Sheff Utd.... The Finest 1st Div Club???

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by Manutd19cm, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Manutd19cm

Manutd19cm New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    USA
    Ive read many messages so far concerning the skill level of the 1st Division. While they may never reach the level of the Premiership, great and talented players do exist in Div 1. David Connolly at West Ham gets my nod, as well as Robert Earnshaw at Cardiff. But to my post:

Sheffield Utd the best? YES. Lets face it, Neil Warnock has assembled a fine squad. When Paddy Kenney is healthy, he'll return to the kind of form he was in in the 2002/2003 season. Kozluk and Page do a fine job in defense, and Brown and Tonge are the driving force behind the Blades' attack. Peter Ndlovu has turned into a very astute buy, and Jack Lester has preformed admirably. It would be a shame to see Michael Brown leave during the winter transfer window, but I'd be very surprised if Premiership clubs didnt take an interest in him. Player of the year so far: Michael Tonge.

Last year was a fine year for the Blades, but questions would be asked if they failed to gain promotion this year.

2. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man United AND Sheffield United?

Two black marks in my book there, and a far bigger one for the latter. :mad:

If you don't know why the mention of the dull Blades makes me upset you haven't been paying attention.

3. 18yardboxterror25

18yardboxterror25 New Member

Feb 1, 2003
    Far Rock and Suffolk
    Sheffield United....The Finest 1st Div Club? Man bigsoccer hasn't changed since the last time I was here. Anyways don't get ahead of yourself. They aren't exactly world-beaters in this division. As a matter of fact, there isn't anyone even close to that status. It's still wide open. When the transfer window re-opens, that could make a huge difference for any club in terms of loan signings from Premiership clubs.

4. Denzil

Denzil New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Sidcup, England
    Oh dear Sheffield United, Colin's big bunch of whiners - I'm so glad we stuff 'em every year :D

5. Lauren9

Lauren9 New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Near Brighton
    Errr... no.

Yes, you get the results, but in such an unsporting way. All i ever see is the players relying on pushing, kicking, shirt pulling and other such tactics to win the ball. Sheffield United are a dirty team who never seem to play decent football - not when they visit Selhurst Park anyway. This does not make them at all ''fine'', in my opinion.