Seven killed in Jerusalem Yeshivah

Discussion in 'International News' started by Dave Brull, Mar 6, 2008.

1. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    This is also nice:
    http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3516199,00.html

Hamas flags hanged outside terrorist's home

He apparenty was also a driver who worked in Israel - that's nice.

2. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hi. I'm from Texas, where the Jews are all properly assimilated cowboys and the Arabs all have names like Joe Bob Azkim.

I'm here for an equal opportunity bashing.

All you Jews need to realize that Israel is the only democratic country in the world still practicing an institutionalized form of apartheid.

All you Arabs (and Persians) need to realize that condmemning Israel while defending your own governments' fascist dictatorships make you hypocrisy's bitch.

One more thing: Jewish soccer and Arab (Persians) soccer both suck. HaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

Good day.

3. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now they're trying to copy our school shootings. What's next? The Emirates Air Hebron 500 presented by Manischewitz?

4. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I guess Texas is missing another idiot from some village.

5. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Israel's defintely missing a tough talking Jew who lives in American comfort.

6. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    and yet, it's about as balanced as a brick versus a feather on a scale.

7. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    So supporting Israel while living in America as an American is suddenly wrong? or is it wrong for a Jew to do so here?

I guess it was too much to expect someone not to make dumb ass jokes regarding this event - silly me.

8. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No, calling someone an idiot who is obviously your intellectual superior (that's me) is wrong. The great thing about the Jewish people is that they've always recognized excellence and progress irregardless of race or religion. You're different. You're the shortbus Jew.

9. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    WTF are you babbling now? Look I understand that as long as a Jew is a liberal and agrees with your view, you're OK with that, but hey, if one shows some "unusual" Jew-behavior like standing up and speaking out the truth with aggression, suddenly they are not a real Jew.

Idiot.

10. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would again like to iterate my sad reaction to the murder of innocents at the Yeshivah. They didn't deserve that fate; that others are suffering does not excuse this.

11. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Can we all just learn to get along!

12. Boudster

Boudster New Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Dubai
    Club:
    Palestino Santiago
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Typical Zionist move,asserting that Palestinians are just run of the mill Arabs.Certainly not true.
    Whether they had a unified name or not,'Palestinian Arab' families lived on that land for hundreds if not thousands of years.Palestinian culture is different from that of Syrian,Jordanian and Lebanese.
    You say that the name Palestinian symbolically unites those Arabs living in the holy land,sure,thats true,just like the name "Israeli" unites those Jews living in the holy land.Your argument,therefore, is pointless.

13. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Sure, who wants to go first, you?

14. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    LOL.:)

How many times did you do that till now?

15. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    Sorry, but that first sentence seems a little condescending and maybe a touch racist, though I have no reason at all to think you are racist. I believe they are just poorly chosen words.

I'm troubled by your use of the phrase "in Texas, Jews and arabs are "properly assimilated""

16. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    I realize you were using the last line as a laugh, but What is Jewish soccer? What is Arab (Persians) soccer?

Do you mean Israeli soccer? There are Jews on european teams. Do they suck too? There are Jews on US teams, do they suck too?

You do realize that Arabs and Persians aren't the same thing, don't you?

Do Christian Arab players "not suck" while Muslim Arab players suck or do all Arab players suck?

17. #10 Jersey

#10 Jersey Member

May 2, 1999
    You missed the part about returning Jews to their rightful Dhimmi (second class) status.

You guys always seem to leave that part out of your public conversations. Too bad for you that today's technology allows us to hear what you say to yourselves.

18. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002

Maybe if the Islamic Republic of Iran didn't support Hamas and other terrorist organizations, there would be a much better opportunity for peace. One thing is for sure, the Islamic Republic is promoting killings on both sides.

This particular story is about 8 young people who were murdered, others who were injured, and their families that will suffer terribly for the rest of their lives. I have some family members that might end up studying at a Yeshiva like this some day so this really hits home.

As for the macro stuff, I'll just say that the Jewish people will never become cowards. The people who wish to destroy the Jewish people will fail. And the people who want peace, including many participating in the discussion from various backgrounds, can succeed.

19. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    I am sure they won't till their supply of sophisticated big toys from the US dwindles. :rolleyes:

Palestinian youth jumps onto an Israeli tank during an Israeli raid.

[​IMG]

Let me guess who is brave here? The guy sitting in the tank or the guy who is climbing on it.

20. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    No, never. If anyone is counting on weakening the Jewish spirit, they will fail.

21. Rostam

Rostam Member

Dec 11, 2005
    It's no surprise that a Persian must lead the way to bring a better global understanding. I have already started that journey long ago; it's time for others to jump on this train. :)

22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    1. You are not allowed to use the Zionist word in that context here.
    2. The only pointless thing here is your post.

23. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    How ironic.

24. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    Arabs hate Israel because it's non-Muslim. Atrocities committed by one Moslem regime upon another are overlooked or downplayed. The Palestinians were evicted from Jordan (Black September) & from Kuwait & Saudi Arabia after the first Gulf War.
    Would you concede that the Israeli economy has been heavily pump primed by contributions from the USA & European countries, as well as donations from millions of Jews (& some Christians) around the world?
    Nothing helps like cash. In another thread, there was some discussion about how EU largesse turned Ireland from a poor country into one of the world's wealthiest in short order.
    I've seen arguments that Israel is diverting much water from Palestinian use.
    Don't hate Arabs for their oil! :D
    (edited to be less offensive, objectively and grammatically)
    You have a point. Each side demonizes or minimizes the other. Some deny the historical fact of Israel, others the history of the Palestinians. Progress towards a resolution of the conflict will continue to be slow until both sides show at least some, if not more, respect for each other.
    Sometimes I forget that we're on BigSoccer. :D

25. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I think much of Israel economy does depend on US and European countries, but don't forget how much if it is through all of the developments that Israel has including computer technology, medicine, horticulture, etc - other typical imports and exports. Of course, Israel get a lot from Christians and Jews, but how much do you think they spend on national security? Imagine if they could live like 90% of other nations, in peace with their neighbors.
    Also, much of what Israel gets in military aid just goes back directly to US companies as they have to use American made weaponry, which is fine, but it goes both ways.