Shadow of its former self...

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by Zenit, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...anyone still left from the old gang? Looks like nice and G74, and that's about it.

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    There seem to be many other things where our attentions lie. Since the events of early 2014, the life was suffocated out of this board. I myself have found it difficult to devote time to it, in light of the aforementioned events.

Real Corona repped this.
  3. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suspected as much. Too bad. Well, maybe with the next WC some interest will revive, maybe some of the old salts will come back.

Looks like Big Soccer in general has seen quite a downturn in activity recently...was kind of curious how the forum for the new Minnesota MLS entity was doing...seems quite moribund.

Chesco United repped this.
  4. urtel

urtel Member

Jul 16, 2003
    PDX
    Club:
    Rochester Rhinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Finland
    I think message boards died out in general. It's too bad, is there any other source of English-language coverage.

Zenit repped this.
  5. Zenit

Zenit Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 3, 2000
    Above the Tear Line
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yep. Facebook really killed BigSoccer. 10% of the traffic it used to have 10 years ago

6. Metalist

Metalist Member

May 3, 2005
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    LOL reading this in April 2019 :) oh in the elapsed time my team ceased to exist, Nevada Smiths Closed Shop.. ahh is this what its like to be getting old.. (older) ... I never posted much - mostly lurking... sad that there is nothing to read any more

7. HandsLikeSonnyListon

Jun 8, 2019
  8. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    What is dead may never die....the show is back in town baby! #dima #thereturn

Actually gives great perspective how long Game of Thrones was, lasted longer than FSU which had a good run itself

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Metalist is officially back June 2021 baby! Is this a sign??

On the eve of Ukraine possibly advancing to the knockout stage of Euro's tmrw, might securing a spot in Euro2020 sweet 16 and the joyous vibes around Ukraine squad (with the sick jersey of Ukraine map including Crimea, Donetsk & Lugansk) rally the crew back together?? Biblical Times in more ways than one :D

10. rbubela

rbubela Member

Feb 17, 2009
    NorCal
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I've always been a supporter of CIS until 2014. I made the decision to pull for Russia a few days before the Euros. Contemporary politics aside, our ethnic destinies are intertwined and in 100, 200 years we will still be linguistically and culturally bound, for better or worse. And than Russia had to pull that shit about the kits and I had to back away. Living in Northern California, far removed from the conflict, I was ready to reconcile but Russia pushed back. Lermentov - "farewell, farewell..."

11. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Agreed, over the years my hatred has waned. I actually was supporting Russia in 2018 World Cup, somewhat bitterly but nonetheless was supporting them. With this kit controversy this year and the fact they got lucky to host Euro group stage was glad they lost, and were on the receiving end of the fairy tale in Denmark that allowed Ukraine passage to the knockout stage. Such sweet karma for their small dick energy about our kits that Sweden our ancestral forefathers wearing yellow & blue punished our historical enemy Poland (Kievan Rus period) in Petrograd to secure Ukraine passage to the Sweet 16 on Russian soil, we squeezed into the last spot and have a favorable matchup with Sweden now haha unreal. Thank you Joma & Russia for creating the perfect storm to reverse our miserable luck and bring us some good vibes.

12. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Let's keep it going.

13. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    In terms of football, though, both countries have gone in opposite directions. Russia calls up their established players, a veteran aging squad, while Ukraine went young. Seriously young.

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Goliath is back lol this is almost too much for my little heart <3

Kievan Rus assembling together again like Optimus Prime. Imagine if we beat England, this place might be back to its 2008-2014 heyday again haha. Watch us go on to play Spain in the Final, Spain revisits its glorious heyday and the FSU bigsoccer crew too lmao! Was it written?!?!?

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    LOL....quite optimistic.

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Same optimism I showed for Dnipro v. Napoli just up the road from the match on Sat :sneaky: