Serie A Thread 19/20

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Sacki, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Serie A Thread 19/20

2. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    --------Cagliari vs Napoli----------

3. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Hysaj on the left-back and Insigne make us weak down the left

4. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Insigne is just poor and Politano as expected a waste of money.

Imagine we had Gattuso instead of that fraud from the start of the season.

5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I meant Insigne being out makes us look weak... lol.

The best thing today was that cagliari didnt even have a big chance

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The problem I have with Insigne is his inconsistency.

But it is clear Gattuso does not really rate Milik, Llorente, Loznana and I could not agree more. Even Politano is borderline.

What we need next season is creativity. Fabian needs to stay.

7. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Gattuso about Mertens:

“Aside from the goal, he makes everything seem simple by linking the midfield with attack. He’s smart. He knows how to press, when to receive, when to track back and he never stops moving. We missed him a lot during his injury, as he combines quality with that nous, those smarts. He’s sneaky.”

Hopefully he has now seen what I have seen most this season... No more Milik plz! I would rather have fabian or insigne in his position pretending to be false 9s

I just don't understand how Milik landed a starring role on a team that has finished top 3 the last 4 years in one of Europe's top leagues, while he wasn't even helping the team getting there...

8. tripwire

tripwire Member+

Sep 23, 2012
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    A healthy and motivated Mertens is definitely a better option. I kind of like Elmas as well on the wing, and he adds some height to the three up top.

9. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Nothing should be judged. The game was not bad at all, but far from convincing. We still had holes in defense waiting to be taken advantage of, we still performed too shabbily in attack. After all, it was one player who had decided the game before it ended, so it can hardly be considered a success, seeing as we probably would have drawn it had it not been for Mertens's skill.

On another note, I am willing to concede that Gattuso does have some kind of a brain that he had not shown before he became a coach. His personality is better than that of most people in football, and in his interviews he seems to be not only talking straight to us, but even quite coherently, cogently, and sensibly. I am pleased with that to the last degree, I must admit.

The result of all of the above is that I indeed wish him the best, and I hope he will be the one to lead us to greater heights, as I am certain that he is a man of his word and he obviously won't take any shit from anyone, apart from the necessary 'evils', of course. I like his attitude towards Allan, that is, showing him that he can't act like a sassy fangirl quite in an abundantly clear manner, but keeping it real and not going into severity, leaving room for forgiveness after repentance.

The remark regarding Mertens could have the power to motivate others to stand out and show sth more, but I fear it will damage us rather than strengthen us, for most of our players seem to have lost their ability to distinguish themselves, if they had ever had more of it than that amount which is often produced by coincidence...

10. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I called Milik a fraud before his injury. Never convinced me.

11. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Well, that was officially a shit 1st half. Politano might be a better footballer than Callejon, but he seems lazy and out of shape. We might as well bring in a street performer

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We better win

13. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How Ancelotti wanted to base his season on Milik and Llorente is beyond me.

Sacki repped this.
  14. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Back then I thought that the combination of Mertens, Milik, and Llorente was not a bad idea, and I still kind of think so. Even Gattuso said that Llorente deserves more playing time. I think that they do have quality in their own game, especially Llorente, but you kinda dislike them both because you dislike the kind of football to which they are best suited. Ancelloti, to give him his due, could not teach the team to play for such strikers. Or maybe we were on the right path, as against Cagliari we created tons of chances for them, but it did not click and so we went away ineffective and broken.

We will need some kind of versatility, and this was one option. It wasn't a bad one, as being able to score a goal from the air is extremely important, viz Ramos. How many important games has he decided with his header until now? Like 50? I feel like I'm not even exaggerating.

15. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Ramos is a CB. He doesn't waste an attacking spot. Ramos also joins the attack when needed, I feel like we could benefit heavily from this by letting Manolas or K2 stay forward with Mertens when we really need a goal in the last minutes. Something Sarri never dared to do, but it kinda makes sense in desperation and chaos.

16. Euphorius Thor

SSC NapoliS
    Slovakia
    Jul 14, 2017
    Agreed, but Ramos decides the ends of matches, not matches themselves, plus it is also extremely hard to find a CB as skilled as Ramos in the opposition's box, that is, close to impossible. What we wanted to achieve was the possibility of giving our strikers a rest every once in a while, and to have a backup plan when things aren't working out. Having two different kinds of game can be of huge consequence, but we failed terribly at that, though it must be admitted we also had quite a bit of bad luck, no matter whether we recall the chances that we have missed or the posts that we have hit...

17. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I agree. I could be biased based on the football I like. but still don’t think they add much given both lack pace, dribbling and are poor with headers.

18. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    The football we presumably like is the only effective one unless you cheat (Juventus).
    Name another team that wins major trophies and plays horrible football?

19. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  20. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    That's your opinion, I think they play the best football in Europe, especially when they combine around Firminho.

I know you don't like their energetic approach, but after all, footballers are paid to work hard, so it's refreshing to see a full squad of proper professionals.

21. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hate their energetic approach muscling out other teams and playing fast balls. It is everything I despise about modern football.

I prefer controlled passing from the back.

22. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    -------------Napoli - Torino--------------

23. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    do people never comment anymore? Lobotka is good, but is regista his best position?

24. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Lobotka needs time.

What is Politano doing. He is not effective and creates little.

Milik needs to go.

Overall we are compact and keep the ball. Creativity is lacking.

25. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Even at 2 0 at home no Lozano