Should the Burn rebrand when the new stadium is built?

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Knave, Oct 27, 2003.

1. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been calling for that logo to become the REAL one since I first saw it...maybe change the Burn in the logo to Dallas or don't have either, but if that were to become the new logo it'd keep the tradition while adding a touch of class...its great, and maybe you COULD add gold to the colors...

black, red and gold...

2. futuregrace

futuregrace Member

Feb 23, 2002
    Manhattan, Kansas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know Gold is one of our colors, I meant using Gold more than we do.

Also I have only this past year moved to Dallas and become a fan of the team. I want to buy some fan stuff, I have a jersey, but I would like to get a scarf and shirt and all sorts of stuff, but not knowing whether we are rebranding or not makes me wait, so if anyone at the Burn offices reads this make a statement one way or the other soon as to whether we are rebranding or going to keep with our current brand.

However I love that logo and hope we just change to that.

3. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Now that is not too bad.

1. Has the year the team was established.

2. Instead of having a fire breathing horse thrown onto the jersey, it at least looks slightly respectable by being inside a crest.

3. Colors were not too bad.

4. Justin O

Justin O Member+

Seattle Sounders
    United States
    Nov 30, 1998
    on the run from the covid
    Club:
    Seattle
    Re: Pots and Kettles and Black, oh my!

OK smart guy..what the hell do the Sounders have to do with anything I said? What makes you think you have ANY IDEA what my opinion is of the name "Sounders"? Here's a hint...YOU DON'T. Given that I said nothing about the name in my posts, I would think that you would have the sense not make assumptions about my opinion. Or where you come from, do people pick their favorite teams based on their name? (Here's another hint..I don't)

So take your smart ass "intellectual honesty" comments to another irrelevant, incoherent response to someone else in some other thread.

Actually, I am aware it gets hot in Texas in the summer. That just doesn't suddenly make me like the name, much like I wouldn't like the name "The Suck" for a Cleveland team even though it sucks in Cleveland.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    since when?

6. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. I just went to the Scalke 04 website and read the team history.

And I bet a good % of all current teams went thru some major name / color changes in their early years.

Again, and I am speaking generically here, if something stinks, fix it. Don't just stick with it 'cause people are used to it.