Should Patrick Vieira,29 be signed?

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MlLoh398075, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MlLoh398075

MlLoh398075 New Member

Jul 7, 2005
    If RM signs him, I initially would like to know how many times he missed the match last season. Is he worth for RM? How will Lux arrange his position? I wonder if he will be on the substitutes' bench next season.

2. Beasley4Madrid

Beasley4Madrid New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Richmond, VA, USA
    Vieira is a great player but Real does not need him. They need to be shelling cash out for an AM and a CB and possibly a LM or winger not for a holding mid. Didn't they sign Garcia? Gravesen is good enough. Vieira is a very complete midfielder but Madrid is good enough at his position. There are much more pressing needs than Vieira, namely Robinho and Rio

3. Bernabeu

Bernabeu Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Madrid, España
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Look, let's put it like this. This burned team needs a completely new midfield and attack, meaning 5-6 players.

The least important is the defense. We were european champions with Ivan Campo and Karanka, and Raúl Bravo and Pavón didn't do worse than others with bigger names.

The important positions are the midfield and the attack. AC Milan has just signed Vieri, 32, for two seasons. Makelele was 30 when he signed for Chelsea and still has yield excellent results.

Yes, I would sign Vieira and many others. Not now, but three years ago. Better later than never. Whatever but letting things this way.

4. parshva

parshva New Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Mumbai,India
    do u mean it :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

5. gazzad_5

gazzad_5 Member

Jan 19, 2004
    i no
    this guy gets worse and worse. you do realise we finished fourth with this pairing dont you bernabeu and now we have finished 2nd, best defense record for years!

6. Beasley4Madrid

Beasley4Madrid New Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Richmond, VA, USA
    What are you smokin on man?!!? Vieira is a holding mid which we are covered at with Gravesen, Garcia, and Helguera. You talk about getting players for the attack, Vieira is a great two-way player but he's not gonna yield a bunch of goals. I agree with you some players need to be replaced or reevaluated (Zidane, Beckham, Raul, Figo, R. Carlos), but some of these guys can benefit the team for a a year or two longer. I don't get to watch Madrid as much as I'd like to but Luxa needs to go after young playmakers and wingers (Robinho, Joaquin or even Ljungberg) or they should buy Totti or maybe Ballack although I don't see him filling in at AM for Real. Regardless, a replacement for Zidane and R. Carlos must be found in the next year, Beckham needs to go, a striker will be needed in the next two years, Raul must earn his starting job or else hit the subs bench, a CB is needed for depth or a starting role (It ain't all about attacking Bernabeu, with a defense like the one a couple of years ago of Bravo and Pavon you'd get straight up torched by Barca's present team), and Real must get dangerous wingers. Hala Madrid!

7. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    No, he should not be signed.

Hala Madrid

8. Los_Merengues

Los_Merengues Red Card

Jul 6, 2005
  9. Adrian Cocot

Adrian Cocot Member

Dec 8, 2003
    Cleveland
    No. Waste of money for a position that's already covered.

10. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No. Gravesen > Vieira.

11. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hahahahaha. Oh you weren't joking? ;) :)
    No

12. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RM said no last season. These Viera rumors are as hard to get rid of as a bad cough.

13. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    I never liked him. Even France is nowhere in the map right now, and it is a very good thing that Real never got him. I didn't even want him last summer, I would much rather take Davids for free this one (even though he is also not needed).

14. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Man, Davids used to be excellent at marking, now he is useless. He can't even secure a starting spot at Inter for god sakes.

15. judge10

judge10 New Member

May 12, 2005
    This may sound very childish but I'm glad that after Vieira turned us down because he wanted more money that he has now wasted a season at his peak (I think he looked like a player who didn't want to be at Arsenal last year), and finds himself unwanted by his current club, Arsenal and his desired club, Real. Looks like it's back to Serie A for Patrick, where he was unable to cut it.

16. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    Juve can have him.

17. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    thank you

18. 10_Ronaldinho_10

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    You're welcome, let's see what on earth he can do for you. Turn you into an even more defensive team, well that's impossible. Viva el catenaccio, eh? Haha!

19. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that Viera is headed to Juventus, what is the over/under on the number of days to the Viera to Real Madrid rumors kick in again? :D

20. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Do you mean Emerson? I am expecting people to say that Emerson will now be moved with Vieira there.

¡Hala Madrid!

21. Lockjaw

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I mean Viera. The Viera to RM rumor has had legs like a spider.

22. 10_Ronaldinho_10

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
  23. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    am i the only one who thinks arsenal could have made more on vieria?

24. DaeHaMinGuk

DaeHaMinGuk Member

Jun 11, 2003
    Tha dirty Souf Korea
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Maybe losing twice to Juve in the last 3 CL campaigns will teach Real that defense does count for something.

25. REALFOREVER

REALFOREVER Member+

Dec 22, 2003
    Not Really...Real won the CL with Campo and Karanka in defence.

Unless u count those guys as legendary defenders. :)