Shaolin Soccer - Increasing Your Medical Insurance Bill: The Tactics Thread. [R]

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., Sep 4, 2011.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i realize we should open a thread to talk about the potential change of Team China.

it seems Camacho is following Gao Hongbo's philosophy of 4-5-1, and IMO it is working pretty well (despite getting pretty boring at times).

i never seen Camacho's former games and how he managed Spain/Real Madrid,

do you think Camacho should keep 4-5-1 or change it to 4-4-2 or something else?

what is your best 11 in the current crop of Chinese player?

which players you think deserve a shot in the national team?

discuss.

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i think Team China should keep 4-5-1

despite the attacking side might not be too good, it guarantees certain defensive foundation.

my first 11:

[LINEUP-4-5-1]Gao Lin, Yu Hai, Hao Junmin, Zhao Xuri (DMF), Deng Zhuoxiang, Chen Tao, Rong Hao, Li Weifeng, Feng Xiaoting, Zhang Linpeng, Yang Zhi[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

Subs:
    Sun Xiang (good backup for Rong Hao)
    Feng Xiaoting (i dun rate Zhao Peng and Li Xuepeng)
    Wu Xi (i prefer him instead of Zhao Peng and Li Xuepeng, i am biased i know)

Zheng Zhi (need his experience and leadership on the pitch)
    Piao Cheng (heard good things about this guy, possibly one of the best Olympic players)
    Feng Renliang (a player to cover the left wing)
    Huang Bowen (mostly invisible in the national team, but good DMF backup)

Qu Bo (the guy is old, but good cover)
    Yu Dabao (he can be a quick and mobile striker, good backup for AMF if needed too)
    Han Peng (one of the best strikers in CSL, not sure why he was never included)

i would love to give a chance to the oversea youths, such as Zhang Chengdong, Wang Gang (he is quick), and Wang Yang, but they need to play consistently to gain their place into the team.

if Zhang Chengdong continues to play for Beira-Mar, and actually score goals, i would see Camacho choosing him over Yang Xu/Han Peng.

too bad there isn't any bright stars from China team. Maitijiang the Uyghur guy is now relegated to the Shandong Luneng second team, and i dun see any players that would really bring special talent to Team China's table :(

3. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Camacho has been known to like using one striker and one centre forward, but he did say, "the formation I will use with China depends on the opposition".

One thing about Camacho is that he is the best Spanish left-back of all time, maybe he can teach some new tricks to Rong Hao and Sun Xiang :D

As for your first choice team ntg. I like that your choosing Zhang Lingpeng in the first team, I think he's really good, I would take Yang Xu over Gao Lin and as for Rong Hao, I find Sun Xiang to be a much more solid defender and a lot stronger too, but then Rong Hao is superior going forward (very good crosser of the ball) so it's a tough call for me.

4. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    my first 11:

My lineup is fairly similar
    [LINEUP-4-5-1]Yang Xu, Yu Hai, Qu Bo, Yang Hao, Deng Zhuoxiang, Zhao Xuri, Rong Hao, Li Weifeng, Feng Xiaoting, Zhang Linpeng, Yang Zhi[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

I'd like to see Han Peng in for Yang Xu and Huang Bowen for Zhao, but that's not likely. If anything, we're stuck with Gao Lin up top (the worst possible choice) and Zhou Haibin for Zhao. Yu Hanchao and Zhang Xinxin should be on the bench, but that's unlikely.

I think there are plenty of bright stars, but part of the problem is that China's going back with the old age policy. Bari and Piao Cheng are still probably a year away from being ready to be part of a national team, both are likely to be on the 2014 roster (if China makes it).

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the young age policy has been exposed in the asian cup, and it proves that our young lads need someone old to guide them.

another evident example is zheng zhi's free kick in the singapore game, yu hai and two other players refused to take it, and zheng zhi said the following:

"since i missed six or seven penalities in my life, i might as well miss this one"

so it is definite that we need some old guy who is willing to take risk for the squad.

6. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    No Shao JiaYi in anyone's lineup?

7. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    You gotta consider that he is 31 years old and by the time the World Cup starts he will be 34. China, for the most part, needs to look to the future.

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    That's a big part of it, though Zheng Zhi and Datou are equally aging. The reality is that he isn't that fit so he could only give you 20-30 minutes as a sub and beyond that, China is too deep in midfield for him to have a place (should be too deep for Zheng to have a place, but we'll see what happens when Deng comes back).

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    my predicted roster against the U.A.E match
    (assuming zhang chengdong and huang bowen are not back yet)

[LINEUP-4-5-1]Gao Lin, Yu Hai, Feng Renliang, Zhao Xuri (DMF), Zheng Zhi, Deng Zhuoxiang, Sun Xiang, Li Weifeng, Feng Xiaoting, Liu Jianye, Yang Zhi [/LINEUP-4-5-1]

with hao junmin injured, feng renliang will have his start because news mentioned camacho has a preference for those "creative" type player.

i am not sure if qu bo will come back to replace hao junmin, if qu bo isn't back, wu pingfeng will probably be the sub of feng.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    今天無聊時, 想了一個中港臺澳聯隊 (based on today's players):

[LINEUP-4-5-1]Gao Lin, Yu Hai, Hao Junmin, Deng Zhouxiang, 歐陽耀冲, Leong Ka Hang, Xavier Chen, Li Weifeng, Ng Wai Chiu, Zhang Linpeng, Yaap Hungfai[/LINEUP-4-5-1]

私人理由: 如果可以打敗菲律賓和印尼就好了 :D

11. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Hahahaha that's the son of god :D

12. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Feng? On the right? Someone's going to have to tell him he has a right foot and then teaches him how to use it to kick a football, because up to this point it doesn't seem like he's figured that out. My guess is that Wu will get the start, but him or Feng on the right wing already has me really depressed.

Rong Hao's back right? If so, I'd imagine he's going to start on the left. With Deng back, I'd drop Zheng to defensive mid alongside Zhao.

13. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Rong Hao was still injured when the team list was made and couldn't be called up. I dunno his condition right now, but I know he won't play.

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    still injured
    few more months to go.
    sun xiang or zheng long will take his place.

15. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    I see nothing wrong with Sun Xiang for him to be replaced, I'm a big fan of the guy, I like him more than Rong Hao even.

16. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well there are advantages and disadvantages for sun and rong.

sun xiang:
    advantages: more experienced, stronger mentality and morale (especially from winning the CSL, able to spring off more accurate pass

disadvantages: he is slower than rong hao, often take corner kicks and need to rush back to the back line (although the DMF would cover his place while sun takes corner kick, it still poses certain danger), age

rong hao:
    advantage: quicker, dribble well, age

disadvantage: not as experienced as sun, injury prone (?)

17. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    All good points, Sun Xiang also has far more physical strength than Rong Hao.

18. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i don't think hao junmin will be back anytime soon
    even if he is back next month, he would be out of form whatsoever.

camacho apparently bitched at the spanish media that most CSL teams rely on foreigners, and most of the foreigners are strikers. this is the cause of why there isn't much good strikers in China.

up to now, i think we need to start tweaking the existing 4-5-1 abit:

[LINEUP-4-4-2]Gao Lin, Zhang Chengdong, Feng Renliang, Zheng Zhi, Huang Bowen, Wu Pingfeng, Sun Xiang, Feng Xiaoting, Bendtner/Cone, Wu Xi, Yang Zhi[/LINEUP-4-4-2]

Gao Lin - a good striker who could create chance
    Zhang Chengdong - as shadow striker, you dun need to get goals, just cut and pass
    Feng Renliang - dribble like super mario
    Zheng Zhi - more robust than Deng Zhuoxiang
    Huang Bowen - his confidence should be higher after he claims the K-League glory
    Wu Pingfeng - run run run, let more people foul you
    Sun Xiang - Rong Hao will not be back, Sun Xiang's passing has been rather good during the Iraq match, especially those far range passes
    Feng Xiaoting - no comment
    Bendtner/Traffic Cone - both could defend better than the craps we had during the Iraq match
    Wu Xi - i still dun want to see liu jianye
    Yang Zhi - no comment

SUB
    Han Peng - if we need a guy who could head a ball in, it's him
    Chen Tao - replaces Zheng Zhi for that dynamic beat
    Deng Zhuoxiang - i hope there's space for the poor guy

19. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Feng Renliang - dribble like super mario

lol

20. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I doubt with the Zheng Zhi and Huang Bowen combination. Both are not good at ball-winning. Will Zhao Xuri be back?

21. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    go for broke and play zz as a false 9 :)

22. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    zhao xuri should be ok to play
    dunno why camacho never let him play tho.
    zhao xuri is powerful, loves to knock people down, could kick strong shots.

23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ok we should go for our secret weapon
    we should use 美男計 :rolleyes:

introducing you...shannxi's edison chen: tan si.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

maybe the iraq goalkeeper will soften his stance when tan si attempts to shoot.

24. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We will live with Camacho for the next three-four years. I think the future core-players for Camacho-edition of Team China for upcoming few years will be the following:

- Hao Junmin
    - Feng Renliang
    - Zhang Linpeng
    - Zhang Chengdong
    - Yu Dabao

Players that Camacho wants to integrate to the team:
    - Chen Tao
    - Yu Hanchao :rolleyes:
    - Zheng Long

Current crops of older players that I hope they would stay to help Team China:
    - Zhao Xuri
    - Han Peng (yes he's old)
    - Yang Zhi

Players I think Camacho don't really give a shit about:
    - Deng Zhuoxiang
    - Yu Hai
    - Yang Xu
    - Huang Bowen

Future stars from the Youth Team that I would like to see:
    - Wu Xi (take over Liu Jianye :rolleyes:)
    - Bari Mamatil
    - Cao Yunding
    - Zhang Yuan
    - Wang Gang
    - Wang Yang (the Belgium dude, not the other one)

Players that should be near retirement would be:
    Sun Xiang
    Zheng Zhi
    Du Wei
    Qu Bo

Players that should retire by the end of the year:
    Li Weifeng

25. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    How can you say that? When they were available he used them.