Serious question--any opinions welcome

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by ohyeah, Nov 7, 2007.

1. ohyeah

ohyeah New Member

Nov 10, 2005
    this question is for anyone who has any knowledge at all of the quality of play at the different levels of the U.K. leagues pyramid

here is the question; If a team of AVERAGE JUNIOR COLLEGE AMERICAN Soccer players played a couple of friendlies in the UK next summer what level would be their equal??

I know it would be several notches below Conference but how many levels below--thanks--any educated opinions welcome.....

2. stpaul

stpaul New Member

Sep 3, 2006
    Anfield pitch
    I would suggest that they play independents, like Chester, etc. Additionally, in Wales there are the Welsh Schoolboys teams; I would suggest a JuCo not playing them; however, play any of the other Welsh teams. I've been in the UK with youth teams from the US that included some high level college players when they were in high school and have seen them get spanked by Second Division teams. I would suggest working with some ex-pats from the UK to set up games, etc. They will know who and how to set up games and should be able to get tours of Anfield, etc.

3. Marchetti

Marchetti Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Chicago->STL->Denver
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    To be honest, I think a JuCo team could compete with a Premiership side.....'s U-18 team.

But seriously, if you take a JuCo team to the UK, I would think you could probably put together some fixtures versus any club willing to listen. If you could get Arsenal to listen, then go for it. Just realize that they will probably send out their youth club.. which is not bad competition.

4. oldguyfc

oldguyfc New Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Chicago
    The USASA took their "National Amateur Team" to Ireland this last summer and played 2 games against the "Irish National Amateur Team".
    You might do well to contact your state USASA office to find out some details of that trip.

BTW, the US team had 2 wins, both shutouts.