Should I really be buying season tickets???

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by living_ded_boy, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Openthegate

Openthegate Member

Nov 29, 2003
    Fremont CA
    God, I heard that. This thread's a kick in the head to SSV. I already renewed. If anything this thread should be to get the word out that we can start buying next years season tix.

2. living_ded_boy

living_ded_boy New Member

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    It is soooo not.......I asked a question and SSV guys answered it.....if anything, it reinforces that you should honor your pledge now and they give specific reasons why. I had legitimate concerns. They said "Ok....we have the team for another year, get your season tickets now!" I wanted more info and it was provided......no "kick in the head to SSV", and I will buy my season tickets for the first time since the 2001 season, even though I did not pledge.

3. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    A thread with a happy ending: that is all that matters. ;)

4. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Well, if they get you down from Pleasant Hill and Albany down from Concord.....it's the least I can do.

5. jussen1

jussen1 Member

Nov 9, 2003
    SJ
    Yes, we will be able to track this. This is the single most important thing we can do as fans. I'm good for an extra 25 personally not including the fifteen others I signed up last year that are renewing and doubling. The investors are looking at these season ticket numbers very carefully. The reason we only drew 9,000 at the playoff game was because our season ticket base is low. Get your friends to sign up and then get your work to sponsor Kicks For Kids which counts as 16 new holders.

6. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you don't honor your pledge, they send Tony Soprano and Cousin Vito to your place for discussions. :D

Mighty, might me, I did three!!

7. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca

I'll probably get expensive seats on the west side and rarely sit there, i'll sit with my buddies(knuckleheads won't buy season tickets) on the East Side and the first yellow-jacket that tells me that I can't go on the east side with west side tickets, even though there is only 12,000 in attendance, gets socked!:mad: I don't care how old she is!;)

8. sonofapitch

sonofapitch New Member

Feb 11, 2002
    Novato, CA
    I would have to think that selling more season tickets also reinforces the inclination of any cities considering construction of an SSS. If the Quakes or SSV can walk into those negotiations and say, "Look, we're discussing a 20,000-seat venue. We already have a solid 10,000 season tickets--that's already half the house GUARANTEED before you even open the gates! Ticket sales increased 24 percent last year with the threat of relocation looming. Imagine how much it will increase with a commitment to the future and a brand new stadium!"

I'm already dreaming of buying my same front row seats behind the goal in the new building. What a day that will be! Consider my '05 tickets already purchased!

9. Spartan1

Spartan1 New Member

Feb 23, 2001
    San Jose
    We look forward to seeing you there ldb :)

Spartan1

10. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    And I hope the Quakes hire you away from Spartan Concessions to be in charge of Concessions at the new SSS!:)

11. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    I think ldb posed a legitimate question in that I, too, have a "thing" against AEG. Especially after hearing their guy, Scott Blackman tell the Santa Clara City council, "We tried, but we just can't make it work in San Jose". The thought of giving these guys ANY money repulses me.

The reality of the situation, though, is if they hadn't stepped up to buy the Quakes in the first place, we wouldn't be here discussing any of this.

And, to echo what has already been said, if we can get an attendance increase, this would make the team much more attractive to potential new investor/ owners.

SO, pony up, ldb. As you stated in one of your previous posts, you would buy tickets to every game, anyway.

Plunking down my deposit yesterday for the 5 season tickets I pledged felt absolutely friggin' wonderful. Then, later at the dinner table, when I went through my "High-Lows" (basically each person in the family gets a turn to talk about the best/worst aspect of their day), I told the family that we were getting season tickets for 2005.........everyone yelled and cheered!! Twas' absolutely awesome!

12. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I said so ldb!! Sheesh! Don't make me have to smack you!

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll be standing there, begging for it! :)

14. living_ded_boy

May 24, 2001
    Pleasanton, Ca
    Tease!:D

15. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As long as he's standing in the season ticket line....

:D