Serie A Round 6: Derbi d'Italia (R)

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by marakana11, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL Eto not only filling our main striker role but our AM position as well xD

2. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Today I watched Arsenal-Chelsea and the game was twice as ruff than this. The bald english dude never got anything wrong. WTF is the story in Italy, they used to have the best refs now every game has some sort of controversy.

If Italians cant do the job hire foreigners than can!

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cough*stereotype*cough

since when did they have the best refs?(notice its plural), maybe back in the 90s and early 2000s

4. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well then they had them, but still any other big league doesn't even come close to this that's a standard every week in Seria A. I mean how hard can it be? Its not like there moving like lightning.

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do have to agree with you, so much drama, the players are also part of this, they argue the call more often than what im use to seeing or they make a big deal

6. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    True but since its a standard I mean wouldn't you do it to? Cant really blame the players. If they had normal games nobody would complain.

Santon in for Cordoba. This is a surprise.

7. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is odd........I mean chivu was struggling and got knocked down.......maybe a minor strain.,..

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    is it just me or sneijder's crosses and freekicks have been less than amazing

9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo......

man that was it.....

10. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    His less than amazing from the start of this season and he shots far to much for my taste.

11. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Jesus. I can't take this.

12. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Such a poor game I'm speechless.

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would say Inter is more dissapointed, both fans and players

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lazio top of the table, and we are tied with milan for 3rd, 11 points a piece

15. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I kind of want to throw-up now.

Other than the fact that aliens seem to have abducted Milito and replaced him with someone who can't finish, there's a lot on my mind regarding this match. Most of it is revolving around the fact that Juventus is very poor, and our back 4 seemed to struggle mightily at times to keep them from getting wide open shots. If Juve is going to test them like this, what's Spurs going to be able to manage against us? Zanetti is dearly missed. He leads that back 4, and they need a captain, fast.

And any guesses why we have Maicon taking needlessly rushed corner kicks in the last 20 seconds of stoppage time instead of taking time to set something up to make a good effort to get one last good shot on goal?

16. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at least vdv wont be there..........he has been on fire......

17. ajstaiti

ajstaiti New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't know why everyone is saying it was such a terrible game...
    We played fairly, not great but Juve played their butts off to keep it scoreless.
    Eto'o was sublime and I thought Coutinho and Stankovic were aswell. Milito, Sneijder, and Chivu were poor and I think this made the difference. It's time to either start Chivu at cb or bench him; he doesn't have the pace or the discipline to play left-back. Sneijder had a bad game; plain and simple. Milito has been struggling, but had some nice movements today. I think we leave Milito out there, quality players don't turn to crap overnight. Once Sneijder,Milito, Eto'o, and Coutinho start to click; this attack will be deadly.

18. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well we look slow, if it wasn't for Eto God knows how much points would we have right now. We played real poor against a team that played poor. This about sums up the game from my point of view.

We got 3 star players that were unbelievable just 3 months ago playing like crap (Maicon, Sneijder, Milito). We got a defence that was so strong that teams practiclly gave up on crossing now every long ball or cross looks like a potential goal. I don't know what kind of instruction Maicon gets but his very limited going forward. Milito played well IMO last night the only thing that was missing was a goal, he found himself 2-3 times in a good position and his movement was good as ever. What he lacks right now is a guy who can pass since Sneijder just doesn't do it.

We practically play 4-2-4 since Sneijder is our main CF most of the time and he barely has any intention to go back. Even more he doesn't even dictate the game as he shots most of the time when he gets the ball. We are predictable and slow I mean you can see 5 minutes before we do something what we will do.

Couthino is just not ready to play such important role. He had a good game against Werder but in needs to be said Werder has the worst defense in Germany right now by far, they leek 2-3 regularly almost every game. We miss Balo and his impact even tho I don't regret his sale. But I do regret that nobody arrived to change him.

I'm also for Santon on LB when he came in Krasic was done, Chive is a big liability there.

From all this for now we got more meaningless possession in the middle and more worries, we look less dangerous and a lot less mobile. What if Eto gets injured or his form dips we are done. Right now we are a team of individuals again not a team. I say whats up Ben?

I'm even more mad when I read that Ben said we played good and the guys that did good in his opinion were bad, even more he always blames fatigue for a bad performance. For how long, we are way in the season if anything we shod be fresh. Why is so hard to say we underperformed and that he expects more? Just with this I would respect him more.

19. ajstaiti

ajstaiti New Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Well, this isn't much different from last season. I don't really like Benitez, but last year our performances were just as hit-and-miss in the beginning. We're in good position in serie as well as our champions league group. No reason to start panicing just yet.

20. bibonzo

bibonzo New Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Croatia
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    True but our defense was top notch, we struggled to score but we didn't have like 3-4 100% opportunities per game against us. Now we do. And more players performed overall right now we simply rely on Eto to brake the team down. Its always nice to have possession but if it doesn't bring anything good its bad. Personally I think Rafa shod use the same gameplan Mou did until he gets the players to change it or we will struggle against top opposition.

So far we already have 2 losses, 3 draws and 5 wins since the season started in all competitions we participated. No were near brilliant. We win every other game I say that's pretty alarming. And all wins are against teams that are struggling real bad right now.

21. futbolmad

futbolmad New Member

Jan 2, 2005

You re quite right. To be honest, as soon as Milito came in for Babiany and Eto'o was pushed away from goal, my heart sank. When Eto'o was injured in Barcelona (6 months) the team did not see a single title. When he left Barcelona, he helped Inter win the CL. Now he is in good shape, but keeping him away from goal has the same effect as getting injured. Without meaning to downplay Milito's qualities, Eto'o could have put away those chances Milito had. I hope Rafa does the right thing and puts Eto'o where he has truly belonged throughout his career.

22. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the problem last season too, which i recall bibo pointed out last year:
    basically we got two players that play the same position and excel in that position, however last season mou decided to put eto on the left which worked because we were playing a different style of football

If ben puts eto up top, where does that leave milito? in the bench? our top scorer last season has to sit in the bench? that is the dilemma

and now we know why cordoba got subbed out:
    http://www.inter.it/aas/hp?L=en

which will mean santon on the left, chivu as CB, that is if samuel and cordoba dont recover in time