SERIE A - Week 13 - Torino vs Milan pre/dur/post match [R] 11-23-08

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by Campioni_2006, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    With Inter playing Juventus, we could find ourselves back on top with a win here.

Please, let's win convincingly, and with no penalty calls.

FORZA MILAN

2. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    kaka had a good match for brazil, but he might be fatigued with jetlag for this one. also, galliani said he expects pirlo back, but i am guessing for a bench role as he tries to slowly work back into form

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    yeah I'm surprised Brazil actually played a friendly in Brazil for once. Hopefully Kaka isn't too tired...

4. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  5. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala

6. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Just start two strikers!!

Kaka rest bring on if we need, Ronaldinho on for full 90.

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=3288

ancelotti's press conference

Translation:

The match with torino: "It is normal to be talking more about inter-juve this weekend, but we will not underestimate torino. we have to continue to play well away from home, like against lecce, but get a better result. The draws against cagliari and lecce? We encountered two clubs who were in great form at that moment. In torino we will find a tense atmosphere as the fans are very passionate. The injury doubts? Nesta and borriello are out for sure, we will evaluate zambrotta's neck problem today to determine his status. Kaka? He will play, he has no problems relative to his match with the selecao. I must say that the condition of the squad is good and in the next few matches we can rotate different players, in the last matches we are improving and our growth is well-aimed."

The return of andrea pirlo: "Pirlo has great abilities in the construction of play, and he gives us an additional alternative in the final third as well. Rino in his place did well, but pirlo has characteristics that are fundamental to our play like his long passing. I do not believe that his return will unbalance our defense. he is in good condition and can start from the beginning."

The inter-juve match: "I do not believe you can predict that outcome. both squads are rivals for the scudetto. The table is very balanced and I do not believe anyone will run away from the pack."

Your relationship with 'dinho: "I've lgot along well with 'dinho in our time together, [his transfer] was a pleasant surprise for me."

The offense: "The attack is not scoring much? We have had to rotate a lot and this has had an affect on the players. Sheva? Seems to me he is reaching a good condition finally, and he is ready to start playing at a high level. Unfortunately for him, we are a squad with lots of competition, and he had two tough years with lots of inactivity, he's put himself to work and is getting much better though. Also, ronaldinho is re-finding his condition and form, thanks to his desire and the positive results on the pitch. Pato? He is an important player, but with unique characteristics. Pato, kaka, and dinho can't always play together. He prefers to float out wide but he is working on becoming a central striker. He prefers to go out wide and impose himself from the flanks but we need central movement. Borriello? He will be back in a week. I don't know yet if he will be ready for the uefa cup clash this week."

The condition of janks and senderos: "I don't believe we have made any errors with respect to senderos. Sure, he has lost some time with his new teammates at the back, but now he is ready. janks? he is in very good form, he always plays well when he is fit."

--------------------------------------------------------------

So, pirlo back, pato still going through growing pains to learn how to be more effective centrally but has the full belief and backing of the coach, borriello should be back in a week, and senderos is ready to go as well.

Forza milan!

8. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  9. Campioni_2006

Campioni_2006 New Member

Aug 15, 2006
    TORINO-MILAN: I CONVOCATI DI CARLO ANCELOTTI
    22/11/2008

Questi i 20 convocati di Carlo Ancelotti per la gara contro il Torino:
    Abbiati, Dida, Kalac, Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Maldini, Senderos, Emerson, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Kakà, Pato, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho.

Giocatori indisponibili: Nesta, Zambrotta, Ambrosini, Cardacio, Borriello

10. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  11. Luca03

Luca03 Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    We need a win today. We are the only ones close to Inter, and I don't want to see us get further away from Inter.

Forza Milan!

12. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Must win and preferably by more then 1-0.

Napoli through away 3 points in the 90th minute lets take advantage.

13. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    pirlo is starting and bonera over antonini

abbiati

bonera--maldini--kaladze--janks

gattuso--pirlo--seedorf

ka-pa-ro

forza rossoneri

14. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If its still 0-0 by Halfway need a 2nd striker put on.

15. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Oh God.
    1-0, Torino.....

16. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thats what they get for just walking at the torino defenders. no pace to the attack whatsoever

17. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Patoooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    1-1.

18. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  19. Kufibear

Kufibear New Member

May 7, 2007
    Holland
    Dinhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
    1-2!!
    GREAT free kick.

20. kckal

kckal New Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Valparaíso, Chile
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ronaldinho. goal. hell. fvkin. yeah.

21. TheGrimSweeper

Jul 16, 2006
    Toronto,Canada
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ronaldinhhhooooooooooooooooooo

22. shalom82

shalom82 New Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Oh my. This really is going to be an interesting season.
    Especially if this was the goal Pato needed to finally start playing to potential.

23. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    you see the "touch" on gattuso's pass...lol, that was rifled at pato, nice composure by the youngster to settle that and finish cooly. his movement across the line is nice to see as well.

two steps forward, one step back, two steps forward...we just gotta have patience with him. the free kick by dinho was top-notch.

24. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  25. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    awesome. he is starting to slowly get back to old days even faster than I thought... *knock on wood*

1-2 ht. after the goal by torino we played really well I felt, had lots of possession and built up our attacks well and with purpose...hopefully we can keep it up, get the third and sub kaka and pirlo so they don't strain something or get too fatigued.