Shall we sing a song for you? - Other teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I just watched the full match and Argentina were woeful. It's perhaps the worst display I have ever seen from any football team. When the game starts and finishes with your keeper punching a corner into your own net then you know you are shit. Hell, Germany didn't even play that well.

Indeed. Poor Standard. :(

One team clearly did not know what a football was.

2. BusbyBabes

BusbyBabes New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    Up North
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Play against me and you will dazzle with the amount of bruises you will get:p

3. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know when this has happened but whatever, all defenders have a weakness, Onyewu's is positioning, and acceleration. Which is easily exploitable. But Newcastle's defense was woeful. And Onyewu was better than previous options.

4. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oguchi lacks most of all in any sort of technique with the ball at his feet. He's essentially a bruiser, the sort who could probably succeed in the Championship, but not in any major top-flight league. I was disappointed to see him out there against Brazil, and as expected, he was exposed.

5. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this is a lesson for him and others, don't come into the Prem on a Jan. 1st loan to club with a bad defensive record. Defenders need time and a preseason to train up to the level of competition, switching from lesser league to Prem on a loan as a defender is harsh even for outstanding players.

6. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He is a bust. I thought highly of this guy, but his career/confidence has just been a downward spiral since the World Cup. I don't know anything about young, up and coming defenders - are there any in the wings? Gooch has a great build and frame, and that alone is keeping him in the Men's NT.

7. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe. There are other defenders but none are really moving to Europe or showing any sort of high calibre play (maybe Parkhurst) Spector doesn't play Centre Back for WHU so its difficult. De Merit is good but is 30 already.

8. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd like to see Spector more, personally. DeMerit also ought to be a starter, I'm going to say that the Championship is a much tougher place than the Belgian league.

9. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we close a thread for me? 509!

10. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL