot.e.g. if Lynne Cheney did the same thing, I'm sure that the Dem lovers on here would be blasting her for it. And people like Karl and Ian would be defending her. But the politicians are all hypocrites and liers. And we're just as guilty for being hypocrites too. Come on admit it.

But in the whole scheme of things it doesnt really matter if Theresa Heinze tried to save money on taxes. Good for her. Don't we all?

BTW, when Kerry says "roll back the tax cuts", what he really means is "increase taxes".

6. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Heh. Technically, he's not. The tax cuts have a sunset provision. He's just taking away a tax credit earlier than expected.

7. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    So then these people will be paying less taxes because its not a tax increase?

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not my taxes.

9. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump.

10. coachklowco

coachklowco New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Newark Ohio
    The problem here is that a lot of really good organizations do get their money just because of this. I don't think that Theresa would give any less. She has been pretty giving with her money for awhile. I don't like people giving money to charities just because it is a tax break, but I would be more disappointed in watching some good organizations fall apart due to lack of funding.

Oh come on say it already. Would you have been just as upset if Kerry or Edwards said 'Liz Cheney, who is straight, is so by...'?

11. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I needed a laugh today so I read this thread.

12. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    If Kerry does nothing, and the taxes expire, how can you call that a "tax increase"?

13. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    BTW, increasing the deficit is a guaranteed future tax increase.

14. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Nov 24, 1999
    Tianjin, China
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karl why do you feel that you should keep everything you earn and give nothing back to the government that allows you to live in the greatest country on the planet? I for one have no problem paying taxes and would not care for one second if the tax rate went up for me as long as I was a citizen of this country.

15. Smurfquake

Smurfquake Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2000
    San Carlos, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But at the same time, I don't want my taxes increased so that the government can buy matching gold-plated Rolls Royces for every congresscritter and their spouse. I have no objection to paying taxes as long as spending is under control.

Yeah, I'm much more upset about the deficit that Bush has run up while cutting taxes for really rich people.

16. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The sexual preferences of a "professional lesbian" making $100,000 a year running Dick Cheney's campaign isn't fair game?

Huh.

17. shwantzme

shwantzme Member

Jul 11, 2003
    The Old Dominion
    Except for the fact that it isn't the parent's choice as to whther or not their kid joins the miltary. You can't send your sopn/daughter to war. They make that choice for themselves.