Shaking Up The Place

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by LOBO31, Jul 2, 2005.

1. LOBO31

LOBO31 New Member

Jul 2, 2005
    First off I would like to say Congratulations to Alexi Lalas for coming over to NY/NJ it sure seems like he's shaking things up. You brought over Ante Razov and just recently Tony Meola and Ryan Suarez. I sure would like to see the Metros win a championship. But I was curious to know if the Metros were looking to sign another striker because I read that Dwight Pezzarossi was looking for a new team. You guys are already gifted players from Goalkeepers, Defense, Midfielders and Strkers and also a nice balance of youth and experienced. Good Luck with the rest of the season and keep working hard. LETS GO METROS!!! :cool:

2. metx

metx New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    This is Lalas name at the Big Board???

OK, bring Peza... wherever, because we need a striker....

3. metro1026

metro1026 New Member

Jan 21, 1999
    Swamps of Jersey
    dude, in Championship Manager 5, Pezzaresi is amazing!!!! And he's a free agent in the game. I pick him up all the time and he scores a ton of goals!!!

That means he probably sucks in real life though....

It says he had a sting in Bolton, so maybe him and Youri know eachother....

4. wonko389

wonko389 New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    jax, fl
    Who is Dwight Pezarossi? I really have no idea, I hope he is good and that we sign him, its probably a good idea to get some italians on a NY team. C'mon, there are plenty of us. Think of all the dudes you see at Yankees games with black hair and St. Anthony's medallions wearing Giambi jerseys. We should get them to come to Metros games by putting some Italians on the field. Hell, we could even sign some over the hill Italian international; they do that whole defense thing well. I am being totally serious here, there are a lot of Italians in NY, and they absolutely idolize Italian players. Think about it, my whole family was upset when the Giants cut Frank Ferrara, and we still believe Joe DiMaggio to be a god.

5. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Well, he's more Guatemalan than anything. He does hold an Italian passport tho.

6. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Maybe Carlos Ruiz will get cut by Dallas after Gold Cup! He's AWOL.

By STEVE DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News
    Carlos Ruiz was AWOL on Saturday, and club officials aren't happy about it. FC Dallas general manager Greg Elliott said the Guatemalan striker faces disciplinary action – whenever the club sees him again. Ruiz was allowed to return home to Guatemala earlier this week for personal business. He was due back Thursday, but the club had yet to hear from him Saturday. Elliott said he and coach Colin Clarke could only assume Ruiz was still in Guatemala, because the striker was due to report there anyway today for international duty in the Gold Cup. ... the Gold Cup runs through July 24.