Shep Messing is a bag of douche

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by KingsRule89, Apr 19, 2008.

1. KingsRule89

KingsRule89 New Member

Jun 20, 2007
    The MLS "analyst" was asked during the New England/New York game what was up with the Galaxy and instead of providing any kind of concrete analysis as is his job description he instead went on to rant on how much better Chivas is than Los Angeles and how our team has only 3 capable players and that we "need to close up shop and trade Beckham to Chivas" since we're an embarrassment.

What kind of person is this idiot? He obviously knows nothing about the team other than the big 3, this guy knows nothing about our team let alone soccer and is just a contrarian who seems delighted at our plight. I hope the MLS fires this piece of absolute shit.

2. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trade Beckham to Chivas. That's funny. I mean, it would make sense, because then they would have two players that speak Spanish

3. Warrior_FC

Warrior_FC New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    What else is new?

4. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What did bags of douche ever do to you to be insulted like that;)

5. metalmilitia

metalmilitia New Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well then it looks like Shep Messing takes it up the poohole... and likes it. :)

6. 256_Galaxy_fan

256_Galaxy_fan New Member

Jun 22, 2004
    Huntsville, AL
    Shep Messing is douche.. but he didn't bother me as much as one of the guys from the Galaxy broadcast that kept saying "tweener" when a G tried to split 2 guys. After the 5th time I wanted to punch him in the face.

7. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I just mentioned this in another thread. And the whole time we were putting it to the 2-time defending champs (while his Red Bulls could only tie after playing an entire half with a man advantage) I kept saying "Who should fold up shop now, Shep."

He's such a jerk. After Week 2, he mentioned in his MLSnet weekly show with Greg Lalas how he was never going to slag on the Galaxy again, something about he admired how they were going for it or something. And then he goes and pulls this crap. What an idiot.

I hate myself for letting him bug me so much. I even wrote him an e-mail one time last year telling him what a jerk he was. I need to get a life. :D

8. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shemp Messing is the anus of bad commentating

9. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What makes this even funnier is that Shep's preciuous Chivas is in an tie with the G's and Real Salt Lake for 3rd, 4th and 5th in the west.

Calling Messing a douchebag is in insult to douchebags everywhere!

10. Samminish

Samminish New Member

Mar 7, 2005
    You are right .. .. But is he wrong??

Not yet .. ..

The facts are that we may well have the worst back-four in the league and it will be up to them to prove Shep wrong .. .. And, until they (and the club) do that, he is right!!

Once Pescadito comes back and we score goals in bunches, then the defence is off the hook and all is peachy .. ..

11. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it was my impression that to have a sports show here in america, you need a few basic qualities: strong opinions, brashness and a lack of any sense of right or wrong.
    They are there to provoke people, not be even tempered or correct. Strong opinions, doesn't matter what they are, they just have to be strong... in fact, it's better if they are kind of out there..... but strong opinions get people to call in and respond.

well-balanced reasonable thoughts are pretty much agreeable and don't provoke response, so we shouldn't expect to see that on TV or radio sports commentary.

12. PVancouver

PVancouver Member

Apr 1, 1999
    When in the broadcast did Messing say this stuff?

13. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    I don't know about the game broadcast but you can hear his controversial comments on the Red Bull podcast:

Red Bull podcast

He starts talking about the LAG-TFC game at around the 7 minute mark.

14. lagalaxy900

lagalaxy900 Member

Feb 14, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I f***ing hate when he does UCL matches on Tuesday or Wednesday, he's like the Bill Walton of soccer. (Sorry for the bill walton reference)

My new favorite annoucer: Shaka Hislop, have him do some MLS games!

15. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know he also said last summer that LD was as good as gone from the Galaxy...

BTW, I really enjoy Greg Lalas. When I watch Revs games that he does he's always tempering the homerism of the play-by-play guy. He also seems pretty thoughtful and well-informed Extra Time (for the most part). Then again, maybe he just shines in comparison to Messing.

Messing disses LD here as well.

16. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, Greg Lalas tries not to let his personal biases interfere with how he calls a game or comments on Extra Time. He completely disagrees with Messing as regards to Donovan in that Extratime clip. Bravo, Greg.

17. Outwide

Outwide Red Card

Apr 13, 2007
    Texas
    Shep Messing is a bitter man who wants more than anythying to be Landon Donovan or David Beckham.

18. PVancouver

PVancouver Member

Apr 1, 1999
    It was the ExtraTime Game of the Week, so somebody at ET has some respect for LA.

Messing said the LA-Houston game was a great exciting game to watch and Landon Donovan and David Beckham were an awesome duo. While I do like to see Donovan's passion I agree with Messing that Donovan's taunting of Ianni was disrespectful to the game and deserved a card. Donovan made much more of Ianni's earlier foul than he should have, IMO. Although Ianni is not going to win any Fair Play awards.

Conversely, Messing supported Altidore's totally inappropriate behavior toward Shalrie Joseph (at least, as far as I could tell). In fact, he was gleeful about it.

I don't support either player's behavior. At least Donovan said his piece and quickly moved on, so I rate Altidore's behavior as worse of the two.

As far as him saying that LA only has three players, Messing is only parroting others who overlook Chris Klein and Sean Franklin. I don't remember so many complaints about Xavier last year. Like Emilio, perhaps he just needs to work himself into shape. Steve Cronin is starting to look better.

19. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's nice to have an unbiased view regarding both situations. I respect that and appreciate your post.

Shep Messing, on the other hand, is a hypocrit and I have no respect for him or his opinion. And I told him so. :)

I, too, had noticed Altidore's behavior and wondered what others thought as well, especially in comparison to what Donovan did; but with Jozy being the current fanboy favorite and Landon being Landon...I knew who would rule the day.

I am a huge fan of Donovan, I readily admit that, and as someone else posted, if he gets a card for that, so be it, it was totally worth it. If the same situation arose again, I wouldn't mind the same reaction in the least. I want to see that passion.

20. brine

brine Member

Jan 8, 2002
    San Diego, CA
    You'll probably find few Shep Messing fans on these boards...but he does have the bona fides...wasn't he the keeper for the NY Cosmos behind Pele all those years ago?

21. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because you are a good chef doesn't mean you are a good farmer

22. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I totally agree, he's a very intelligent composed announcer. Have any of you read his blog on sky sports? He's always promoting MLS there.

23. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. haaamean

haaamean Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Santa Ana, Costa Rica