Should I upgrade?

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by el-capitano, Mar 13, 2007.

1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm still playing FM05 and i was wondering if I shoudl upgrade to FM07??

Trouble is-I'm still enjoying it- (the old game)

Started off with my beloved Liverpool until I got the sack!

Then I set myself the challenge of trying to work my way up from Conference football back up to the big league!!

So started in Con South with Cambridge- got them mid table but they were shite so I took over St. Albans, won the league and promotion to Con. national.

After struggling with them for two seasons in the higher league and on the brink of relegation I left to manage Darlington in League 2. Got them from 22nd (when hired) to promotion in two seasons to League 1.

They of course struggled in League 1, and with no money I got the sh*ts with them, and left them in second last to manage Portsmouth in League 1.

Lost in the playoffs two years in a row with Portsmouth, and after a poor start got sacked in season three. So I took over Derby- also in League 1 and after securing mid table obscurity from around 18th, I now have Derby ten points clear with 12 games to go to win the League and get promoted back up to the Championship.

So the question is- should i persevere and get back up to the EPL in FM05, or just start again with FM07? :confused: :) :cool:

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    2007 is a better game.
    so might as well get it.
    much more depth.

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was actually thinking the same thing... I was playing FM2004 for ages but wound up throwing it away. I was eyeing FM2007 at the store the other day but no ... this shyt gets waaaaay tooooo addictive! :D

4. idexer

idexer New Member

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm too in the same condition like you..i'm still played FM 2006..i'm really want to play FM 07, but my old pc spec doesn't support it (Pentium III, 800Mb, Graphic Elsa Gladiac 64MB).

I'm just enjoying this game with Hartlepool United team. I've managed this tean since it was at League One (see my team position below)

http://www.zamrud.net/image/hartlepool.jpg

5. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well I got Derby promoted to the Coca Cola Championship, winning League 1 by 2 points (dont ask what happened to the 10pt lead- I'm happy we got thru!! lol)

Currently in next season up into 4th in CCC, if I can get promotion into EPL this year, I'll stick with them, otherwise I'll apply for a EPL team.

Once I've made my way from Conf. North to EPL, I'll retire FM05, and get FM07- or maybe by the time I do it- it might be FM08!!

After spending this much time, I might as well finish off what I started!! :)

6. midwestsurfer

midwestsurfer New Member

Jun 7, 2005
    Honolulu~Tulsa
    Ya, i'de wait till 08 now! Its only 6 months awayish, if they stick to the same schedule they have lately.

7. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ok- I got to the EPL- West Ham became available mid season so I said bye bye to Derby (although due to the excellent team I had set them up with they still made the playoffs without a manager :) ) and took up West Ham.

Got them from 13th up to 4th with some good buys in the January window, but ended the season badly- only getting two draws and five losses from the last seven games, finishing 12th.

Then my dream team, Liverpool, sacked Curbishley, and I am now the manager of Liverpool- a long way from Cambridge City ten 'virtual' years ago!!

So I got there- and now I think its a perfect way to end my FM05 game!

Bring on '08- I'm getting itchy!! :D