Serie A Thread 19/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Lozano might be the worst Serie a player this season. Not even kidding. It's like a 14 year old girl on the pitch

2. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    He is embarrassing. Never was a fan but thought he would be as bad as Politano is. Not this bad.

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lobotka had a good game. His control reminds me of Jorginho. His passing doesn’t.

Milik needs to go. We need a top striker. Mertens in less than 20 min produced more.

Overall we lack creativity. That is Gattuso’a flaws and our shortcomings in attack and on the right wing.

Sacki repped this.
  4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    I couldn't watch the game, but I watched it yesterday. Lobotka was good, but sts his positioning in the offensive phase was uncertain and he seemed like he did not know where to stand or where to move. His positioning regarding the defensive phase was impressive to say the least. The comparison of passing is not exactly a good one, imo, as Jorgi also took quite a bit of time to get there, and our football is not exactly the same with Gattuso. We now use quick exchanges between two players more often to get out of tight places or overall to attack. We also use short lobs that seem intentional, and all of it is surprisingly effective and impressive, I must say.

However, we are occasionally careless in midfield and lose the ball stupidly, which is bad, for one occasion is enough in football. Our efficacy is still terrible, and this aspect needs to change. Mertens seems to be the only player capable of scoring goals consistently. Others can barely manage scoring sparingly.

Politano has not yet gotten enough of the ball, but when he was on it he seemed dangerous. Lozano will probably be a flop, but there is still the chance that he simply could not adapt in a team that had a thousand difficulties, which sounds plausibly real. Try coming into a team that can hardly do anything for the 1st time and play like a god. That's impossible. Gattuso needs to fix our bull before he can experiment with Lozano. I hope that's true, because if not, then we will have lost money once he leaves, if there isn't a team willing to pay for the past fame of a player...

5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree with most of what you say

6. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Are we not playing today or what? I was looking forward to this shit and some Chinese snakes or whatever just screw it all up.

Stay strong brothers, for this shit bothers everything greatly. I think we should all stop going to work as a safety measure but the possibility of dying has never been a reasonable cause for some free time. We can all feel like the miners of sulfur now! In fact, they are probably better off now, as the virus would never have been so stupid as to try and survive close to a volcano full of sulfur, but the human thirst for easy profit always finds a way to employ cheap labor out of its desperation and shorten their lifespan by at least a decade; if they're lucky.

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #32 Sacki, Mar 9, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
    we are not playing for a whule i guess. cant find a game either

EDIT: we are playing Friday

8. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Not anymore. All sports are effectively suspended until the 3rd of April.

9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    might as well end the league here. Let Juvenuts and Lazio battle for the scudetto in a final or something

10. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Yeah, but that will only solve 1 problem. Overall there is no way to end it with justice and at the same time consider the position of all teams.

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hundreds of people die every day in Italy, who cares?
    Screw the clubs, and especially screw the owners.

So we didn't get top 4, but no one forced us to hire Ancelotti and go with whatever he says despite us already having a top team in a top and modern system.

12. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, that's one way to look at it and I do not really feel the necessity to challenge it, but just for fun, I'll share this with you, if you have not yet stumbled upon it:

"Balotelli dice che non vuole giocare per il coronavirus? Non mi interessa di Mario, lui parla per finire sui giornali e far parlare di sé. Il nostro è un lavoro, anche se guadagniamo tanti soldi. Noi ci possiamo permettere di non giocare e stare a casa. Ma chi va in fabbrica ogni giorno per 1000 euro al mese? Chi ha un'attività ed è costretto a lavorare ogni giorno rischiando la propria salute per dare da mangiare alla famiglia? Dovremmo giocare solo per essere solidali con queste persone, per dire che siamo al loro fianco, che siamo tutti uguali. Basta privilegi nel calcio, perché il calcio è della povera gente. Non di chi fa soldi pubblicizzando la propria immagine."

- Mirko Valdifiori risponde a Balotelli nell'intervallo di Parma - Spal ai microfoni di Giancarlo Mughetto di SportWebTV

Now this is some real shit. Glad he was with us, if only for a little while. The sad part is that it was the fans who transformed the players into what they are today, so that at least a little bit of solidarity seems like an unreal message emanating out of the center of a black hole...

Sacki repped this.
  13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I don't speak Italian, I'm way too stupid to learn a new language. :D

14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    You're not stupid, or rather, we are all stupid. :D In one way or another. Anyway, I don't speak Italian either, I speak Spanish but the similarities aren't so great as to allow me to read the post from above properly, so I used google translate. It did the job.

"Balotelli says he doesn't want to play for the coronavirus? I don't care about Mario, he talks about ending up in the newspapers and making people talk about himself. Ours is a job, even if we earn a lot of money. We can afford not to play and stay at home. But who goes to the factory every day for 1000 euros a month? Who has an activity and is forced to work every day risking their health to feed the family? We should play only to be in solidarity with these people, to say that we are by their side, that we are all equal. No more privileges in football, because football belongs to poor people. Not to those who make money by advertising their image. "

- Mirko Valdifiori responds to Balotelli in the Parma interval - Spal to the microphones of Giancarlo Mughetto of SportWebTV

15. PrimeDona

PrimeDona Member

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Oct 19, 2019
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Stay safe Napoli fam, health is the most important thing in life, football comes 2nd

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Well, but seeing what's been going on in shops, if this really gets out of hand, the poor people will die, for the rich will get the things they need, and the poor will just repeat the cycle of history...

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    This is what happens when your waste 45 minutes trying to set up politano and Insigne to do something individually. They both are not good enough to be attacking wingers on this level

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I knew this was gonna happen btw. They just let us play for the first half before they start using energy in the second. Both callejon and Lozano are and have been way better than politano, so why the ******** are they not playing. Their pace would have damaged Atalanta big time

19. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Also Rui and Di Lorenzo have no case being picked over Hysaj and ghoulam week in week out, especially Rui who has been dogshit for two years now

20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Gattuso has done well, but he is not the manager to turn this around. Every time we won its because our defenders are better than theirs, mixed with the fact they have to make mistakes before we can score. We don't actually create any decent chances ourselves, it's more randomness that lead to out goals

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Agree.

22. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I also want Politano gone. I was happy we did not get him last season and unhappy we got him this year.

We all shit on Lozano but he is far superior to Politano.

Sacki repped this.
  23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hopefully this means more playing time to Allan, ghoulam and lobotka. What they offer, to the least, is all useful, even on a bad day.

This ruiz and Zielinski midfield pairing is useless when we don't have the ball. Pick one, sell the other. I definitely think ruiz is more productive

24. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Lozano has come back in better physical shape. Hats off for that at least

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    ******** me Lozano looks better than insigne 1 on 1 now. Despite insigne having picked up his play recently