Serving two masters.....

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by crusio, Nov 23, 2004.

1. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    MLS is an enclave for the soccer mom and the youth team. Kids, are the leagues biggest demographic. Chivas, with their throngs of supposid supporters, will be introduced to MLS next season. Can these two groups co-exist? Will the passionate Chivas supporter embrace cheering amongst a sea of disinterested 10 year old children? Will the soccer mom feel at home in a profanity filled section of sometimes drunk hard-core supporters? Will MLS be able to market to and satisfy these two distinctly different sects. Can Major League Soccer serve two masters or will they eventually have to choose just one?

2. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

It's a big country. If the Chivas fans don't like it they can bake a cake for all I care. If the soccer moms don't like it they can break out the Betty Crocker too.

But will it work? Sure. I don't think soccer moms ever had any real illusions that profanity doesn't exist at a professional sporting event, or that the purists had doubts that this would be the American game, complete with an American atmosphere beyond the extent which the individual fan cannot control.

3. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't worry about Chivas fans running over Soccer Moms. Soccer moms are tough and will be very quick to defend their off-spring.

4. cosmojado

cosmojado Member

Oct 18, 2002
    in sin
    soccer moms can _____ off!

5. Rocket

Rocket Member

Aug 29, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More like the bratty kids of soccer moms can _____ off.

The soccer moms themselves can be pretty hot :)

[​IMG]

6. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Man, I really dont think Chivas is going to DRAW that many supporters. I guess we'll see..