Should Salgado, 30 continue to become first-team action?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MlLoh398075, Jul 11, 2005.

1. MlLoh398075

MlLoh398075 New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    Should Salgado, 30 still continue to become first-team action?

Could he really play a successful RD role last season? Who can effectively replace him to play better than him? Could RM prepare to sign another great RD for this coming reason if no anyone is a suitable great RD in the team? Besides, I doubt that his old age, 30 can still mark the opponent's forwards closely this season.

2. Brannigan

Brannigan New Member

May 17, 2005
    La Coruña
    Yes, he did a great season, both with Madrid and Spain's NT. Actually, he's the best RB in Spain. Anyway, Diogo can play RB if necessary. And Sergio Ramos too, if we sign him.

3. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    salgado has maybe 2 years left in the tank, but he was quite good at his position. i would not be so quick to call out salgado and while on the topic r.carlos, as they are both competent in their positions and still quite good.

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He is at his prime!!!!

5. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I think signing Diogo is great news for Salgado as he will now get some much needed rest - assuming Diogo is all he is said to be. The starting job is Salgado's job to lose.

Hala Madrid

6. tom10

tom10 New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Salgado should be given the first team choice.Because he is putting his heart and soul into the game.Then, we have the young Argentina rightback Palencia being developed in Realmadrid yougth ranks who is 18 years but very good at his position.He is the outstanding RB in Realmadrid-B team.He can be the best substitute foe Salgado.Just they have to give him some chances to play during matchs to get experience .By doing this he will be fully ready when the time comes to replace Salgado.