Serie A Thread 19/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, at least we were not terrible today.

2. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    It's pretty sad when you get used to this team losing to inferior talent, but yet, here we are.

3. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We need to hit the reset button. Giuntoli, Gattuso and half the team need to leave ASAP

4. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It would if been nice if we had faith in Zapata.

Euphorius Thor repped this.
  5. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah, but it is difficult. Sts patience is the best thing you can have in football, but you can see just as clearly as anybody else that it is often lacking, especially in football. It's funny, because it can cost you, like selling the better striker at a loss and buying an over-priced one who will may even turn out to be a very bad investment. Yet it is understandable, as football is a melting pot of emotions, so patience is hardly ever possible.

6. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He had two seasons, and showed he could score, so I'm not sure what they saw. We could all see the physical gifts were there. Everyone's favorite manager didn't rate him, and was happy with Mertens and an oft-injured Milik instead.

7. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rumor is that Gattuso will be on till the summer regardless of position. If this is true it means that ADL is prepared to sacrifice CL

A new coach will be hired in the summer. Either we will see a return of Sarri, or ADL will make a push for De Zerbi or Italiano.

There is no confirmation of Benitez as a sporting director. Maybe ADL will also consider Petrachi

8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    No CL will mean a sell-off is in the cards.

9. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And much needed sell off.

IMO teams needs to part with Insigne and k2

Sacki repped this.
  10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    imagine all the scudetto we'd have won if Insigne wasn't there. I still remember how useless and wasteful he was Under Sarri; while every other player tried their very best to not only carry the twat but also to make him look world-class.

IMO this is the only season where Insigne is playing for his team.

Il Ciuccio, tripwire and Euphorius Thor repped this.
  11. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    And he is still not very good at it, as he still tries a bit too hard to do it himself. I understand that it is natural considering what people think about him and what he thinks about himself, but still, it pisses me off.

I maintain my troubles with coaches, as I don't think they are the main issue. Just look at hipster, he was doing well before and with an inferior team, but what had he done with Cagliari before they fired him? That team should have played 10 thousand times better...

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Disagree with you all on Insigne.

He is good. Should not be a captain and not guaranteed a spot but we have bigger problems.

Bedelcigil repped this.
  13. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    He is not terrible, but he is no Lozano, or Mertens; moreover, he is the captain, and therefore he has to be assessed as such. If you are supposed to lead your team in the most difficult games and moments, and you continuously perform terribly in exactly those moments, you cannot be the captain. I agree with you that as a player he is decent, but we have been discussing precisely the discrepancy between his situation in our team and his quality.

The only player that I liked continuously this season was Lozano. To have one such player is a disaster. It's even worse than having Ronaldo taking all the free kicks, which we all know is cataclysmic enough.

14. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    What laziness by Insigne. Why even drift into the way? Would have been a goal.

15. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, at least Insigne can disallow goals, now even in the easier games... What should have been a great goal was turned into a pathetic moment by our captain. What had he done before that? Thank God for Mertens' positioning and luck.

16. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nice going K2

17. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Who was saying that about the quality of this team? They have minds of little children, and the stupid ones...

18. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    A win is a win

19. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    That is true, but the behaviour of many of our players is unacceptable.

20. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    K2 was treading on thin ice, and got away with a tug before his eventual second yellow. The play by Insigne on the Zielinski goal was appalling. He was actually jogging into the shot path like he was oblivious there was a match going on.

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We need to win next two games.

Bedelcigil repped this.
  22. Ciro Di Marzio

Ciro Di Marzio Member+

SSC Napoli
    Canada
    Jun 28, 2019
    Scampia
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Are you guys seriously too lazy to make a 2020/21 league thread?

We've hit new lows on and off the field ..

CarecaNapoli, Sacki and indestructible repped this.
  23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its been a fcked up year.

CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    we're all stuck in the past

CarecaNapoli and Ciro Di Marzio repped this.
  25. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I'm not, I'm just too lazy. There was this one time I even started a mutiny against God on this starship called Earth, by simply refusing to acknowledge and thus perform the tedious and time-consuming activities of the carnal body. Taking shits especially, as the sensational reward is far weaker than that of the relief of urine. It was a terrible business, but I fought bravely.