Sevilla Derby Thread (R)

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by Robdog, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Here is the story behind the long delay to the start of yesterdays game. After 50 + years playing derbys the ref decides to hell with tradition and history and makes Betis change jerseys prior to KO but the team only brought the one jersey since they have been wearing the same jersey before the Refs father was even born!

Go Figure!

viva er beti manque lopera!

Pichi

El derbi más largo de la historia

Un retraso de 45 minutos por un problema con las camisetas béticas enfrió el inicio del clásico sevillano

M. GONZÁLEZ / F. MATRES
    @ Envíe esta noticia a un amigo

sevilla. A las 18.50, Betis y Sevilla entraban a los vestuarios después de haber realizado sus correspondientes ejercicios de calentamiento. La grada del Sánchez-Pizjuán esperaba ansiosa el inicio del clásico sevillano. Por megafonía se anunciaba un retraso por un "problema con las equipaciones del Betis". Sorna en los cánticos sevillistas y preocupación cuando se comprobaba que la demora iba a ser más larga de lo previsto.

El colegiado Teixeira Vitienes no permitía que el Betis saliera al campo con la camiseta listada a rayas verdes y blancas por considerar que tenía más de este segundo color por lo que podía inducir a error, algo inédito en los 50 derbis anteriores disputados en feudo sevillista. Monchi, director deportivo blanco, aseguraba que el problema se conocía desde las 18.15 y Manuel Gallego, consejero bético, afirmaba que supieron de ello a las 18.45. Versiones contradictorias pero la única realidad es que Gregorio Conejo, montado en un taxi escoltado por la Policía Nacional, iba camino del Ruiz de Lopera para recoger las camisetas completamente verdes. Los consejeros heliopolitanos se plantearon no jugar, pero finalmente se echaron atrás no sin mostrar su evidente indignación. A las 19.16 ya estaban en Nervión y se esperaba un inicio inmediato.

Los béticos salieron dispuestos a jugar pero el árbitro consideró que los futbolistas tenían que calentar y los sevillistas vestían con sudaderas. Indignación entre los verdiblancos, que también tuvieron que abrigarse, todos menos Juanito. Cristóbal Soria anunciaba que el partido comenzaría a las 19.45 y el Sevilla entró en el vestuario para preparar la salida por el túnel. Los béticos no querían hacerlo, pero el árbitro les obligó a volver a los vestuarios para revisar los tacos. Más enfado. Cuando todo estaba dispuesto, un minuto de silencio. El derbi más largo de la historia.

2. Pack87Man

Pack87Man BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the true, just, and just plain better team won yesterday. I got to see it happen live and in person.

All told, Sevilla definitely outplayed Betis, though both sides had their chances and missed on them. Doblas had a very solid game for Betis, but Alves had an outstanding game for Sevilla. On to the next jornada, at Real Madrid. What a way to continue the league. This first go round, Sevilla had all 4 CL teams on the road. Fun.

3. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Going into the Christmas break in third place, this sits well for a good run in the second half of the season. :)

4. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Well, I think it stinks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, you just made my holidays. It´s always a treat to see a Betico throw up all over himself. :D

6. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And here we are again and not much has changed. :D Two weeks to the Derby. This could be one of the most intense in a long time with both teams looking for European slots, possibly Champions League. The competitive situation could really open up the game this time around.

With a big win this past weekend Sevilla is moving in for the kill. Going against a demoralized Deportivo and with the Green Throw-up facing the high scorers last week (Racing) the mighty Blanquirojas could be in a position to knock the lowly green ones out of the Champions League and possibly the UEFA Cup while securing they way to their deserved spot amoung the elite of Europe.

I see it as 0-2, with a new feeder stream to the Guadalquiver, coming from the tears streaming down from Estadio Manuel de Lopera. :cool:

7. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Whatever :rolleyes: :eek:
    Why didn't this result happen when Sevilla was hosting the derby?? Maybe it's because Betis has a lethal attack & can score goals. I haven't seen much from Rojo cacas defense that shows to me that they can stop the VerdiBlancos attack. So dream on & take this ass kickin' like a man. Believe you me, Betis will spank Sevilla next match.

8. Pack87Man

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Betis scored a lucky goal. Who cares? Sevilla still won, after all. I know, I was there. The putas verdiblancas got lucky on their one dangerous attack all game long. Sevilla was camped in their end. And you know what? It'll happen again.

9. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always take a loss by a favorite team like a man; and no, I don't trust you. You're much too biased!

10. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Depending on the results this coming weekend, if Betis can win in the Sardinero and Depor salvage what is left of their season against the palanganas in the pocilga, the Derby for the first time in many years will actually be huge! A Betis win would would vault them ahead of the palanganas and more than likely a UEFA slot with a CL slot a possibility. If the Palanganas win or tie it could give them a CL slot.

The key for a Betis win is beat the anti-futbol kick'em till they fall play of the palanganas and take control the game from the opening whistle and put the ball in the net at least 2 times prior to half time. If the match is tied by the half it will be a long 45 minutes for Betis in the second half.

Viva Er Beti Manque Lopera!

El Pichi

11. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually things have changed over the last couple years. Sevilla is no longer defense only team. They rank 6th in the league in goals allowed and 11th in goals scored. I remember a few years ago they ended up 2nd in goals allowed and dead last in goals scored.

As for rough play, the best tool I know of is the fair play table. I would say with Betis having 94 points and Sevilla 99 this game could create a lot of sore ankles.

12. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain

13. Pack87Man

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck with that. We'll just have Beticos flopping like landed fish all over the pitch, just like last time.

14. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Thanks for the history lesson [​IMG]
    It was much appreciated [​IMG]

15. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep celebrating that date. It will continue to be only one in your lifetime. :p

16. Pack87Man

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that the matchday is done, I'd like to point out that Sevilla is now in 3rd place, 3 points clear of 4th, 5 points clear of 5th, and 6 points clear of Betis in 7th. 4 left to play.

VAMOS BLANQUIROJAS!

17. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sevilla also has the tie breaker with Valencia, Espanyol and Betis. When they take out Betis this weekend our slot will be almost clinched while Betis will be set for another year of looking in from the outside.

18. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Don't act like that shit can't change. I believe a win against the Punk ass rojos, might be what the doctor order. The thing is that Betis hasn't won lately. They have only played to draws. The VerdiBlancos have lost one match in their last eight. So don't trip. The Punk ass rojos will be in a battle at Manuel Ruiz de Lopera.

"Knowledge is the key to end all your woos. Your up & downs, Your hi's & your lows"
    Hip-Hop Legends RUN-DMC

19. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, a tie is almost like a loss for Betis right now. They have to make up some ground on Villarreal and Sevilla fast. The harder Betis pushes forward for a win the more open they are to the counter. Joaquin and ugly greens have all the pressure. I would say by game time they will feel like they´re wearing boys size 8 underwear.

20. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    Bro, I have to give you some props on that quote. That was actually funny. However, we all know that Betis will want to win & win big. Also, they will want momentum before their Copa de Rey match vs. Atletic Bilbao. I am sure that in practice the VerdieBlancos will train hard, because they know they are on the cusp of history. Believe you me, The VERDIBLANCOS WILL BRING THEIR "A" GAME!!! Personally, I think it will be the stinkin' pathetic Rojos pooping in their shorts at matchtime & playing for the draw. You saw it here first,
    Betis 2 Sevilla 0

Just call me Nostrodamus :D

21. Pack87Man

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just think, Sevilla can all but put away Betis next week with a win. That'd suck for the putas verdiblancas.

And Robdog, why do you keep calling Sevilla "rojos"? Their main color is white, secondary is red.

22. Robdog

Robdog Member+

Oct 20, 2002
    Rancho Cordova, Cali
    My bad, I thought it was like a Caca red. I am a dog & you know, most dogs are color blind. :rolleyes:

23. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    El Derby Sevillano will be televised here in the US on GOLTV Saturday at 1600 hrs EDT, 1300 hr PST.

Saludos y viva er beti manque lopera!

El Pichi

24. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Betis have a 0 goal average on their last two GOLTV appearances? :confused: :D :p

25. Iberian

Iberian Member

Jun 10, 2004
    New Jersey, USA
    I am kind of split up on this one...quite confused about my feelings actually.

You see, I would root for Sevilla with my eyes closed (there are plenty of Sevillistas in the family, plus I am from around those parts)....but them winning would mean that Joaquin would not be coming to Real Madrid this summer. He just pledged that he will not leave Betis until he wins one derbi. What can I say. I'd also love to see Betis in Segunda after that happens next year without Joaquin, so I should be rooting for Betis nonetheless.

El problema es que, Dios mio, cada vez que se me aparece por la mente la cara de Lopera me dan ganas de ir al baño. No lo puedo soportar.....and then I want Betis to loose.

...but then, if Sevilla wins, I won't have my dream of seing Joaquin in white and enjoy seeing Betis playing Sevilla B (what a derby that would be). What to do, what do I want more. :confused: