Sheff Utd v Chelsea

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StamfordBridgeLions, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not our best performance, Sheffield Utd won most 50/50's but I think they probably do against most teams they face, their 'commitment' is huge, Werner my man of the match.

2. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Full rotation

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I guess Pulisic had some family thing.

Boris10 repped this.
  4. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Weird line-up and super uncomfortable game. Not a fun watch. How long does TT tweak and experiment before he settles into a team that can get in a groove? Maybe it’s the lack of Silva, but we didn’t handle their press well AT ALL. Too much mucking around at the back (obviously). Mendy is going to cost a goal with one of those risky pull-backs. Never dangerous against the team at the bottom of the table (even if it’s Sheffield). Just too hard all around.

Surprised Chillwell isn’t better at wingback. He’s fast, good crosser, can have a shot. Happy with success, but if this formation holds Z, Pulisic, Havertz, other offensive stars out of the side, I just wonder if it will win long term.

Yay for Timo making things happen.

5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "Christian has some family issues to resolve and family is always first so we decided to give him a rest for this game." - Tuchel

Watching the super bowl?

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well if we are going to play Sarri ball 2.0 then we play Jorghino and that means three CB's and wing backs and sideways movements. It has solidified us at the back. We have only conceded one goal and that was an own goal. From a results POV it is working.

Chillwell is not a wing back. He is a defender. I prefer defenders personally. I am not fond of wing backs, because as you say they are often played at the expense of our truly creative players and Kante.

Tuchel is not committed to this formation historically. So hopefully we shall see changes and evolution. Early days.

7. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    3 points away in a match that Lampard and Co were brutally embarrassed in last season.

1. Amazing Kepa reflexes. Less can be said about Zouma and our defensive setup.
    2. Sheff waltz down the wing and no one feels like marking the opposing player who was literally standing there on the 6 the whole time.
    3. If you think Rudiger had a howler yesterday, take a look at 1:40 LOL. This is my favorite Rudi highlight maybe ever. Let's buy a new keeper.

Anyway from 10th to 5th for Tuchel now. Not bad.

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Timo Werner has now won 7 penalties for Chelsea FC this season. This is more than any other player has won in a single season for the Blues....

Man U will want him to replace Martial if he keeps this up,

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.