Serie A Thread 19/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Top assister and top runner for us? He can be a squad player, but no way the others are better

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    How zielinski gets to play 90 minutes is beyond me. I can't even say he's a bang average player, obviously he is skillful, but he produces or creates nothing.

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Not to mention how biased the ref and var has been today

4. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I would like to apologize to the polish donkey I previously compared to Milik

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You are too harsh on Zielinski and he could have taken them off because players are tired playing every few days.

Gattuso is much better than Ancelotti and the games are enjoyable.

I agree there is no excuse for playing Ospina and not sure what has happened to Allan.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is too old and his salary is too high.

Politano is garbage. We need a proper right winger next season.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I like his skill but agree he needs to become more effective.

8. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Milik and Politano are the biggest joke and we need to get rid of them asap. They add absolutely nothing.

Given their salary and ages I want to see Ospina and Callejon gone too.

Petagna is useless as well.

Not sure what to do with Lozano.

9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #84 Sacki, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    Can you please elaborate? I'm of the opinion you should earn your position, not just get favored for unexplainable reasons. We know Allan is better defensively, what many might not know is that Allan actually scores, gets involved in attack and assists just as many at the same time when he is playing in that forward midfield role. On paper and on the pitch zielinski is a passenger to the other 4 players in attack.

Edit: don't forget no Napoli player has played as much as zielinski this season

10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Not sure why he was signed, if he is gonna play for napoli that is. But I rather have 35 million euro and him over milik any day

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Gattuso can work if you we can't sign someone better willing to play the same system. We just gotta strip him of the shit players so he can't play them.

Edit: what I mean by shit players are players that offer nothing, like politano and Milik

12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I would play Elmas. Allan has been horrible since the PSG rumors.

But Zielinski has talent. I hope he starts using his brain.

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Another Inglese. He will be sold. No way we keep him.

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Again where are you getting this from?
    He hasn't been as world class yes, but horrible? Firstly he has been played out of position most the time, secondly he in fact has come on and changed games for us - even by scoring. When has he been horrible? He delivers to the least a stable 7/10 performance, he just hasn't been much better than that recently. This does in no way justify suggesting elmas or zielinski are better - Allan plays for the Brazilian national team, those two wouldn't even get a call up.

Furthermore Allan stabilizes the midfield allowing for us to keep more players forward.

It's all a balancing question, you cannot have luxury players like elmas, zielinski and ruiz on at the same time and expect results every 3 days.

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    This is why we can't create chances to score more than 1-2 goals per game.

I think this idea of playing ultra deep full backs, being compact, and not pressuring high, is a way to protect the weak midfield we have. With Jorginho and Allan previously we had two great ball winners, now we have none, so we try to just sit deep and wait for the opponent to disposses themselves with a bad pass. This also means we have to start attacks from deep almost all the time

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    You need to get rid of your biases. Just because you're not a fan, doesn't mean you shouldn't objectively hold up a players strengths to their weaknesses. What is about zielinski that is so mesmerizing to you? Because to me he just moves the ball from A to B without ever getting dangerous. He then proceeds to run around like a headless chicken and when given the ball he will either spin like a donkey or try a 40 yard shot. He might even try the odd key pass, but he isn't good enough to execute it properly.

Look at how Fabian gets involved, THAT is how zielinski should play. Especially when Fabian isn't on the pitch

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The few times I've seen him he has looked like a better version of milik. Literally does the same but better.

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I said the same last year. Would have preferred him

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Let me respond to some of your comments.

1. Zielinski
    I agree I am biased. He is one of the few players that brings skill and excitement and I like that.

I also think if he improves his decision making he will become much better. Let’s see if Gattuso manages change him.

I agree with you he is often frustrating.

2. Fabian
    We both agree he is critical and world class. Without him the team lacks ideas forward

3. Allan
    He is still amazing but not what he used to be. Most sources claim he wants to leave.

I also think with Demme/Lobotka deep, and both fullbacks more defensive we need another ball winer for balance.

I think we need more creative midfielders under Gattuso.

4. Tactics
    Sarriball is the type of football I like. But he is gone and I hated Ancelotti from day one because he is a fraud and has no ideas. He will fail at Everton.

Gattuso believes in passing football. His approach is more physical, defensive and focus Is on defensive passes to open up space. The football is no Sarriball but I take that over what most other coaches produce and Gattuso brings heart and passion.

Unfortunately, I don’t see where Allan will play under him. He played him in the Demme/Lobotka position but it did not fit Allan. Add to it his age, ADL wanting to make money and rumors about Allan being offered much higher wages, realistically I cannot see him stay.

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree it is too defensive and it explains well why we score so little. But let’s see what he does for a year. He will get a contract so no point being annoyed.

It is critical we get strikers and midfielders that can create something out of nothing.

Sacki repped this.
  22. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    I'm surprised you guys want Callejon out. I think he embodies the ethos of the team well. He's a good little soldier to have. If his salary isn't over demanding and he's willing to play from the bench then he's worth keeping.

Sacki repped this.
  23. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #99 tripwire, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Callejon has an uncomparable work rate compared to the bench. He gets into good positions, and plays smart most of the time. He lacks any scoring touch, or else the guy would be an amazing player IMHO.

Sacki repped this.
  24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If we don't replace him, I don't want him out but he is ona decline and this seems to be another Maggio renewal.