Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by MetroFever, Oct 14, 2003.

1. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    http://www.weather.com/outlook/driv...utherford&lswa=WeatherLocalDriving&whatprefs=

WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM TO 9 PM EDT WEDNESDAY...

WINDS WILL BECOME RATHER STRONG WEDNESDAY AS THEY INCREASE TO BETWEEN 30 AND 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO AROUND 45 MPH. THESE STRONG WINDS WILL LIKELY CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY EVENING HOURS OF WEDNESDAY BEFORE THEY BACK OFF SOMEWHAT....

Those crosses into the box are sure gonna be interesting.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe Beasley will get blown away.

3. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    God knows thornton's fatass won't be

4. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    But big Zack wont be able to change direction as fast as the ball will....

5. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    A WIND ADVISORY IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 900 PM TONIGHT...

STRONG AND GUSTY WEST TO NORTHWEST WINDS WILL CONTINUE THROUGH MUCH OF THE DAY TODAY AND INTO THE EARLY EVENING HOURS. WINDS WILL AVERAGE BETWEEN 25 AND 35 MPH WITH GUSTS TO NEAR 50 MPH FOR MUCH OF THE DAY.

AFTER SUNSET... THE WINDS WILL BEGIN TO SUBSIDE... BUT THEY WILL STILL AVERAGE 20 TO 25 MPH THIS EVENING.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/driving/hourbyhour/USNJ0462?begHour=17&begDay=288

No change as far as the weather report goes.

MLS never seems to luck out when it comes to "big" events. Seems like every MLS Cup is played in a downpour and last year's All Star Game was suspended due to lightning.

Apparently, Mother Nature is not a big soccer fan.

6. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    If people don't come to a game because of 25 mile per hour winds, then MLS is in bigger trouble than I thought. I wouldn't start blaming MLS' attendance problems on weather if I were you to your casual sports fans. They would just laugh.

7. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain Member

May 19, 2002
    I'm going. I wonder if I can get a kite past security.

8. red&black1

red&black1 New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Kearny NJ
    I just chased a garbage can half way down the street.... and it was going uphill!!

9. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our crosses into the box are ALWAYS interesting.

LoL i cringe every time leitch goes forward.

10. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    New song:
    We always win when it's windy...

11. JerzyRebel

JerzyRebel New Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Land of Paulie Walnuts
    Maybe this wind will help someone besides Magee actually get a cross into the box for once.

12. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hope the match is interesting.

Love your comments about us...lol. There will be some DELICIOUS movement on the ball, when someone winds up and blast a shot on goal.

I'm torn tonight do I watch the Cubs or Fire. Both are trying to make history. DAMN, wish I had split screen!

13. Mecra

Mecra New Member

you'll have to watch the cubs, because fox sports world has to show the cubs game for all the spanish speaking people that don't have the sap function on their TV. sucks huh.

14. cmonaco

cmonaco New Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Montreal/NYC
    The USSF has to be happy with how this scheduling worked out. Cubs in Game 7, Yanks in Game 6, the same night of the USOC final featuring teams from both cities. Apparently the Cubs got something like a 70 share in the Chicago market last night. I'm sure it will be more like 80 tonight. Those are ridiculous ratings.

I know it's hard to schedule around all the major sports, but at least MLS did a good job moving the playoffs after baseball ends. There has to be a better time to hold the USOC final. Maybe a week after the MLS Cup final? That would also give the USSF a lot more time to promote the final, without having to move it to a neutral site.

15. KareemSoda

KareemSoda Member

Jan 23, 2003
    Not in NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big friggin deal! I have been known to chase cars down the street... when I am not on my medications.

16. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    All this means is I can't use my charcoal grill and I'll have to sit in the vehicle use a lighter. I don't think the wind will affect my pre-match bottle opening or post-match cork-popping!

17. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    The wind is BAD......Can't wait to see what it does to the ball in the meadowlands tonight......F-ing goal kicks are going to go out of bounds for corner kicks....