Should the Lamar Hunt US Open Cup has a title sponsor?

Discussion in 'US Open Cup' started by pc4th, Jul 2, 2009.

1. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have a copy of this document?

Or where we can get this document? is it on the USSF site?

It would be great to find out how much the USSF makes each year and how much it put back into grass root development.

Anyone that want to find out about the English FA (their revenue, expenses, purpose, tv rights deals etc...), I would recommend this link:

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/07/what-is-point-of-football-association.html
    What Is The Point Of The Football Association?

Here's a tidbit:

2. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's apparently not doable. More precisely, it hasn't been done, so until it is, it seems to live in the land of You're Deluding Yourself.

11 years on, Crew Stadium doesn't have a naming rights sponsor. Dallas Cowboys Stadium doesn't have a naming rights sponsor. The new Jets and Giants stadium doesn't have a naming rights sponsor. I don't know if you've noticed while you've been busy starting stupidass polls, but
    ( a) It's kind of a tepid climate for these sorts of things; and
    ( b) Honestly, very few people give F*** One about the US Open Cup. A big crowd in Seattle for the final will probably keep 2010 from being the lowest-attended tournament of the modern era, but if we could please be honest about what we have here and its limited appeal, that would be useful.

Also, if you would stop living in fantasyland about financial issues, that would be good, too. Your back of the envelope calculations about things are laughable. And we get that you love the Open Cup and would rather sponsor that than an MLS team's shirt. Which is one reason you're not in charge of making grownup decisions like that.

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you not have the Googles where you live?

US Soccer Financial Information.

Short answer: US Soccer has, apparently, lots of money, And, also apparently, spent $423,748 in fiscal '09 on the US Open Cup. Which is, I'm sure, part of the equation as to why it's not particularly well-attended, but not the only part of the equation.

But unless you're on the Board of Directors, you aren't going to decide how they spend that money. You're unlikely to change their minds and get them to throw lots of money behind a tournament that, quite frankly, is more of a nuisance to them (apparently) than anything else.

4. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to mention Dallas, NE, Colorado, and Philly don't have jersey sponsors and the minimum for those is 500K a year. I think its fairly obvious that a jersey sponsor would provide more visibility than the USOC right now, so the idea of getting a 500K sponsor for the USOC when the teams can't even get 500K jersey sponsors is a bit of a stretch.

5. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    So I guess asking Amtrak to be the title sponsor is out of the question. :D

Will Run and Hide now. ;)