Sevilla 2009-2010

Discussion in 'Andalucia' started by soccer krazy, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denilson70

Denilson70 Member

May 29, 2001
    England
    Many thanks. I will go to the stadium Saturday morning or early evening before the game to buy a ticket.

2. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  3. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sevilla get CSKA Moscow in the first Knockout round of the Champions League.

4. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  5. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  6. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    a tough draw to go to Moscow, but it is a tie we should be favored in.
    here is to hoping we sort out our form and quick.

7. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The DA in Del Nido case is requesting 14 years of prison for his role as the lawyer for the Mayor of Marbella Julian Munoz who if found guilty would serve 16 years and 6 months as requested by the DA. Del Nido is accused of conspiracy, embezzlement of public funds and for forgery of public documents during his 4 years as Marbella's lawyer.

I know that all of us Beticos are hoping that Del Nido is found guilty and sentenced to prison where he will soon be joining Lopera who more than likely will be found guilty of embezzlement, conspiracy and other financially related crimes as he continues to siphon off funds from his Lopera FC.

I would imagine that Del Nido's prison uniform will be red and white and Lolo's green and white. They will make great cellmates!! :D

Er Pichi

8. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
  9. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those two being in the same prison would be the ultimate payback for thier borish behavior over the years.

Anyway, we'll still have Monchi. Who do you have, Pepe Leon? :D

10. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No actually the equivalent to Monchi who unfortunately is from the same home town in Spain as my wife (San Fernando Cadiz) would be Momparlet, Monchi as much as I dislike the guy does have talent in picking out prospective players who rise to stardom, where as Momparlet gives us the likes of Odonkor and now we get Dani 'the borracho" back to help the team get promoted. Unbelievable!! :eek:

Er Pichi

11. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in San Fernando a few weeks ago. Nice town.

OK, then we'll keep Monchi and you continue to listen to your Mom. How's that? :D

12. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    With the season just after the half way mark, what would be your opinions so far about Sevilla's season for those that have got to see many of the matches?:)

13. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Inconsistent.

Can beat Real Madrid and Barcelona but then lose to Racing Santander at home.

14. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    yeah, disappointing home loss.:rolleyes:

15. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Exactly; they can go up against Barca and Real Madrid. and do well in Champions League. The team has been inconsistant towards the end of 09'.

A lose to Getafe, although Soldado played a great game was bad. but a lose to Atletico Madrid was bar far worse.

most weird moment was when Kanoute collided with an opposing player and got that HUGE bump on his head. went to the sidelines, got banded up, and returned to play while the other player was carted of the pitch.

my favorite players have been Navas. If he could just be a little more precise on his crosses, he would be even more of a top player than he already is. Zokora;not noticeable what he does on the pitch but his presence surely fortifies the midfield. and Navarro, who is an imposing player on the left side defensively and offensively and does not give out near the end of matches.

16. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    Ivory Coast's Arouna kone joins Hannover on loan, :) thats a good move for him because he isnt the same player he was with PSV due to the fact that he doesnt play much and now in hannover he will get more playing time and might be able to return to the NT
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12875_5909595,00.html

17. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Can a Sevillista explain to me how Sevilla who is in 4th place in the liga, losing out in the round of 16 in the CL, finalist in the Copa del Rey still manages to boo Jimenez tonite during the last 5 minutes of the CL match against CSKA? :eek:

He's no Juande Ramos but hey you're not in Segunda with Victor Fraudez as your coach or with a buffoon of a President like Lopera stealing the coffers like a drunken sailor!!

I'd be pissing in my pants right about now if Betis were in a similar situation not booing!!

Er Pichi

18. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Personally I wouldn't boo him, although I do believe Sevilla's play was underwhelming last night. I guess in this case it depends on how high you place your bar. Most Beticos place the bar at getting rid of Lopera first, getting to la liga second. Sevillistas expected more from their team then what they got last night.

To me the problem stems more from the del Nido business plan of finding young talent, developing the players to a sellable standard, and selling high. That was needed 10 years ago when Sevilla was saddled with debt. Now, with a couple UEFA Cups and one King's Cup, its time to update that business plan.

The club has gone from over half-empty stadiums at 10 Euros a ticket to a full stadium for nearly every game for up to 60 Euros a ticket in those 10 years. The next step in the process is to keep some of the developed talent and to become buyers, not sellers. The big money is in the product, not the selling of the product. Unfortunately del Nido will never figure that out. Thus the frustration when Sevilla loses to a team they should have beaten.

That, plus Jimenez is no Juande Ramos. :D

19. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    The past 2 months Sevilla has played very erratic. Look at all of the home games and how many they have drawn or even lost. A lot of the core players look down. In yesterdays game the side that Navas was there were yellow cards picked up by the moscow players almost right away, so what did Sevilla do? They pumped long balls up through the center for their forwards. Navas was left to do nothing, they hardly ever looked his way. The game plan sucked and this has been a pattern for a few months now.

Also the state of La Liga is not in its best shape at the moment.

20. Qdog

Qdog Member

May 8, 2002
    Andalusia
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Can't say that we didn't see this coming. In Jimenez defense though there are more problems with the team than just his decisions (although tactics like he used versus CSKA were pretty moronic). I don't see Ramos coming back, he left on a bad note and it still leaves a bit of a sour taste.

22. Benson7

Benson7 New Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Bring back Juande! After all this consistency over the last two years, I just think if we get back Ramos, we will be back to our amazing football, especially with the squad that would be at his disposal!...

Also, could anyone tell me anything, like who to look out for in the Cantera. I mean, I've tried looking on the internet, but there doesn't seem to much info, been on the Sevilla website, but it only says players names, not what they are like :-S, am just really curious, because I know that the Sevilla cantera is regarding second only to Barca! Although there is a striker called Luis Alberto who I believe is quite highly rated. Also heard that Alejandro Alfaro's brother Jesús is supposed to be quite good.

One more thing, can anyone tell me how Trecarichi is doing at huracan?

Cheers

23. espoonborza

espoonborza New Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Is there anyone who knows what time the "taquillas"/ticket windows will be open next week for the tickets of the match Sevilla-At.Madrid (scheduled for 2nd May)..?

I could go to Seville on Wed 28th April, so what time should I be at the Sanchez Pizjuan stadium to get the tickets??

What is the price for the tickets?

Thank you all in advance!

24. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    Well at least we got a trophy to end the season. Sort of a mixed bag season overall but it ended on a high note.