Should Martin Taylor be banned for Life for his Shocking Tackle on Eduardo

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by Melbourne Croatia, Feb 23, 2008.

1. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    That's the first bit of common sense they've ever shown though.

2. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    Welcome back Taylor:cool:

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    good on FA.

4. fernb8

fernb8 Member+
    Staff Member

Aug 12, 2002
    who would have thought the FA using common sense

waiting for pigs to fly

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    He scored on his reserve return as well. Good lad. :)

6. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After all I've said, I'll be well pissed off if he injures a Reading player in his return on Saturday. :) Apart from anything else, I'd have to defend him or look a hypocrite. I'm actually hoping he'll play and be utterly terrified of making a tackle, just in case....

7. BlackburnRover

BlackburnRover New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    M6
    Same as how I don't even know the name of the player who broke gobby Sav's leg last year.

Thats' because we grew up watching a man's game:eek:

Anyway, more importantly, where's all the spite about Cole's tackle last night. None? Oh ok :rolleyes:

8. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  9. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Cole should get banned, and Chelsea should get some big fine, I'm sick of Chelsea players doing an awful tackle and charging up claming they did nothing, Cole acted like a ********ing baby aswell, Turning his back on the ref and refusing to turn round when the ref asked him, he only turned round when he threatened to red card him. It's a joke the tackle a few weeks ago would have been a straight red.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    He should have seen a red, although from looking at replays, I think he was going for the ball. I also hate how he wasn't turning around for the ref, but then again, not many Chelsea fans like ACole.

I also hate how we charge the ref, but every damn team does it and Chelsea is the one that usuallly gets fined. So in this case, there is nothing you should complain about. They get fined more than anyone.

11. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    No not every team does it, all Chelseas players literally charge the ref and refuse to go away, JT is one of the worst for doing it, often other teams will run up to protest then back off. It doesn't matter if he's going for the ball though he totally missed it and took Hutton out right under the knee, he doesn't deserve to get banned for the tackle just an extra 1 game ban for his stupid reaction. Chelsea have been fined twice before and their Ass man fined aswell for charging down and abusing the ref.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I think you're being a little harsh on Chelsea. I see a lot of games and ALL teams rush the ref. Do we do it more often than others? I don't think so. Yesterday only JT, Drogba and Cole were surrounding the ref. Now that's bad enough and it's the only quality I don't like about our skipper. He really needs to stop it.

Yes, Cole should get a fine or a ban for his dumb reaction. Dumb twat.

13. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    You do do it more than other clubs though, in the past no, but recently clubs have sorted it out and often only the skipper will go up and chat, and then when the ref says go away, they walk off, obviously other teams do charge up, but I've never seen anyone do it with as much agression and as much over reaction as Chelsea, the players literally do charge in from the other side of the pitch and surround the ref, Chelsea re the worst in my opinion but of course others are guilty.

14. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Ashely apologizes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/7307460.stm

15. BoltonMassiv

BoltonMassiv Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Bolton
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Fair play, I don't think he did it on purpose, but it was a pretty pathetic tackle.

16. footballmaster

footballmaster New Member

Mar 21, 2008
    England
    He should have been banned for the remainder of this season for sure. That tackle on Eduardo was totally over the top (literally over the ball!) and has probably ruined a players career. He should be made an example of to other clumsy players to be careful of their tackles. I only hope other players like Ronaldo and Gerrard are protected more in future otherwise we could be deprived of some quality skills and more importantly we will see more players careers go down the toilet.

17. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    only if the dictionary definition of literally has been replaced by "not even remotely". Go back and read the thread, where it's been highlighted once or twice.

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Laughable and completely irrelevant.

The evidence is there for all to see.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    as most of your posts. Look at the replay again and take those red-tinted glasses off for ONCE.

exactly what I said.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I have seen the replay and my points stand.

21. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    As opposed to Roy "I waited long enough and I *****ing hit him hard" Keane? Cole was going for the ball. Taking off the red glasses won't harm you, might even benefit you for once.

22. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    If you honestly think Cole was making a legitimate attempt to win the ball then you either don't think very highly of his ability or are just being dishonest. Either way it is an irrelevance. He was high, studs up and late. It was a clear foul and should have been a red card. That he got away with it even when you include his behaviour afterwards calls into question the impartiality and ability of the referee in question.

23. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    This is one of the stupidest things that has ever came out of you. I am not even bothering with this hilariously stupid post of yours. Holy freaking Christ you're dumber than a bunch of bricks.

As is 99.9% of your posts.

A red eh? Last I checked he was going for the ball, at best it's a yellow.

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Going for the ball is no excuse for a shocking challenge of that nature. Something Chelsea fans seem incapable of grasping.

25. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Now, would you like to explain that or should I just skip to the part where you say something hilarious about Keane being justified? Wouldn't put it past you either.

[​IMG]