Setanta now on AMC-4

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by Paul Sousa, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Paul Sousa

Paul Sousa Member

Sep 18, 2005
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    For those of you who get RTPi via KU FTA satellite pointed at AMC-4, Setanta is now on that satellite as well at frequency 12157V/30000SR in the clear.

Check out http://www.lyngsat.com/amc4.html for more details, its listed right at the bottom of the page.

Enjoy it while it lasts, cheers!

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    My FTA isn't working anymore I have no idea what's wrong with it. I need a satellite guy to come and have a look.

3. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It probably been affected by N3. Its like a new program that blocks "us" from viewing FTA. It has been in affect for about 1 year. But if u have AMC-4 u should be able to get RTPi and Setanta.

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    No my problem is the signal quality on my FTA.

5. Viva Portugal

Viva Portugal Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Toronto - GTA
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    umm whats ur quality?..it should show a percent. Or mayb u need to do a channel scan. Because sometimes if u do a channel scan it ends up being alright.

6. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    0%, tried everything I need a professional.

7. Paul Sousa

Paul Sousa Member

Sep 18, 2005
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Before that, you might try simply replacing the lnb.

This is what it looks like: http://images.google.ca/images?rlz=...=chrome&q=lnb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

A normal FTA sat uses a lnb like this. I would suggest taking off your lnb first and heading over to your local sat store to get an identical replacement so you don't have to fiddle with the receiver settings.

You might be out 10 to 20 bucks, but it's pretty straight forward to replace and it might save you some money rather then calling a professional.

If it's out of alignment, and you have some time on your hands, realigning it isn't too difficult if you are so inclined.

All this is assuming you are using a smaller KU band satellite, not the c-band monstrosites like this one. :)

Considering how cold it is outside though, you might just wanna pay the man to do it for you. :D

8. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If it was for sure the lnb I would go ahead and get it but I'm not sure the quality started going bad reception wise then the picture went black completly a week later. The dish is KU and I had it for 3 years with no problems.

I doubt the dish is out of alignment because I was still getting a strong signal just no quality.

9. Paul Sousa

Paul Sousa Member

Sep 18, 2005
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    If you have good Signal Strength, but no Signal Quality, that's a sign that it is out of alignment.

The only thing Signal Strength tells you is that a lnb is connected, Signal Quality relates to dish alignment.

10. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    ahh well then I don't know how the dish got out of alignment it faced some rediculous storms and went out pretty much during a very calm week. I was sure up till now it was anything but that, since nothing disturbed the dish.

So it's not the lnb. Still need a pro to realign.

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sentanta is also being offered on my digital cable provider as well. Looks like they managed to restructure their debt and their strategy and aren't going to go under after all. Damn it. At least ESPN bought a handful of their rights.

12. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Setanta was always available in North America this year. In Europe they are done.

13. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey Paul, is Setanta still available on AMC 4???

14. Paul Sousa

Paul Sousa Member

Sep 18, 2005
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Sure is.

15. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    New York, NY, January 27th, 2010 – Setanta Sports has today announced that it has reached an agreement with Fox Soccer Channel to transfer select programming rights, including many premium soccer and rugby events. Fox Soccer Channel will acquire these rights effective March 1, 2010.

Setanta Sports also announced that it will cease broadcasting its channel in the United States and the Caribbean on February 28th 2010.

For the remainder of January and throughout February, Setanta will continue to broadcast normally and will feature its usual line up of top games from the Barclays Premier League, FA Cup, UEFA Champions League, Heineken Cup, Magners League and Guinness Premiership.

16. Sporting#1

Sporting#1 Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    RIP Setanta, how could it all go so wrong?

18. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    They couldn't be expected to pay so much for rights yet charge only $15 per month. Eventually the bubble had to bust...

19. IslandBoy

IslandBoy Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Montreal, Canada
    I personally subscribe to SETANTA (via BELL) but my brother in law, who use to catch it via AMC-4 no longer does?

Is it still available? I guess not anymore since they pulled out of the US?

20. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    $15 a month is a lot considering how many people bought Setanta including bars. Where they screwed up was not having other programming to sell to advertisers. Hell they were there only advertisers it made no sense.