shocking Razzia against BFC-fans...

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Doc_Aeppler, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    Its long and its german, but its really worth reading imo:

http://www.nordostfussball.de/forum/thread.php?threadid=11954&threadview=0&h

It seems like a Berlin-Policeforce did a major strike against BFC-Fans at a club, arresting more than 150 people, the day before the Union-BFC Derby.

Heres another interesting discussion about it:
    http://www.eintracht.de/forum/list.php?thread=10901369

and an interesting article:
    http://www.faz.net/s/Rub21DD40806F8...D7AFDE88A92F4B4798~ATpl~Ecommon~Scontent.html

seriously, where is all of this going?!
    can i even still feel save going to a pub after a game with other fans?
    not even to talk about the game in hannover in two weeks... or mainz?!
    i wouldnt wonder if all of this "police-WC-training" doesnt hit back like a boomerang whenever the WC comes around... :(

greetz, Doc

2. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Well, on the one hand this is absolutely shocking from a legal point of view but on the other hand BFC fans are just scum.

3. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    no doubt about that, yet they also have to be given basic rights...

4. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This is just the last part in a long chain against soccer fans prior the WC 2006.
    Interesting to read nevertheless, the BFC fans are propablky the fan group having suffered the most...

5. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Basic rights are overrated. Especially if we are talking about BFC fans!

I think I will make this "XXX are overrated" line my new standard response. It's kinda cool :D.

6. Old Uncle Ultra

Old Uncle Ultra New Member

Mar 6, 2005
    It was all quite appaling from what I've read in the Berlin papers. There were a few instances of this type of thing towards the end of last season. I personally witnessed, what would be called a "police riot" in any other country, in Frankfurt back in May.

The police seem to be a law unto themselves in Germany and hardly subject to any democratic control whatsoever. This comes from the Bismark era when they were the government's political boot boys, largely recruited from the army. Post WWII the Americans did little to reform policing because they wanted a strong weapon against communism.

While we're straying a long way from football here, it's something that could have drastic implications for Germany's international image from November onwards as the world's media starts to focus on the country.

7. Concertmusic

Concertmusic New Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I am speechless :eek: :eek: :eek: