Should Mexicans Boo Mexico?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by franco, Jun 7, 2007.

1. franco

franco New Member

Jul 24, 2003
    USA
    Would you support your team at all times or send massive boos as it happened at Azteca vs. Paraguay?

2. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    it was fu<ked up of the fans to boo the team. i stand by my team 100%, and i will NEVER boo them.

3. becauseigothigh

becauseigothigh New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    I would never boo my team.

But it does come with the territory. If you suck it up then there are chances that you could get booed, and besides we're talking about mexicans here, we boo everyone. We'd boo the fackin pope. Didn't we just boo that girl who fell in the Miss universe pageant?

We boo, and athletes should know this.

4. mikel8rock

mikel8rock New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    hb calias
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i would support
    pinches chilangos son bien culeros

5. Capra27

Capra27 New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Viva Mexico Putos
    1. Fans have the right to boo, to cuss, to throw things whatever they want. As paying customers, we can show our disgust, no questions asked.

2. However, the players are human beings, and the line is drawn when common civil liberties are threatened.

3. The booing speaks a lot of the mexican people: Their need to feel winners. Their success is tied to the team; when the NT wins, they win, when Nt loses, they lose. In this case, the loss meant the fans had a bit of their hopes and illusions for success pushed back a little, causing a reaction to the insecurity felt when the players that they put their trust in failed them.

4. Its perfectly acceptable to support your team, however a line into fanatiscism should ideally remain uncrossed, whereby your emotional stability/worldview is dependent on the result of a game or tournament.

I think this last has, paradoxically, greatly harmed our football. The need to win something is so great, the insecurity so deep rooted, that a small sign of defeat makes the mexican aficionados act unintelligently. I prose that if the mexican football public detached themselves a little bit, as a whole, then there will be less pressure and success will have enough room to breathe.

my two cents.

6. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Its shit like this that gives us a bad reputation...i can never justify booing my own team, let alone my national country....ay que apoyar en las buenas y en las malas...imho.

7. Geotrismegistos

Dec 6, 2006
    Greece
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    True fans always support their team,even more,the national team.Even if that means the team is losing 5-0 and it is the 90 min...
    But,maybe they can boo a naturalizado every time he touches the ball:rolleyes:

8. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    I agree, booying only makes you try harder next time.

9. RoWeN

RoWeN New Member

Jun 27, 2006
    Mexicans are known for booing, look at the miss universe show in mexico, just because miss usa slipped and fell they booed at her. They make me feel low class. Like the scum that walks the earth lol. BUT I LOVE MY MEXICO TEAM 100% I would never boo!

10. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Anybody that decides to be a public figure or choose a profession that is highly public should also expect jeers when results do not meet expectations. It is part of the profession.

A fan has every right to show discomfort with public figures as long as criticism and attacks to not become personal or physical. The notion that a fan is a supporter that only shouts words of encouragement is false. Acts of support come in various forms.

11. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    When El Tri loses in Azteca they will get booed.

If they would have tied the game in the last minute people would have cheered.

Its not like the people booing hate the team or their country.

They are just letting the players know that they are playing like crap.

Its called tough love

And the players should know that.

12. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    no Fans should not throw anything they want. that is dangerous. several times have happened when objects have hit players or refs hard enough to knock them down and/or cut them

13. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Teams wont always play well. I can tolerate our team not playing well. I just don't like it when some guys decide to half-ass it with the green shirt on. That doesn't sit well by me. That being said, I don't know if I could bring myself to boo. I wouldn't want to send that message to the ones who give it their all with the green on, even if they aren't having the best game.

14. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

15. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    i think they have the right to show discomfort with the team if theyre not happy with the game theyre playing,but i think a mexican should never support another team

16. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    The NT has the right to lose in Azteca. But not in the way they did. They played awful. If the NT would've lost while playing a decent good game then the boo's would've never appeared. This has happened for years, and this time like many others I think the booing was well deserved.

But we have to clear the fact that,there are different kinds of "boo's".
    Theres the "boo I hate you".
    and then theres the "boo, you could've done better" which is the case here.

Of course we support our team, and a way to support them is to not let their heads fly high into the heavens thinking they're the best.

I think the loss and the booing will help the NT for the next two tournaments. Especially Copa Oro since we always play it as if we were an unbeatable team, then we get smacked in our faces and our feet touch the ground again, hopefully this time it won't happen.

The same way we praise them when they play good football, we should let them know when they f uck up.

17. Fus3r

Fus3r New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    Booing is barely ok. I would never do it, they know they're playing bad, dont need to remind them. As far as throwing crap, how can you say it's your right to do it? That's ridiculous to even consider it acceptable, how bout we throw crap at every1 when they mess up? Stand by your team in the good and the bad, i dont know why it's so horrible that we lose en el azteca. A game is a game, sure it is a lot of the country who has its up and downs based on our soccer team, but come on, it's not some holy ground where the team is guaranteed a win and damn them to the firey pits of hell if they lose. Go do try and do better, see how that goes.

18. pepelutivruski4

pepelutivruski4 New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    someone should find a way to insert something into mexican DNA so they can never boo anything... i mean, they boo'd Ms USA at the pageant.... in fact, they shouted "OSAMA! OSAMA!" at a US v Mexico game... seriously WTF?
    i'm "tapatio" by blood and heart, and i am VERY embarrased to call myself mexican at times like these.
    Mexico did a good job of holding paraguay back that night. mexico had a dominant midfield, but attack and defense was clearly dominant by paraguay.... mexican strikers were receiving their passes outside the box.
    a great game by both, and i'm glad mexico lost to a quality paraguay, and didn't go into the gold cup undefeated. this'll make Hugo work them hard and feed them the loss when they are slacking.
    Bradley has a big headed US right now... big heads never last long in football.

19. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    huele a calcetin gringo.

20. I was at the stadium, I think that I also booed the tri, I don't remember. But was a crap match, specially for us that waited for hours in the trafic, at the entrance and in the stadium. But my brother told me while we were waintg in the car to get out that he felt pretty bad for el TRI :(

21. Kur #10

Kur #10 Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Mexico Citay
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    La verdad si fue una mamada, yo no tuve que comprar boleto pero por lo que sé los boletos no estaban muy baratos, aparte del hecho de que la selección casi nunca juega en el Azteca para amistosos y vienen a jugar así, que no mamen. Lástima por ellos pero la neta creo que estuvo bien para que no llegarán a la Copa de Oro con la cabeza inflada como siempre.

22. Capra27

Capra27 New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Viva Mexico Putos

23. Capra27

Capra27 New Member

Jul 31, 2006
    Viva Mexico Putos
    Neta, but the point is that paying customers (fans) have the right, whether its a sign of good ettiquette/support thats another story

24. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    If deserving, I'd yell at individual players, wearing the national uniform doesn't give them a free pass, but I could never drive myself to boo the entire team. Booing the team, to me, is like booing the national anthem.

25. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    People booing the home team is not a new thing. Mexico or other teams. It's not like chilangos just invented booing the home team. Some people are getting a bit hard at them. I've seen it at basketball, baseball and american football games too.