Serie A Thread 19/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    How do you win a league when shit like this keeps happening

2. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    By taking the win and then concentrating on the chances you always miss and the ending that you colossally screw up...

3. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I am fed up.

4. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Our appeal was rejected, but after I have perused the strategy we had selected, I am not surprised, for we had built it on a precarious foundation of faith in humanity. We think that we can argue outside of protocol and present the court with such heavenly arguments as health above rule, safety above money, commons sense and reason above bureaucracy.

This strategy is too reliant on coincidence and pure luck, for our only chance is that we will encounter a judge and jury who can still think, empathize, and understand humanity. Such people are scarce these days, especially where we purpose to find them. I am really not too convinced by either the president or the lawyer in this respect. I sort of think this shows perfectly that our president deals with movies, and has either hired a lawyer as a brainless puppet, or a lawyer that's more into movies than reality.

Sacki repped this.
  5. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It seems ADL was advised to not make a fuss. We need to start a media war.

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Poor start. Milan dominating.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What a joke this league is.

8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Di Lorenzo just go away. A sitter

9. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    And Lozano is a moron

10. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    We have the better players... They have the better system and manager.

Don't know why anyone would sit deep against Milans slow ass attack... And we have k2 and manolad who can outrun almost anyone

11. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mertens disappointing. Insigne garbage.

13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Not reluctant to say they both have been garbage tbh. 1st halfs 2 worst players

14. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mario Rui needs to go

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Pathetic approach with a pathetic manager. Clearly the players have no clue what to do in order to create chances.
    It seems Gattusos plan is a coincidental goal.
    It's easy: force them to sit deep and play Petagna. At least that plan makes sense

16. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    His plan was to sit deep himself and play on the counter. The thing is you don't wanna invite this Milan team with zlatan into your box, that's suicide

17. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I just noticed now, we're playing at home. Omfg this is a terrible performance

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    If we're gonna lose I hope we lose 4 or 5-0
    We simply cannot have Gattuso as our manager anymore. Sarri is available, get going

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Gattuso needs to go.

20. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  21. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Bakayoko played a good game, don't blame him. Unfortunate with the terrible pitch today

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Insigne is like having a small child on the pitch.

Anyways, Gattuso out

23. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I supported Gattuso and hoped he can get there. He needs to leave. This team will bot finish top 4 with him.

24. SF19

SF19 Member+

Jun 8, 2013
    Napoli could face player revolt with squad, boss Gennaro Gattuso and staff ‘not paid ANY wages’ so far this season

Here we go again?

I do agree Sarri is the better manager, but I really respect Gattuso on a personal level. He's a man's man. His assessment of the loss to Milan I think sums up much of the problem with how Napoli have performed:

"I am the ultimate person who is responsible and every time we get to a big game, something happens.

"We've got to raise the bar, it's my problem, as evidently I can't get the team to approach certain matches the right way.

"We think too much about what's missing, what we don't do, what went against us. It's not bad luck. It's that we don't approach these games with the right determination, because technique and quality aren't enough.

"I've been talking about this for months now. I see an attitude I don't like and it hurts me. We need to sort this aspect out as soon as possible."

As a player, this man embodied determination and grit. If he can get his players to play with that same determination and grit, Napoli will be better for it, but I would add that the loss had more to do with Zlatan and Donnarumma. Their size and quality made all the difference. They allow Milan to play with confidence and that seems to be where Napoli are lacking. Napoli have to find that confidence and belief, but that may mean signing a player of Zlatan's caliber.

25. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    you are ignoring the tactical approaches here. We all agree with you on what you say about Gattuso, but we just don't like the way he sets this team up tactically.

Edit: some of us think*
    I also think the majority are slowly losing confidence with Gattuso seeing how poorly we perform, one thing is to win, but if those wins come from imo randomness in attack and somewhat solid at the back, it's hard to keep faith.