Short list of coaches

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by HockeytownHeel, Oct 22, 2020.

1. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I know we are spitballing here. I know that Favre is nowhere close to leaving ut who would be on a short list of coaches that you would love to see their style here. Here are mine in no order.

Red BUll Salzburg - Marsch - speaks German but rumored to be not great at German
    Lazio- Simone Inzaghi
    Nagelsmann- Probably my first choice since he is German but a pipe dream with him at Leipzig
    Wicky- I dont know if he speaks German or not

2. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ten Haag and Hassenhuttl are other possible options.

3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nagelsmann would be top of my list followed by Ten Haag.

We even have outside options like Farke or even Poch.

We need a new coach now.

4. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    Obviously Nagelsmann is going nowhere which would lock up Marsch at RBSalzburg, so that would make him available to us probably.

Ten Haag likely wont come here unless we waited until offseason
    Meaning all three of those have no shot.

Farke and Poch are available able but would we even have a shot with Poch.. but what is the reason you like Farke?

I know I like Marsch and the main reason is his pressing attacking style we are good enough that we can do that to teams. It pains me to see us constantly sit back when we could play a pressing attacking style like we did against Bayern.

Why did Farke get let go?

5. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    How long is Nagelsman's contract? If he only has a year after this coming summer, then it's a maybe.

6. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Farke took Norwich up playing great football and had them playing great football in the Premier League. He developed a lot of players like Lewis and his style of football is not only enjoyable but the type that translate well to a big team.

7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The cynic in me says that at the end of the day club management will probably settle for yet another mid-table manager.

8. Jiri Havran

Jiri Havran Member

Apr 8, 2016
    Oslo
    Club:
    Shanxi Baorong
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The main thing is that all above mentioned coaches are way better than Favre. I’ll put also Rangnick to that list. He’s in principle free, and German, but looks like he doesn’t want to coach anymore. Was linked to Milan in the summer

9. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What is needed above all else is a coach who actually plays to this squads strengths imo. It doesn't necessarily have to be a big name, a young ambitious coach would be interesting too.

I really want the chance to see what the true potential of this squad could be, and to do that it needs a coach with a more positive/ambitious mindset. It feels to me like the club is wasting a great opportunity with this group of players.

10. BvB_Peon

BvB_Peon Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Honestly at this point I don't care who they put as long as this inept coach is gone...
    I'd even be ok with them just appointing Sebastian Kehl until the end of the year...

My favorites would be Nagelsman, Marsh, or some new upcoming coach with ambitions. Just not an old established coach.

11. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    A bit OT but just wanted to share a piece of irony.....was just reading an article with a scathing review of Viera at Nice after they got trounced by Leverkusen yesterday where the author states how far the club has fallen and that this result would never have happened under Favre :D

How about the current U-23 coach Enrico Maasen (sp?) who is supposed to be a hot-shot up-and-coming young coach that plays offensive football and has got his team on top of the league currently.