Seriously, now. Which clubs should go down?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Catfish, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    Wolves will go. They must go. They are so poor. Leeds are a sinking ship and sinking fast - potential Sheffield Wednesday? Spurs - maybe they will get the chance to turn it round under a coach who actually has a clue - but that is flawed by the fact that they need to find someone first. lol. I think in the new year , Leicester may be found out.

Wolves, Leeds, Leicester.

As for no club being too big to go down. As much as we might like to see United and Arsenal relegated, don't think that possibility will arise for quite some time.

2. Doctor Stamen

Doctor Stamen New Member

Nov 14, 2001
    In a bag with a cat.
    16. Blackburn
    17. Bolton (again)
    --------------------------
    18. Leeds
    19. Leicester
    20. Wolves

That's my choice at the moment.

3. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    at least we agree.

bye-bye Leeds. And Peter Reid is staying.

4. Old Island

Old Island New Member

Oct 2, 2003
    London
    I'd like to see Bolton go down purely because Sam Allerdyce if big mouthed, fat, ugly shite

5. playdeep

playdeep New Member

Sep 18, 2001
    wolves for sure

bolton has been 1st divsion for a while, and need to go

leeds should be shot now

darkhorse: watch nufc depending on current rumors

6. thisisanfield

thisisanfield New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    to be honest i think they should send wolves back down now... just void all results theyve already played, give em a couple of million quid compensation and send them back where they came from...

I just know theyre going to lose 5-0 to everyone and then get a ruddy away win at anfield to cost us a champions league spot...

and thats all theyre going to do all year...

make that a new premiership rule... team thats bottom of the league on christmas day gets relgated there and then, and team thats top of the first on xmas day gets promoted there and then... (and then all refuse to play man utd so theyve only played one game by xmas)

make starting the season well more important.. :)

7. thisisanfield

thisisanfield New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    hmmmm... and they said that about sunderland, west ham, nottingham forest....

wenrt man city to big to be in the first division not so long ago... :)

8. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    that's why we spent a season in the 2nd.

9. thisisanfield

thisisanfield New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    ROFLMAO

10. Omlas

Omlas New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Newcastle

Has anyone mentioned by beloved Newcastle.

I think things are going to be very hard this season and they aren't going to get much of a break from the opposition fans.

11. thisisanfield

thisisanfield New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    oh.. its assumed that newcastle will do poorly, but unlike wolves who we all want to see put out of there misery as quickly as possible, the season wouldnt be the same without a bit of geordie bashing...

Although last nights bit of german patriotism in my front room aimed at the dirty mancs cheered me up an awful lot...

Theres only one thing better than liverpool winning..... Man Utd losing.. :)

12. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Nicephoras:

Veron playing in first division,
    LOL!

* Maybe you should take a little caviar and vodka, you Chelski loser! How many goals for Besikstas, eh?

So far in the League, you've been lucky.
    My teams have been consistent (-ly bad).

Chelsea should go down so that Roman sells it to Bill Gates. Can Bill bring them out of relegation?

Relegated:
    Leeds, Wolverhampton, Newcastle (Yikes)
    At least no one has mentioned Pompey as a sure shot.

13. accidental_giraffe

accidental_giraffe New Member

Nov 2, 2003
    Edinburgh
    I have a question.... how many people that use these boards are insane?? Newcastle lose a couple of games at the very start of the year and suddenly everybody says they're gonna be relegated? Can't see it myself, and suprise suprise, they've turned it round and are doin pretty well... for the drop I think it'll be Leeds (poor old Leeds, good fans, crap situation), Pompey are sliding horribly at the mo but I think they'll survive.
    If Leicester can lose to Wolves after being 3-0 up then they should be relegated now!!
    And Wolves should go simply due to the fact their team belongs in the mid-90's
    Ince et al...

14. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    It takes a realist to admit this. As much as I hate to think it, because if it happens the club's head will be on the chopping block, but it's a very real possibility that Leeds will go down this year. Then if we do badly in Div. 1, extinction is a near certainty. With the way we're playing now, we're going to get relegated. We need to improve, and fast.

It's a shame because even though we've lost a lot of players, we're still a quality side.

The days of 10 week unbeaten streaks, beating Anderlect and Real Madrid, and making Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, and Chelsea look like schoolboys seem so long ago now...:(

18. Leeds
    19. Leceister
    20. Wolverhampton

15. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Hola, from Texas

It's been so long since I entered this board, what's the topic? Relegation?
    Who knows. Leicester won this weekend.
    I feel bad for Leeds, have a soft spot for them. If they did get relegated, I'm sure the remaining clubs would buy out most of the players?

I think Peter Reid needs to get sacked before that happens. They don't want to do it because maybe that would mean they'd have to get Glenn Hoddle!

16. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d New Member

Oct 31, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Maybe sacking Reid is the right thing to do, I dunno. I do know that I was plum surprised when he was the guy who replaced Venables. If we do sack Reid, though, that means we'll have fired three managers in 18 months, and not even given Reid a full season in charge. It's weird though. Usually Reid is the king is stabilizing clubs for the long climb back up from desparity.

But, given our situation now, who would come in to replace him? A year ago, we were still a top draw, and any manager in Europe would've come in to give managing our rising stars a shot. Now we're a club that's lost morale, and our will to play.

Glen Hoddle it is, I guess. It's definitely not Martin O'Neill.

and to think we'd never would've been in this position if Venables had lived up to his hype, or, more rightly, if Ridsdale and our braindead PLC board didn't treat him like crap.

17. jmpike

jmpike New Member

Sep 29, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    There still may be some hope!

There's a conspiracy (lurking in my living room). Actually I tried to follow the Leeds saga when O'Leary was sacked, but not that closely (I'm 4,000 kms away). Back then, Leeds was like Parma, all the good young players that eventually move to bigger clubs. There was no particular reason for Leeds to be so much in debt - well there was, and I think it's partly the board's expenses and O'Leary's transfers. But WHY on Earth let him go when Leeds made it to Fourth place and Champs League? Then it was downhill since then.

Later I heard all kinds of rumours, that the players are big partiers, Eirich Bakke arrested for drunk driving twice in one year, Jody Morris on rape suspicion (serial rapist?), Alan Smith out of the England squad - and Reid seems unable to control them.

Before they played Arsenal, I thought there would be some hope. But during the game, everyone seemed happy, especially Pennant!

18. osme

osme New Member

Jul 31, 2003

do you realise what an embarrasment you are to all true liverpool fans.

19. Manutd19cm

Manutd19cm New Member

Nov 11, 2003
    USA
    Here are your relegation champs

Wolves- lets face it, no one likes Molineux or their jerseys

Blackburn- yes it is early, but everything is going wrong at Ewood Park, they are missing Duff

Villa- not enough striking options, all around a below par club

20. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Re: Re: Dude...

You broke the rules by knocking an aflicted club. Now look what you done. Everton in 18 place...Gulp.!

21. chocolate

chocolate New Member

Oct 25, 2003
    milwaukee, WI
    tottenham, wolves and MB

22. Random

Random New Member

May 20, 2002
    N4 again
    Leeds, Leicester, Wolves go down.

And that would be the end of Leeds.

It's hard to admit, because we've had so many dour bloody battles against them, but football would miss Leeds.

They might be humourless violent racists, but they're a proper football team. If you know what I mean.