Sevilla vs. Real Madrid Pt. II [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Chinky24, Oct 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I saw Cannavaro yell at him plenty. But i NEVER saw Iker yell at Fabio. You know the Italian captain don't take no shit. :D

Its not as bad as you make it out to be 4X4s. The absolute shite man marking would make you lose your cool as well especially when you've made brilliant saves to keep your team in it.

2. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I think this is a bit of an exaggeration. What GK doesn't curse his teammate's mothers after a goal is scored? And to be fair some of the goals we've conceded the past few seasons have warranted these 'reactions' as you're calling it.

3. ssabripo

ssabripo New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    while I agree with the jist of your point, in this particular game I'm with Iker.... those two goals were blatant defensive errors that a highschooler could have defended better. The 1st one in particular, made me want to bench Marcelo for months for being so stupid....never EVER EVER just wait for the ball to come to you when defending in the box.

Had it not been for Iker's miraculous saves in the 1st and 2nd half, things would have been much worse.

Again, yes, he is not perfect and sometimes he needs to be put in his place as well and needs to chill with the constant yelling, but in this particular game, I cannot blame him.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Anybody on this forum could have told you Catalan rags would start this nonsense the minute after we dropped points.

Considering who he's getting an attitude with, I don't think this is a fair assessment. Also when you look at the fact that his adrenaline was pumping and he was left with little help, how can you blame him in this situation?

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I can't recall any other top level keeper besides Oliver Kahn, to give his defence that look after goals, and have spicy discussions with his defence all the time.

I mean seriously, does he honestly expect players to magically play better when he been giving them looks and insults for the past four to five years after he concedes a goal?

It's not hurting us, but it's bothering me. It similar to how Robben threw his arms up and sighed loudly when he didn't get the ball correctly. Of course you'd prefer to get a nice ball directly in your path, but this sh*t is simply not helping at all.

6. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Oh come on now the only top level keepers I can think of who don't resort to these types of behaviors on a consistent basis are Cesar and maybe Reina. Buffon is always good for a stare down and spicy discussion as you say. Let's not even get started on Valdes either. Honestly the only time I think people notice it is when somebody like Guti decides to indulge in the argument instead of nodding his head in agreement or ignoring the keeper completely like everyone else.

7. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I guess you like it when a striker kicks air then. Not a mistake at all.
    Three people out of 11 I criticized. What are you on about.You're only seeing what you want to see. Raul was better than Benzema to me. Benzema barely touched the ball, at least Raul looked like the game meant something to him, which is more than I could say about Benzema.
    As opposed to posters like you ? Agree with me or I'll act like a ten year old ? .. lol. You have repped me three times.Once for talking shit about Raul,another for showing a video of the current Barcelona player Ibrahimovic ( who you seemed to admire more than our entire team last year), and the last for me showing kindness. "Kill'em with kindness.Damn you" was your comment, if kindness " kills you" then you are in need of help.

I stand by what I said before. Benzema , Xabi and Marcelo were the worst players for me. Raul played terribly, but so did 7 other players, I've had no trouble criticizing and admitting to Raul's poor performances( I've had him as Pavon of the match). Now please , kindly (:eek:) Stop hanging on my balls.

8. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think benzema is also adapting, benzema is a young player not one who has won it all and proven it all, so i dont why people call him a galactico. To compare benzema and raul in that game is pretty unfair because raul has the most experience, therefore, i expect him to know how the opposition works and even move around to cause problems for the opposition. In fact, i expect him to lead the line and even provide tips on field to benzema, to move into certain channels or drop deep or some sort of guidance.

:mad::mad::mad:GRR YS hasn't repped me in a while!! I want a YS reps!!

9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I can't recall any other goalkeeper who has been as important for a team as Casillas has been. Many people claim he was one of the biggest reasons we played CL football in the last few years with all the shoddy defenses we had, and while hyperboling a bit, they wouldn't be far off. He has earned the right to tell when co-players don't do their jobs right after the seasons he has had here. Especially since they aren't doing their jobs right a lot.

It's not even about the yelling, I'm sure players have said much worse to each other during games. I'm amazed how after weeks of players and media saying we should work on our 'dead' moments in the game (freekick, corners) that a player does not take his responsibility seriously when the time arises. Or in other people's case, can't focus themselves to do so.

That's a much bigger problem than losing away to Sevilla will ever be.

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I honestly thought it was a common characteristic in a keeper to do such. Iker's may be a little over the top but come on man, it isn't like we've put a decent defense to protect or team style to protect the guy from barrages.

Some of the stuff we allow is criminal.

Where was your whining when this happened?

[​IMG]

I guess you like it as long as it's Raul doing it. Not a mistake at all, right?

I guess you missed that one just like you missed the fact that it was Raul's man who scored the winning goal.

Go on AS.com's forum they have millions of them. It's easy, and it'll take 10 seconds to post, like it did for me.

You said you were being critical of our worst players, yet you so easily left out our leaders who should be held more accountable than a 19 year old who still doesn't "get it".

Oh and what a shock Raul was better "to you". Hasn't he always been? You don't have an ounce of objectivity when you speak of Raul.

Yes, he looked like the game meant something to him, that's why he couldn't even bother himself to trail Renato. You sure showed me!

I love how you always take away from the fact that we're discussing Raul and try to throw another player in to deflect attention, again very pathetic.

Irony here is that 4x4s hasn't agreed with me and I haven't acted like you claim I act. Another irony? You seem like you're speaking more about yourself than you are about me in that above sentence.

Go on a rant about America or the NT again, lol.

If this doesn't scream pathetic I don't know what does, lol. I don't know how many times you've repped me, neither do I care.

Anyways, keep counting my reps they seem to mean a lot to you.

You're right, why bother with you? To you he always plays well and if he doesn't you find a scapegoat to try to say "well he wasn't the worst!". Again, very pathetic.

Was he the worst? Hell no.

However he did allow the second goal. To bash one player for allowing a goal, but ignore your god when he's just as guilty for allowing the second, just shows how full of shit you are.

As soon as you stop rimming your god.

I can't rep you, must spread.

12. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I've constantly said that he's had bad games. I don't know what more I should do. Should I label him a cancer ? Should I show a gif of him sucking a "popsicle" Will I be a good fan if I do that ?

I'll do this once.. just for you. Raul was shit. * I hope I'm okay now. I hope he reps me. I hope YS thinks I'm a good fan now.*:D

Oh.. the Egypt game started. Excuse me ( Is that being too kind for you ?):p

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol, when was this? You mean like just now when you were attacking other players but then got your panties in a knot because I said Raul made huge mistakes and was terrible too?

Yeah, okay.

Way to go! Be extreme when you have no point!

I love how you're not talking about missing shots anymore, ROFL.

No you'll have to do more than that to earn my rep. Especially now that I know you cherish, memorizing and dwell upon each one.

Who else here does creepy shit like this?

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ha! That's a nice one. :D

I am sure Casillas gave him a furious speech of anger when they watched the goals later on in the post match analysis with the team...or not. :D

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I'll go with................... or not.

He probably attempted to look over at him, then looked quickly away when he caught Raul's glare, lol.

16. ssabripo

ssabripo New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
  17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought Guti had an okay game, besides the whole Casillas thing, Ramos wasn't that bad either, compared to how awful he has been in Seville in the past.

18. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Goal.com writers tend to follow the bandwagon.

I agree about Raul, though. It pains me to admit it, but he's just too slow for this team. Kaka, CR, Benzema, Pipita, Lass are all fast players: fast in passing, fast running, fast dribbling, fast making decisions. Raul is not like that. I hope he can catch up.

As for Guti, I disagree. If anything, I think Xabi was worse than Guti. Count how many good attacking passes Xabi made. Most of his passes were obvious, what you'd expect from a run of the mill player. Guti at least tried, even if he was seldom successful. Xabi needs to step it up. Whatever his price.

Marcelo, yes, terrible game for him. Facing an in-form Navas and without reinforcement from the mid, I think it may be an anomaly. Still, I'm not comfortable with that LB position, neither Drenthe nor Marcelo seem the answer to it. I don't think Arbeloa could be it, either.

19. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005

casillas need to do a lot more yelling imho. for instance a 'MAN ON on' to marcelo might have been useful...:p

seriously - casillas needs to work on his communication and organise his defence better at set peices.

and like another poster said - all keepers go nuts at their defence after a goal is scored like that. peter schmiechal was famous for it.

20. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    raul's not going to get faster is he?!

It is Guti's attitude more than anything that lets him down and make him score badly - he was very lucky not to get sent off in that instance with zakora. no excuse for an experineced leader like him.

that and his lazy sloppy play - he is an infuriating player to watch.

the sooner these are relegated to the periphary the better

21. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Hope is the last thing to be lost, always shining bright against all logic. :(

22. ssabripo

ssabripo New Member

Jul 12, 2006
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    he was pretty bad man... I usually give Ramos a break, but he was damn aweful in this game.. he constantly put Pepe in the spot from the right. Guti, although perhaps not the worst player in the pitch, had his worst outing by far this year.

23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But the problem is, you assemble your team in training, and tell them:

"Casillas can speak to you as he wishes, he plays great, so he can afford it after all those years."

Some will not take it too well, because it's the exact opposite of the whole idea of a team, when you're creating different hierarchy levels.Obviously there is a lot of respect for certain players, but you can't give somebody free hand, even if it is justified.

I disagree about the Zokora thing. Zokora was not involved in the whole play and made the extra effort to go and yell over his head, then lay a hand on his face. Same with Perotti. Two players left what they where doing simply to get involved in a scuffle.

If you see a red card as a appropriate for Guti, then Zokora should have been red carded as well, seeing how he started the whole mess in the first place.

24. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    This article is simply feeding on the "doom and gloom" frenzy which now surrounds this team because of this one loss. This "author" is taking advantage of the situation to recycle his constant Raul and Guti bashing.

Careful what you wish for, especially since their 'replacements' are stinking up the joint just as badly (and in some cases worse) as they are.

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Typical of Goal.com.

Defeatism sells, and more so with RM.