Should the OT stand or should it go the way of the shoot-out?

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by InWoodbridge, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Napoli_Ultra

Napoli_Ultra Member

Jun 9, 1999
    Lorton VA
    Club:
    DC United
    A DC United fan here who likes the Golden Goal OT rule in MLS.

2. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's very funny, since your team can hardly get to the MLS playoffs. :rolleyes:

Why is everybody who likes soccer played the way it's played everywhere else always labelled a "snob"? I mean, look at International basketball, with it's short 3-point line and all the other stuff. Anybody raised on the NBA would find it a bit strange and disappointing, which is how these "snobs" react to our young league. (I was trying to think of a rule that would make football or baseball worse, but they are already too far gone...).

Whatever the good intentions of OT (encourage playing for wins) I just don't like it, but like I've said before, it's in it's most harmless form now and that's fine. Just don't call me a snob because I like to watch good football.

InWoodbridge: Good point about prevent defense. DC United lately have been the example of "how not to play for a draw"...

3. DavidP

DavidP Member

Mar 21, 1999
    Powder Springs, GA
    Because it doesn't stop just with the rules. Personally, I'd like to see MLS drop OT except for the playoffs, then make it two 5 minute halves of sudden death,with PK's at the end if the game's still tied.

[/B][/QUOTE]
    Just don't call me a snob because I like to watch good football.[/B][/QUOTE]

I take it you're not a Falcons fan, eh? :D