Sheffield United vs Spurs, July 2nd, 1 pm ET

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Golara, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Spurs head to Bramall Lane with anything less than a win leaving them out of the CL running. United have had a dreadful restart, having only taken 1 point from their 3 post lockdown games. Manchester United and Wolves don't look like dropping any points soon, but Chelsea and Leicester are looking nervously over their shoulders.

2. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Handball? Moura was going down with his back to the ball using his right hand to brace his impact with the pitch. No way Kane's goal should have been disallowed.

3. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    All the cutesy shit we try and do to thread the ball into the box and SU comes along and clobbers a cross into the box and gets a man unmarked on the end of it.

4. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    FFS Dier!!! Stands there and watches the ball roll past him.

5. Tim1975

Tim1975 Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Goal for Harry. 3-1. Too little too late.

6. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Dier is a muppet. Jose is a muppet. Daniel Levy is a muppet for hiring Jose and thinking of re-signing Dier.

Season over. See you next season and have a nice summer everyone.

soccernutter repped this.
  7. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    Trivia time: who said this?

"I can't wait till July 1st when I will have Harry, when I will have Bergwijn, when I will have Son. Imagine our team with Harry Kane as the number 9 with Bergwijn on one side and Son on the other".

8. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    It's been the same lazy, boring football under two managers. There has to be a major shakeup whether Mourinho stays or goes. Even if you think guys like Kane, Son, Lloris, etc. are blamesless you have to consider selling them to raise money because there won't any European football or NFL games next season.

This is the first time we'll finish in the bottom half since 2007-08. At least we won something that year.

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been thinking Spurs should sell Lloris for most of this season, if not longer.
    Son, I think, has a higher value to Spurs than Kane since he has completed his military. Kane will get injured every season for a good duration and probably has a higher sale value. But I think the bigger issue is Levy. He needs to go.

10. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    It all comes down to coaching. Chris Wilder is a better coach than Jose Mourinho. With inferior players and less time, he did a better job preparing his team for the game than the Not-So-Special-One. Better tactics, better preparation and better team selection.

Pochettino was a good coach until the middle of last season, when he stopped coaching and decided to become a politician.

11. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    It really does seem like we’re going to do an Arsenal/Emirates slide in to mediocrity – though probably without the second-tier trophies Arsenal managed to collect. It seemed likely before COVID and the economic downturn, but now it’s all but inevitable.

12. Golara

Golara Member+

Aug 3, 2007
    When three quarters of your defense is Serge Aurier, Eric Dier and Ben Davies, you will not keep clean sheets.

Looking at the defense, the only ones worth keeping are Sanchez, Tanganga and Alderweireld, with Foyth as a reserve. Vertonghen, Dier, Davies and Aurier need to be shipped out. We basically need a new full back four to be anywhere near competitive.

Goalkeeper is another one. We should be looking at signing someone like Burnely's Pope, Hugo has passed his best-before date.

Midfield and attack looks ok, the problem with Ndombele is he has received no coaching since he came to Spurs. He is a player, but unfortunately we have a twat of a manager who doesn't want anything to do with him. If you don't believe me, watch the 2 games he played against City in the CL last season, he bossed it.

And then of course, we come to the manager. He just does not coach this team. I still haven't figured out what he is doing tactically (aside from playing 10 men behind the ball). He gets out-coached game after game by managers who are babies compared to the experience he has.

The chairman is the chairman and supporters who think Daniel Levy is going to go out and make a big splash in the transfer market better get used to hearing the figure £200 million, because that is what the club has lost because of the pandemic

13. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been agreeing with you since January. https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/to-drain-the-swamp-you-must-get-rid-of-the-levy.2108169/

soccernutter repped this.