Should Mexico Keep Same Line-Up Against Ecuador?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by franco, Jun 29, 2007.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Do you think Mexico should have the same starting 11 as with Brazil?:confused:

2. SantosLaguna

SantosLaguna New Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Westfield
    I think Mexico should definately start putting in more of the younger guys such as they did against Brasil, these are the guys that are going to represent us in 2010.

I mean, Why is Hugo putting in players like Borgetti, Blanco in when the chances of them playing at the next WC is minimal.

3. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why wouldn't he? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

4. dbdavid

dbdavid New Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Watts
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'd say the same thing and keep in the guys that beat one of the best teams in the world, but what about Guardado(if he's healthy)in place of a slower paced Morales. Thing is, Morales scored against Brazil too.

5. Classic1

Classic1 New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    Mexico City
    I would keep the same lineup except for Guardado in for Morales.... This will benefit us now but more importantly for the main mission... 2010 World Cup!!

6. OG Junglist

OG Junglist Member+

Jul 21, 2005
    El Jebel, CO
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no sean MOSCOS!!!

Guardado, should NOT play... mybe till the semifinal or even the final, cuz his condition is delicate, the team doctors won't let him play, si se lastima otra vez, so soon after his concusion, he could even die:eek:

NO SEAN , IMBECILES!

7. luis_mx

luis_mx New Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Falls church
    Chill out chango, we're not forcing him to play right now.

8. dbdavid

dbdavid New Member

Nov 17, 2006
    Watts
    Club:
    CA Monarcas Morelia
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chill. Look:eek: .
    see:D Death is of course the most serious issue in the world, so of course there should be extreme caution.

9. captainofiron

captainofiron New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Texas
    I say yes same 11, except maybe take Torrado out. But only if they can put someone better in who's name is not Blanco

10. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...so ok, most here agree to leave it as it was against brasil...

...most think guardado should be left alone...i agree on that one...truth is ramoncito did not do that bad against the cariocas, but he is kinda old and gets tired...he could be changed...

...the team could change against ecuador and i am up for a change, even if we risk defeat, just to let some players rest...

...why i say that?, cuz i believe hugo's rotation may be paying-off and all the players may be understanding by now what hugo wants them to do: order, discipline in all lines, fight every ball, precision, hanging on the ball, accuracy, play in blocks, tactics, etc...

...i mean these guys are split in 2 teams and play against each other (mex v. mex) while they train, so i am sure they by now may be getting the coach idea of how to play 4-4-2...i whish hugol could practice a 4-4-1-1 on this one (counter with nery/medina alone on top)...

...my proposal is risky, but so is hugol style of play, i dont have a problem with a drastic change as long as we have a solid columna vertebral which could include ochoa, rafa, torrado(maybe rest him), and nery...be aware that ecuador has a last chance to qualify and is a must die for them, so the game is likely to get dirty and we could use some strong/tall players like castro, mazacuate (even though i dont like him) on defense...

...would something like this make sense?...

-------------------ochoa---------------------

gringo---marquez--maza(very risky here)--pineda

arce-------torrado/lozano---correa----- venado

-----------------bofo/cuau--------------------

-------------------nery-----------------------

...just wish the back line of mexico would set our 2 forwards with more passing to counter from the defense...kinda how marquez knows how with those looonnggg nice balls he sends up front...we would really need some of those long passes to get ecuador in trouble and try to pass all their lines since i believe they are gonna have to move their lines forward from the get go...

...what do you all think of that?...:confused: :cool:

11. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ----------------Ochoa-----------------
    -Gringo---Marquez---Magallon---Pineda-
    -Arce-------Torrado---Correa---Medina-
    -------------Nery------Cacho----------

I think this is a better line up than the one vs Brazil.

12. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA

...not bad either...i just think torrado, magallon, and nery may need some rest...but dont get me wrong, that lineup looks good as well...at least the part in the back with magallon instead of maza...

...i wonder if lozano could play instead of torrado, to give torrado rest but not sure if lozano would be effective there...

13. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Some do need to rest, but it would be best to rest them after Mexico qualifies. They can rest on the game vs Chile.

14. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    me gusta esta alineacion,nada mas que medina como medio no funciona por que tiene que recorrer mas terreno y pierde su efectividad,tal vez ponerlo en delantera con nery ya que los defensas centrales de ecuador son lentos y ellos 2 los pueden complicar con su velocidad.
    como tu dices hay que salir con lo mejor y que descansen ya que tengan la calificacion

15. eL-ShorTy

eL-ShorTy Member

Sep 18, 2005
    San Antonio
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Alamejor puede que sea una buena idea poner a Nery en la posicion de Guardado ante Ecuador. Y Medina en la delantera con Cacho. Asi como lo ase en Chivas.

16. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    tambien es buena idea

17. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    ...this would give nery the speed by the sideline and then he could go all the way to the end on the line to set up passes in diagonal to cacho or medina, as you mention...remember nery-to-guardado goal agains the gringos?...so we will see...they are all good possibilities...

18. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ----------------Ochoa-----------------
    -Gringo---Marquez---Magallon---Pineda-
    -Arce----------Correa---Medina--------
    -----------Cacho------Blanco----------
    ------------------Nery-----------------

19. NoEJR18

NoEJR18 Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Coachella Valley,CA
    Please No More Blanco That Guy Is Too Slow Now Every Time He Gets Challenged He Loses The Ball

20. captainofiron

captainofiron New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Texas
    did you know that Blanco has the FIFA record for most fouls received in all of FIFA history?

I saw it on some TV show, I was like hahahah:confused::eek::D

21. kvl89

kvl89 Member

Jun 30, 2007
    gringo----marquez--magallon---pineda

arce-----torrado-----morales

bofo

Landin---Castillo

i really think bofo should play in this position just like he did in chivas. Hugo always seems to play him up front like a forward having to wait for the ball. he needs the ball more to shine.

22. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    even as slow as you migth think, he could posses the ball and pass...it could slow down mexico a bit, but same goes for ecuador...ecuador would like his game to be a bit more fast paced...btw, remember that goal of cabañas against chivas at azteca?, guess what?, it came off a long pass from cuau as he lifted up from the floor after receiving a foul...

...btw, it seems hugo will make little adjustment to its lineup...guardado wont play...

23. Omar Bravo T Amigo

Apr 25, 2007
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me gusto éste también. Brasil era mi primera oportunidad realmente de ver lo que puede hacer Nery con la bola. Aunque había dos funcionamientos donde él debe haber pasado apagado, el control de la bola en la meta era espectacular. También ahora veo porqué cada uno habla tan altamente de Marquez y de Cacho. Realmente me impresionan con los tres.
    For the non -Spanish language bloggers:
    I like this one also. Brasil was my first opportunity to really see what Nery can do with the ball. Although there were two runs where he should have passed off, the ball control on the goal was spectacular. Also now I see why everyone speaks so highly of Marquez and Cacho. I am really impressed with all three.

24. frescoxl

frescoxl New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Saint Louis
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    according to sport center this morning, Hugo will use the same line up he used against Brazil for the Ecuador game.

25. kvl89

kvl89 Member

Jun 30, 2007
    I read on mediotiempo that he would make three changes.
    I hope he puts in pineda this game, pinto although he made that save on the goal line is to little to slow, he kept on getting burnt.