Sg Cleat Cleaning

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by soccer4life_7, Apr 15, 2004.

1. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    I got the manias in trx SG and those little screws at the bottom tend to fill with mud. i am currently picking out the mud with tooth picks but it takes forever. got any quicker ways.. are you experiencing this problem as well ??

2. caldevart

caldevart New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    nope sorry mate my preds also have the same problem..think u shouldnt care too much bout it

3. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England
    U could try and run water over where the mud has filled over and use a tooth brush to scrub away the mud and the water will carry it away

4. phillys

phillys New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Malaysia, SE Asia
    WOW! Another mania user like mE! :D It seems like everyone is all over the new predator pulse but me here will be stuck with a pulse for ages to come :p

5. achyx

achyx New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    UK
    haha yeah me too, even though i have azt's, i still use my champagnes :D anyway.. get a bogbrush and just brush away.. the mud just falls off eventually.. alot faster then using a toothbrush haha..

6. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    well sorry but i got the pulses in fg and the manias in sg they were my confermation gift lol don worry tho the manias rock

7. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    I don't quite see what you mean. Can you not just take out the studs to clean it? I probably am thinking of a different area on the boot.

8. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    the cleats on the mania sg boots are put in place by little screws .mud gets in side those scrwes and it takes for ever to clean

9. phillys

phillys New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    Malaysia, SE Asia
    lol! haha!

10. mini_2004

mini_2004 New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    UK
    i was wondering, i have recently got some lunar manias, and was wondering if you have any tips on how to clean them, or treat the leather. Any replies grateful ;)

11. Benvolio

Benvolio Member

Dec 1, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Being the owner of White AZT90II, im always trying to find ways of cleaning them. I was thinking, have any of you lot seen those steam cleaners on them corny cable adverts that through the heat of the steam, and force, clean out dried out mud and grease in your carpets etc, so do you reckon that a machine like a steam cleaner could be used to clean boots??? I dont think that it would do any damage, as its only hot water..... Just a thought... Anyone ever tried it, or has any opinions abot it, feel free to criticise me ;)

12. Adidas Fan

Adidas Fan New Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Norwich, England
    Basically get a brush that has stiff bristles on them (not too hard they scrape the leather away) and run the leather under some warm water and brush the dirt away-should work. Obviously use dubbin afterwards to keep the leather nice and soft and subtle- also water proves leather :D

13. mini_2004

mini_2004 New Member

Jun 3, 2004
    UK
    Thanks for the info
    Anyone else got any ideas?
    From other peoples experiences how long do manias usually last?

14. Callump

Callump New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Orlando, Florida
    wow i saw that stupid commercial last night and i was pondering what you were pondering

15. appleCORR

appleCORR New Member

May 2, 2004
    When i used to wear Mania's I just used to really scrub at them with a nail brush until most of the dirt was gone. It just depends how much time you want to spend cleaning your boots. I mean, I am pretty sure that the mud won't damage the thread on the screw or anything.

But if you really scrub at it then the mud should come out!

appleCORR

16. WV bobcat

WV bobcat New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    maryland
    Soccer4life, how do the manias fit compared to other adidas cleats. I am being offered the sg and fg manias in size 9, but I wear copas in 9.5. Do you think these would still fit.

17. WV bobcat

WV bobcat New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    maryland
    Does anybody know, cause I need to know by tonight.

18. soccer4life_7

soccer4life_7 Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Canada
    i wore the mundial teams in indoor they were a 10.5 and now have the pulses and manias in 10.5

meh friend wore a 9 in the manias and now has an 8 o a 8 and a half in thecopas.

19. japes10

japes10 New Member

Mar 2, 2004
    toronto ont.
    if you wear a 9.5 in the copas then buy a 10.5 in the manias because the copas are made bigger....im a 9 in the manias but an 8 in the copas......im the guy in the above messege