Shirt sponsorship

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Liv'poolFaninAZ, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    As we all know, the Carlsberg sponsorship of Liverpool FC is coming to an end early this year. What I'm trying to find out is if anyone knows when the new sponsor will have their logo on our shirts. The latest jersey was being sold as being for the 05-06 season, yet with Carlsberg pulling out and the new sponsor coming in (Likely Orange, or LG, which I think both look awful) I want to know if there's some kind of agreement for Liverpool to continue wearing the Carlsberg shirt untill the 06-07 season or if they are going to just switch right away in 05-06?

If anyone knows pls share info! Thanks.

2. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    Well, I don't know for sure, but they will most likely change after the contract is up. I have heard that LG will be the new sponsor, and I highly doubt they will let LFC keep Carlsberg on the front of their shirts while they are the ones sponsoring the club. It sucks we are getting rid of it, LG or Orange, whatever they choose for a sponsor, just won't look right.

3. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    How long have they had the Carlsberg logo? I haven't been a fan long enough to remember a time when they didn't bear Carlsberg as their shirt sponsor.

-------------------------
    "When my brain exploded, it was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have such a better life now."
    -- Sharon Stone

"I'm not very politically involved ... I mean, if you say you're a Democrat, that'll turn off Republicans, and that's half of your fan base."
    -- Lindsay Lohan

"I may have smoked too much weed, but I wasn't taking drugs or anything."
    -- Mike Tyson on his loss to Lennox Lewis

"Joy Division is the only good thing to ever come out of Manchester, and then the lead singer went and killed himself."
    -- Me

4. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    I think since the '92-'93 campaign. But don't quote me on it.

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Besides the fact that it would be utter lunacy for LFC give prime advertising placement to a company that no longer pays their bills. I mean, really.

6. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Coca Cola have been a long-time link.

7. TruReds

TruReds New Member

Jun 12, 2004
    KL
    Well, let's go alchohol-free :D

8. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    It's gonna be strange to see Carlberg-less red shirt for the first time.

9. NC RED

NC RED Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Charlotte NC USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well we haven't won the EPL since carlsberg has sponsored us. Maybe a change to coke, LG or orange may be good.

Nahh... beer wins!

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Your post led me to do some research. I found that 11 out of 12 past Premier League winners had high tech and/or telecommunication firms as shirt sponsors - Sharp, JVC, Vodafone, Sega and O2. Only one team has won with a beer company as sponsor. (of course, Emirates Airlines could buck the trend this year)

Coincidence? Probably.